Meatball, Potato, Bell Pepper, and Onion Bake
Dinners during the week can be a struggle sometimes, which is when I love to have this meatball, potato, bell pepper, and onion bake recipe made up. It is such a simple dinner to make, but still tastes fantastic and the flavor is great.
Plus it is a great way to make sure you are getting in some protein and veggies on those tight nights with little to no time to spare between all of the kids’ activities. But, I promise you this meal is actually quicker to make than making your way to get some fast food.
And of course, it probably goes without mentioning that it is then obviously better for you than the processed food in the drive-thru. However, I will say, sometimes you just need that Big Mac. Haha.
You can find even more quick dinners to make in my YouTube video Easy 5 Ingredient Meals Made in the Air Fryer!
Ingredients and Supplies Needed to Make This Meatball, Potato, Bell Pepper, and Onion Bake Recipe:
- Frozen meatballs
- Frozen pepper and onion mix
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- Oil sprayer or nonstick cooking spray
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II is hands down my favorite)
- Wooden spoon
Can I Use Fresh Onions and Peppers?
You definitely can use fresh onions and pepper for this recipe. However, since they will take less time to cook I would add them with there is about 5 minutes left in the last step of cooking so that they don’t get overcooked.
What Type of Potato to Use?
For this recipe, I normally will use whatever potatoes I have on hand. But if I am planning on getting potatoes to use for this recipe I generally choose to stick with red potatoes or Yukon golds.
But, whichever your favorite is should work too! You can even mix and match if you want.
How Do I Get the Potatoes to be Tender Enough?
Potatoes can be hard to bake to make sure that all of the potatoes are no longer raw without overcooking some of the potatoes.
The biggest key to getting an even turn out for the potatoes is to try your best to cut the potatoes into the same size (I try to make sure they are bite-size) as best as you can and then make sure they are all coated with the oil.
Can I Use Frozen Meatballs?
Yes, definitely! We have always used frozen meatballs for this recipe and it turns out great! I have used both homestyle and Italian and both taste wonderful.
How to Make Meatball, Potato, Bell Pepper, and Onion Bake:
Step 1: Prepare the Potatoes
First start by washing, peeling, and cubing the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and then place them into the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Then place the salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley into a small mixing bowl and mix them together.
Sprinkle the seasoning all over the potatoes and then spray the potatoes lightly with oil.
Now, turn the air fryer on and set it for 8 minutes at 380F or 193C.
Step 2: Add in the Remaining Ingredients
Once the air fryer is done after 8 minutes, open up the air fryer and pour in the meatballs, along with adding as much of the frozen pepper and onion mix as you’d like.
Then use a wooden spoon and stir it all together to get some of the seasonings mixed into the meatballs, peppers, and onions.
Now turn the air fryer back on at 380F or 193C for another 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and then the meatballs are at least 165F or 74C internally.
Step 3: Remove the Meatball, Potato, Pepper, and Onion Bake
You can now remove the bake from the air fryer, or you can spray everything one last time with a little more oil and pop the basket back in during the last 2 minutes at 400F or 200C to make sure everything is extra crispy.
Then simply serve and enjoy!
Get the Ball Rolling with More Meatball Recipes!
Meatballs are some of the best recipes that you can make in a little bit of time and match them with so many different flavors. Here are some of my favorite recipes.
Air Fryer Meatball Recipes:
- Honey Garlic Meatballs Recipe – Air Fryer, Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
- Air Fryer Meatballs and Glaze – Quick and Easy Freezer Meal!
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- 4 Ingredient Crescent Roll Meatball Dinner Recipe in the Air Fryer
- The Easiest Meatball Mummies Recipe (Oven and Air Fryer Instructions)
- 30-Minutes Turkey Meatball Subs in the Air Fryer
I genuinely love making meatballs for dinner, and this recipe is no exception. It is super simple to make, can throw it together quickly, and always tastes amazing.
Plus if you want to get fancy with it, you can always throw it over some pasta and call it a day! You can never go wrong with a good meatball recipe.
Quick Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Meatball, Potato, Bell Pepper, and Onion Bake
- 1 lb Frozen meatballs
- 2 lbs Potatoes Red or Yukon Potatoes work great
- 1 lb Frozen pepper and onion mix
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- Wash, peel, and cube the potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are dry and place them in the air fryer basket. Add all the seasoning (salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley) to the potatoes. Lightly spritz the potatoes with oil. Air fry for 8 minutes at 380 °F.
- Add the frozen meatballs and frozen pepper and onion mix. You can add as much of the pepper and onion mix as you would like.
- Air fry the mixture for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the meatballs register at 165 °F. If you want everything to be extra crispy, during the last two minutes of cooking, spritz everything with extra oil and bump up the heat to 400 °F.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!