Easy Homemade No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
Don’t have an ice cream machine but still want to make homemade ice cream? We’ve got you covered! This easy no-churn ice cream recipe only needs 5 ingredients, doesn’t require any fancy ice cream maker, and it’s the perfect base for all your favorite mix-ins!
As the summer months are coming, the NECESSITY for frozen treats comes along too. To help you get through the hot days, we’re sharing this amazing, super easy homemade ice cream recipe.
My kids LOVE this one and it is so easy to make. No ice cream maker required! The fun part is that you can make it ANY flavor you wish! I love putting berries in mine! Stay tuned for some other mix-in ideas as well.
How to Make Ice Cream Without a Machine
This is probably the easiest homemade ice cream you’ll ever make. Set aside about 20 minutes to prep it, and the rest of the time (about 6 hours) is just for the ice cream to set in the freezer.
For ingredients, you’ll need egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla extract, and whipping cream. That’s it! You’ll also want a 2-quart container to hold your delicious frozen creation.
Step 1. Mix Egg Yolks, Condensed Milk, Water, and Vanilla Extract
In a large bowl, stir together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, water, and vanilla extract, until combined.
Step 2. Whip Your Whipping Cream and Mix Everything Together
Whip up that whipping cream! It helps to use a chilled bowl and beaters. Go for stiff peaks and don’t add any sugar or anything else into the cream.
Next, FOLD the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Folding is different than stirring. You want to make sure that the air stays in the whipped cream. Gently incorporate it into the mixture, making sure that the air stays in the cream.
Step 3. (Optional) Add Your Favorite Mix-Ins!
You can finish your homemade ice cream up right then for a sweet, creamy vanilla ice cream, OR you can fold in about 1 cup of another flavoring. I used crushed Oreo cookies, but you could also try adding in:
- A puree of fresh or frozen peaches or berries
- Your favorite candy or candy bar
- Chocolate chips
- Egg-less Cookie dough
For more ideas and creative combinations, check out these homemade ice cream recipes.
Step 4. Freeze!
Note: The foil lining is optional but recommended as it makes it a LOT easier to remove the ice cream from the pan.
It is that easy! Try it out and let us know what you think.
This no-churn ice cream is a fun alternative because many other homemade ice cream recipes require a lot of work and time! All you have to do is stir this up in the morning and it will be ready as a later afternoon treat during the summer heat!
One of our readers Bernice (80 years old!) sent this recipe. Thanks, Bernice! We love your recipe!
Tips from Bernice:
Often around some holidays, whipping cream is on sale; also AFTER the holiday (about a week or so) managers will put whipping cream on clearance before it expires. YOU CAN FREEZE whipping cream in its container! You can also freeze already WHIPPED cream, put in serving size “dollops” on a cookie sheet, freeze, remove from cookie sheet and package in bags.
If too much cream was whipped (with sugar), it doesn’t store well in the refrigerator, so try not to whip too much so you don’t waste.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Have a Kitchenaid mixer? Try this Chocolate Kitchenaid Ice Cream Recipe
- For Wendy’s Frosty lovers, try this Wendy’s Frosty Copycat Recipe
- Another awesome summertime treat: Healthy Homemade Fudgesicles OR Dole Whip Pineapple Popsicles
- If you love Oreos like we do, try our Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- And finally, for a healthier frozen treat, try this Healthy Low Calorie Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Easy Homemade No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream (not whipped topping)
- optional: add-in of your choice (crushed Oreo or candy bar, m&ms, berries, fruit puree, or whatever!)
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, water, and vanilla extract, until combined.
- Whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks. It helps to use a chilled bowl and beaters. (Don't add any sugar or anything else into the cream.) FOLD the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. If desired, fold in about 1 cup of an add-in of your choice.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan or other 2-quart container with foil (this is an optional step for ease of removing ice cream from pan). Pour in mixture. COVER. Freeze in your freezer for 6 hours or until firm. You can scoop it out or take it out of the pan, peel off foil, and slice to serve.