How to Make Air Fryer S’mores
Craving an ooey-gooey s’more from the comfort of home? Cook up some of these easy air fryer s’mores! They’re not quite the same as their campfire counterparts, but they’re still delicious.
Benefits of Cooking S’mores in the Air Fryer
There is nothing like cooking s’mores over the open fire, but when the craving hits you and you’re not near a campfire, air fryer s’mores are the next best thing!
Air fryers cook food by circulating hot air around it. When you cook marshmallows in the air fryer, they will have an even golden crust and give you melty, gooey goodness all the way through.
Cooking s’mores in the air fryer also allows you to make several at a time which is great for serving a crowd.
How to Cook Air Fryer S’mores in 5 Steps
It is so easy to cook smores in your air fryer! Just remember while reading the instructions below that each air fryer is going to be a little bit different. For example, a toaster oven air fryer will roast marshmallows in as little as 30 seconds while most other standard air fryers take at least 5 minutes.
To find the right cooking time for your air fryer, I recommend peeking at your s’mores starting at the 5-minute mark.
Step 1. Gather Your Ingredients
To make things more fun, there are some ingredient variation ideas below if you’re feeling like switching things up!
Step 2. Place Your Graham Crackers & Marshmallows in the Air Fryer
Simply place graham cracker halves evenly on the cooking rack with marshmallows in the middle of each cracker.
Be sure to space them evenly apart. When the marshmallows cook, they will expand and puff up a bit, so you want to make sure not to cram them together too closely.
Step 3. Let Them Cook
Cook at 375 for about 7 minutes or until the tops of the marshmallow starts to turn golden brown.
Fun fact & tip: One problem I had when making smores in the air fryer was that they blew around inside and tipped over. After many trials and errors, I discovered cutting just a small amount of the marshmallow off the bottom really helped! This allows the marshmallow to stick to the graham cracker and withstand the circulation of air.
Step 4. Top With Chocolate
Next, add the desired amount of chocolate and top with the other graham cracker half.
At this point your smores are complete, but we are going to take it to the next level by placing them back in the air fryer for another two minutes to get that chocolate nice and melted!
Step 5. Enjoy!
Once your chocolate has reached the desired level of gooeyness, take your s’mores out of the air fryer, let them cool, and enjoy! Maybe try closing your eyes and imagine you’re camping to get that real s’more feel. 😉
There is nothing like a classic smore combination of graham crackers, traditional jumbo marshmallows, and smooth milk chocolate. But if you’re looking to change things up, give these fun ideas a try!
- Graham Crackers: Try chocolate graham crackers, cinnamon graham crackers, or cookies
- Marshmallows: Try flavored marshmallows or mini marshmallows for extra golden crisp edges
- Chocolate: Try replacing the regular chocolate with peanut butter cups, caramel-filled chocolate squares or decadent dark chocolate
Although nothing can really beat a classic campfire s’more, these air fryer s’mores are still pretty awesome. They’re easy, they’re quick, and they definitely hit the spot!
Now that you’re armed with the knowledge of how to make s’mores indoors, go give it a shot! Be sure to come back afterward to let us know how it went.
PS: If you’re a big s’more fan, try these s’mores cookie cups!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- The Best Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Simple Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Korean Fried Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Simple Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 20 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
How to Make Air Fryer S’mores
- 4 Graham Crackers, broken in half
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 milk chocolate Hershey's bar, divided
- Kitchen Appliances: Air Fryer
- Place four graham cracker halves inside the air fryer basket.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of each marshmallow, and stick it to the graham cracker. This will keep it secure during cooking.
- Cook at 375 for about 7-8 minutes, or until the marshmallow is golden brown.
- Add the desired amount of Hershey's chocolate and top with the other graham cracker.
- Place back in the air fryer for another 2 minutes or until the chocolate begins to melt.
Cooking time may vary considerably depending on your air fryer model. A toaster oven air fryer can roast mallows in as little as 30 seconds. But most standard air fryer models take at least 5 minutes. I would highly recommend peeking at your s’mores starting at the 5-minute mark.