Easy Homemade Ice Cream
The easiest way to make homemade ice cream!
As the summer months are coming, the NECESSITY for cool treats comes along too. We decided to share one of our favorite homemade recipes with you today. My kids LOVE this one and it is so easy to make. No churning! The fun part is that you can make it ANY flavor you wish! I love putting berries in mine!
How to Make Your Homemade Ice Cream:
In a large bowl, stir together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, water, and vanilla extract, until combined.
Then whip up that whipping cream! It helps to use a chilled bowl and beaters. Go for stiff peaks and don’t add any sugar or anything else into the cream. FOLD the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture.
Tip: Folding is different than stirring. You want to make sure that the air stays in the whipped cream. Gently incorporate it into the mixture, making sure that the air stays in the cream.
You can finish it up right then for a sweet, creamy vanilla ice cream, OR you can fold in about 1 cup of another flavoring. I used crushed Oreo cookies, but you could also try adding in a puree of fresh or frozen peaches or berries. Another option is your favorite candy or candy bar. Yum!
It is that easy! Try it out and let us know what you think.
This is a fun alternative because many other homemade ice cream recipes require a lot of work and time! All you have to do is stir this up in the morning and it will be ready as a later afternoon treat during the summer heat!
One of our readers Bernice (80 years old!) sent this recipe. Thanks, Bernice! We love your recipe!
Tips from Bernice:
Often around some holidays, whipping cream is on sale; also AFTER the holiday (about a week or so) managers will put whipping cream on clearance before it expires. YOU CAN FREEZE whipping cream in its container! You can also freeze already WHIPPED cream, put in serving size “dollops” on a cookie sheet, freeze, remove from cookie sheet and package in bags.
If too much cream was whipped (with sugar), it doesn’t store well in the refrigerator, so try not to whip too much so you don’t waste.
Easy Homemade Ice Cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream (not whipped topping)
- optional: add-in of your choice (crushed Oreo or candy bar, m&ms, berries, fruit puree, or whatever!)
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, water, and vanilla extract, until combined.
- Whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks. It helps to use a chilled bowl and beaters. (Don't add any sugar or anything else into the cream.) FOLD the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. If desired, fold in about 1 cup of an add-in of your choice.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan or other 2-quart container with foil (this is an optional step for ease of removing ice cream from pan). Pour in mixture. COVER. Freeze in your freezer for 6 hours or until firm. You can scoop it out or take it out of the pan, peel off foil, and slice to serve.