Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe
Cheesy, rich, and classic – this copycat for Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Recipe is the easiest sauce you will ever make!
I love how easy and delicious this homemade Olive Garden Alfredo sauce is to make! I’ve received countless comments from our readers saying that this is the best alfredo sauce they have ever made.
Even if you don’t call yourself a cook, you can make this divine sauce in under 30 minutes with just a handful of simple ingredients. Yes, you heard me right…. it’s quick, easy and DELISH!
Scroll down for all the directions and print this yummy Alfredo Sauce recipe!
Here are our favorite bread stick recipes:
How to make Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce Recipe
You’ll only need SIX ingredients in order to make this AMAZING Alfredo sauce! Your family will be asking for more and more! It’s rich and creamy and doesn’t take a ton to coat the pasta either.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: You’ll start by combining butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese!
Step 2: Bring that to a light boil over medium high heat and stir frequently to incorporate. Next you’ll whisk in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
Step 3: Whisk until incorporated and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the Alfredo sauce is thick enough to coat a metal spoon. Just like you see pictured below…
We also love making this one on spaghetti night! It’s yummy combined with our favorite homemade spaghetti sauce.
Parmesan Cheese Tips:
Here’s an extra tip to make your sauce taste as good as when you order it fresh from Olive Garden.
The secret to a good Alfredo sauce is using fresh Parmesan cheese. The dried, grated variety that you buy in the pasta aisle can be too strong and salty. You can buy a small wedge of Parmesan and grate it, but I’ve also had no problem using the fresh grated parm cheese found in the cheese aisle.
Alfredo Sauce Tips:
- If you find your sauce isn’t thick enough, be sure to let the sauce boil for a moment before you add the cheese!
- If it starts to separate, rapidly whisk the sauce to incorporate all the ingredients.
Can You Reheat this Homemade Alfredo Sauce?
Unlike the Alfredo Sauce from Olive Garden, this EASY alfredo sauce recipe reheats beautifully! You can pop it in the microwave (time will vary, depending on the amount you are reheating) and then just whisk it up again to incorporate all the ingredients. It will taste fantastic and be nice and smooth!
My Favorite Pasta Pot:
My go-to pasta/steamer pot is much like this Excelsteel 8 Quart 18/10 Stainless Steel 4 Piece Pot. It’s perfect for cooking and draining large amounts of pasta, steaming fresh veggies, seafood and boiling eggs. Large or small, the strainer baskets do the job and having a clear lid with an 8 quart stainless pot is nice for soups and stews.
Here’s a meal idea to go along with the homemade Alfredo sauce:
Want some more inspiration? Here’s an amazing meal idea that goes perfect with our Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce recipe.
Cook a 48-ounce package of fresh cheese tortellini for 6 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Immediately drain it and add it to the Alfredo sauce. Add 2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken breast, if desired, to the sauce and pasta. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
You might also like these copycat recipes:
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat Recipe
- Pasta e Fagioli Olive Garden Copycat Recipe
- Olive Garden Breadsticks Copycat Recipe
- View all copycat recipes
Whenever I visit Olive Garden, I order one of their pastas with Alfredo Sauce over 80% of the time. I absolutely love it.
Now that I know the recipe, I can enjoy it at home whenever I want.
What did you think of Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe? Was it the same as your experience at the restaurant, better, worse?
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe
- In a saucepan combine heavy cream, butter and cream cheese. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, then keep it simmering until all is melted and mixed well. Stir often!
- Right after the mixture comes to a light boil, whisk in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Simmer this for 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat, just until it thickens enough to coat a spoon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot pasta, in place of red pizza sauce, or for dipping. It's great with grilled chicken or shrimp too.