Air Fryer Reviews and Buying Guide (PLUS, the 5 Best Fryers!)
Air fryers! Many folks are eyeballing an air fryer for Christmas gift giving (or receiving)! If you’re like me, you’d never heard of an air fryer until the last year or so. I spent some time researching and reviewing air fryers and now have for you the Fabulessly Frugal’s Air Fryer Buying Guide. I’ll help you decide if an air fryer would be a great addition to your kitchen (scroll down for the air fryer reviews) and I even have a few Air Fryer recipes for you too!
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is exactly what it says it is. It’s a way to fry food using AIR. I know, you think it sounds too good to be true… but it’s not! It is a real thing.
When you fry in an Airfryer, you are able to use significantly less oil than you would if you were frying normally. What happens is that the hot air inside of the fryer moves around so quickly that it simulates a real fryer. Frying in an air fryer reduces fat by 75%! as compared to frying with oil. Hello!
An air fryer is basically a small “convection oven” if you will. There are multiple different brands, but each fryer uses air to fry the food. There are no oil deposits, just air! Another awesome thing is that you can bake, broil, grill, and roast in an air fryer as well! There are many new air fryer recipes with easy ways to use this new appliance!
Pros of Having an Air Fryer
- Reduces the fat by 75% in a dish when compared to regular fried food
- Less than 1 tablespoon of oil can fry an entire meal
- No huge pans of oil once the frying is done
- Quick and easy
- Lowers calories in meals
- Provides restaurant style frying
- Can fry frozen foods instantly
- Easy to clean
- Can double as a grill or oven
Cons of an Air Fryer
- Cost: they can cost anywhere from $50-$300.
- Bulky: Most of the air fryers are large in size. This means it won’t store nicely on your counter space. You will most likely have to put it away and bring it out each time you need it.
- Not all foods will fry as expected: I saw some people say raw veggies were difficult for them to fry, while I saw others say that they fried raw veggies every night. Be sure to check out the fryer you are buying (our buying guide below will help!) to know what it is capable of. It will take time to learn how to prep food for the Air Fryer. So at first, things could be a little inconsistent.
- Time: an air fryer will take more time than a normal fryer to get the job done. I am talking about only a few minutes difference, but I wanted to make sure you are aware of that.
You Need an Air Fryer IF:
- You love fried foods
- You want to make healthier choices
- You want to consume fewer calories
- You like a variety in your diet
- You are tired of using the stove/oven
- MAYBE you don’t have a stove/oven (awesome to have if you’re remodeling!)
- You want to try something new!
Air Fryer Reviews: The Best Air Fryers
This is probably the most popular and most purchased air fryer out on the market. Here are some of the things we love about it:
- Comes with a recipe book with over 150 different recipes
- Has analog controls where you can set the timer by hand
- The bin where the frying takes place comes out easily and is super easy to clean
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars with hundreds of review
If you are wanting a fryer that will do the job and want a brand you can trust, go with this one! It is also rated the best for quick results!
This is for all of you skeptics. This is an awesome air fryer, with high reviews, at a fraction of the price.
It comes with 7 different programmed settings like warm up, chips, chicken, steak, etc. that will make your frying even easier. It also has a 4.5-star review out of 5!
Some complaints say that it does not cook as even as the Philips fryer, but it still gets the job done. You get what you pay for! If you are wanting to just test it out and see if you will actually enjoy frying, this one is for you! This is the best, most affordable option out there.
Those of you who are looking for a deal, this is the one for you! I want to get this one for myself. It has a 4.5-star rating and has been reviewed by over 700 different customers.
It can do everything that all the others can do, but it comes with a digital screen and a toaster and skewer rack for free! It is dishwasher safe and super easy to clean. I recommend this one for, EVERYONE.
It comes in many different colors and allows you to watch your food while it is being fried due to the clear glass bowl it sits in. It has a 3.5 out of 5 rating and is an awesome option for those big families that cannot afford the Philips XL model!
This is by far the most visually appealing air fryer on the market! Cuisinart did an awesome job by combining a convection oven with an air fryer! You can bake, grill, fry, warm, and toast all at once!
This oven has a 4.5 star review and was named one of the top 10 air fryers on the market. I recommend this one if you are wanting to leave the fryer out at all times on your counter, as it’s more visually appealing. Another bonus is that you can use it as a toaster, convection oven, and an air fryer!
Which Air Fryer Will You Buy?
The five different air fryers that I highlighted here on this buying guide are all great, that’s why I picked them for you! Now you need to pick which one would work best with your family, your lifestyle, your kitchen, and your budget.
If you are worried about the prices, BE SURE to subscribe to our text notifications NOW. I already know that these will be a huge hit during Black Friday so we will send out text notifications whenever a good air fryer deal comes up! Also, be sure to check out our deals page from now until Black Friday just in case an air fryer makes its way on our site!
Check Out These Air Fryer Recipes!
After you get your hands on a brand new air fryer, you’re going to need some recipes to test it out with! Here are some of our favorite ones:
- 20 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- 15 Air Fryer Recipes That Will Make You Want An Air Fryer
- 15 of the Best Air Fryer Hamburger Recipes
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again