4th of July Recipes
We love to celebrate, and these 4th of July recipes make whatever you are doing to celebrate (a BBQ, Picnic, Camping Trip, etc) fun and festive!
Now that the 4th of July festivities are RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, I thought I would share some of our favorite Independence Day recipes. They are are easy, fun, and SO colorful. Around my house, the 4th of July is a time for families, fun, and lots of outdoor activities. We love to be outside and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. All of these recipes are ones that I’ve tried in my own home and actually fed my kids during our summer 4th of July barbecue dinners.
Our Featured Independence Day Recipes:
This cake is awesome! It has the most amazing taste and is so patriotic! The sheet cake tastes almost like a fruit pizza crust! It is so sweet and satisfying. It serves about 30 people and only takes a few minutes to prep and 40 minutes to bake. You must give this one a try! All of your guests will be begging for the recipe.
- 18 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 21 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries, sliced
This Dutch Oven Cobbler is PERFECT for any Independence Day camping trip. I love this dutch oven recipe because it takes literally 5 MINUTES to prep and about 45 to cook. That means you can quickly prep the cobbler and then spend 45 minutes just chatting and enjoying yourself. This recipe serves around 25 people.
This cake is SUCH a hit in my house. We make it for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, and every summer birthday in my house! My kids LOVE it and it is SO easy to make. Plus, it is red, white, and blue. This can serve around 15-20 people depending on how big you cut the pieces! It does take a little bit more prep because you have to refrigerate it for around 4 hours after baking! Just keep that in mind 🙂
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled, divided
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package any red Jell-O
- 1 cup cold water
- ice cubes
- 1 loaf pound cake or angel food cake
- 1 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
This 3 ingredient punch is SO easy, affordable, and your kids will love it! I love to use these fun star ice cube trays. They are adorable and your kids will get the biggest kick out of them. This takes seconds to make and is the cutest addition to any 4th of July barbecue. Just be sure to serve immediately because after a few hours in the hot sun, it turns into more of a purple rather than 3 separate colors!
- Blue drink
- Red drink (with more sugar than the blue)
- Clear or white drink (with less sugar than the blue)
- Ice cubes
- Clear cups
This is the EASIEST kebab recipe EVER. All you need to do bake a batch of brownies and cut them up into little squares. Afterwards, wash up some strawberries and blueberries! Grab your marshmallows and start making your kebabs! It is that simple! Everyone will LOVE these treats.
- 9 x 13 inch pan of Brownies (chilled and cut into 1-inch squares)
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled
- Large marshmallows
- Hot Fudge Sauce for drizzling, if desired
- Bamboo/wooden skewers
This is the easiest shaved ice recipe I have ever seen! I thought I would literally have to shave the ice, but you don’t! All you have to do is make jello like usual but substitute soda for the usual cold water that you stir in! After that, throw it in the freezer and wait! That is all you need to do. Your kids will OBSESS over this treat! It is so quick and simple that you can make it over and over again.
This is also known as goolash and is a HUGE hit in my house! My kids LOVE this! It does take a little prep before you head out to go camping, but once you are out there, this recipe is super easy. It only has 5 ingredients and will end up serving the whole group! I highly recommend this one for ANY 4th of July camping trip!
These are just 7 of my favorite Independence Day recipes but I have LOADS more below. 4th of July is such a fun time to just simply get together and enjoy each other’s company. Why not fill that time with some of your favorite foods? That is the American way right?
Comment below and let us know which recipe you are going to try this Independence Day!
Check out our Pinterest boards for lots of other Patriotic Recipes!
- Cheesecake Strawberries
- Red, White and Blue Salad
- Basic Cheesecake Recipe with Strawberry Topping
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- Simple Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
- Patriotic Berry Cookies
- Cooking From Your Pantry: 4th of July Recipes!