Party Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Try this easy, healthy grilled chicken recipe!
I don’t know about you, but I really enjoy cooking up some delicious kebabs for friends and family in the summer! These yummy Mediterranean-inspired chicken kebabs are sure to please at your next cookout. Plus, they are simple and easy. Perfect for a party or BBQ! (Especially, if you snag some inexpensive chicken from Zaycon! Holla!)
There is a lot of great flavor going on in this marinade. It is bright and fresh! I also love that this recipe is on the healthy side of the spectrum. The chicken is sweetened with honey and the fresh flavor comes from the lemon juice, garlic, and herbs.
I usually use dried sage in this recipe to keep things super easy, and because I already have a little container of dried sage hanging around. You can try out subbing 2 teaspoons dried rosemary for the fresh rosemary too, but I think it is nice to get some fresh herb flavor in there somewhere. 🙂
This chicken is really easy to prepare! Just cut up the chicken, whisk together the marinade, and throw it all in a large resealable bag or container. Then let it marinate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Grill the meat for about 8 minutes and enjoy. It is simple, but delicious.
Double or triple the recipe and invite some friends and family over. 😉 P.S. I often use more chicken, closer 1 1/2 pounds, and find that I don’t need to increase the marinade recipe for that amount.
A few more of my favorite kebab recipes:
- Balsamic Beef Kebabs
- Best BBQ Chicken Kebabs
- Chipotle Chicken Kebabs with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Pesto Grilled Chicken
- Simple Peanut Satay Chicken Kebabs
If you’re looking for some great skewers for your next BBQ, check out the Norpro Stainless Steel 14-inch skewers. I have two sets of them! They last for years and work well with a simple and sturdy design.
Party Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, sage, honey, pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag or container, add the marinade, and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight, turning the chicken at least once.
- Preheat grill to high. Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (or have metal skewers ready).
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and reduce heat to medium.
- Grill for 2 minutes and rotate a quarter-turn.
- Continue to grill, turning, for 1-2 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
Recipe Adapted From: The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook