Grilled Garlic Herb Steak Tips Recipe
Juicy Grilled Sirloin Tips
I am so excited about this recipe! These sirloin steak tips are grilled to perfection, tender, juicy, and flavorful. I’m in love… and will be snagging steak tips every time I see them on sale from now on.
Grilled Sirloin Tips Garlic Herb Marinade
This homemade garlic herb marinade is fantastic and easy. It compliments the steak really well. And let me tell you, there is no need for any sort of steak sauce. The lemon wedges add a nice splash of additional flavor though!
You can use 1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme in place of the dried thyme if you prefer.
Marinating Your Sirloin Steak Tips
The steak doesn’t need to marinate overnight or for several hours – one hour in the refrigerator with the marinade is all it needs. Sirloin steak tips are usually one of the more affordable cuts of beef, but with this marinade and method of cooking, they taste like they should cost a lot more!
I have just under 3 pounds of sirloin steak tips in the bag pictured above and it easily served 6 people with a little bit left over. I cook the meat until it reaches about 125 degrees and it is perfect for me. Tender and juicy, with just a bit of pink in the center. (Check the smaller pieces of meat first since they will cook a bit faster.)
Gas vs. Charcoal Grill
I have included the instructions for cooking with a gas grill in the recipe below because that is what I am familiar with (I love my Weber Genesis, by the way), but here is how the instructions differ if you are cooking with a charcoal grill:
Open the bottom vent completely. Light a large chimney starter with charcoal briquettes (6 quarts). When coals are partially covered with ash, pour two-thirds evenly over the grill, then pour remaining coals over half of the grill. Set cooking grate in place, cover, and open lid vent completely. Heat grill until hot, about 5 minutes. Cook steak tips on the hotter side of the grill.
This recipe is very slightly adapted from The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook.
Enjoy Your Delicious Grilled Sirloin Tips
I hope you had an easy time grilling up your herb and garlic steak tips and I hope you loved the flavor as much as I do!
Serve your sirloin tips with some grilled corn and homemade mashed potatoes and you’ve got yourself an unreal meal. Be warned though because your neighbors might be asking for dinner invites once they smell what you’re cooking!
More Grill Recipes:
- Balsamic Beef Kebabs Recipe
- Easy Ranch Pork Chops Recipe
- The Best BBQ Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- Best Ever Juicy Burger Recipe
- Lemony Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Grilled Garlic Herb Steak Tips Recipe
- 2-3 pounds sirloin steak tips, trimmed
- lemon wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add beef to bag and toss to coat.
- Press out as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, flipping bag halfway through.
Gas Grill Instructions:
- Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill for about 15 minutes.
- Clean and oil the cooking grate.
- Remove beef from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place steak on grill and cook with lid down until well browned on first side, about 4 minutes.
- Flip steak and continue to cook until meat registers 120-125 (for medium-rare) or 130-135 (for medium), 6 to 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer steak to carving board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak thin on a bias, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges.