When it comes to dinner, sometimes simple is a must, and this teriyaki meatballs recipe in the air fryer is just what the doctor ordered. So if fast, simple, and delicious sounds great to you, this meatball recipe is exactly what you need to make.
You can place both the frozen meatballs and broccoli in the air fryer and have a delicious dinner that is done in no time! Plus, it makes clean up easy too making both right in the air fryer.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed for Teriyaki Meatball Dinner:
- Frozen meatballs
- Teriyaki sauce
- Air fryer (the Cosori Pro II makes the best meatballs!)
- Spatula or wooden spoon (for mixing)
Do I Need to Thaw the Meatballs?
The wonderful thing about the air fryer is that you do NOT need to thaw the meatballs or the broccoli before you put it in.
They will come out perfectly roasted and not soggy like if you were to have put them in the microwave to heat them up and will still take less time than cooking the meatballs in the oven.
What Type of Teriyaki Works Best?
Really you can use any type of teriyaki that you and your family like best. It depends on my mood and how much time I have when making dinner.
I always have a jar of teriyaki sauce on hand, but I will often make my own teriyaki sauce too! If you want to know how to do that I give all the directions in my air fryer teriyaki chicken dinner recipe.
Is Teriyaki Healthy?
While teriyaki isn’t completely healthy, as it does have a bit of salt and sodium in it, it’s definitely not horrible for you. Especially if you make it yourself. That way you reduce the number of preservatives in the teriyaki.
How to Make Teriyaki Meatballs and Broccoli:
Step 1: Prep the Meatballs
Start by placing the frozen meatballs along with the frozen broccoli in the air fryer basket and then place the basket back in the air fryer.
Step 2: Cook the Meatballs
Once the broccoli and meatballs are in the air fryer, turn the air fryer on and let them cook at 350F or 176C and let them cook for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Teriyaki Sauce
When the meatballs have cooked for 5 minutes remove the air fryer basket and drizzle on as much or as little teriyaki sauce as you’d like and then toss it around until the sauce is incorporated.
Then cook it all for another 3-5 minutes at 350F or 167C or until the meatballs are done to your liking.
Now place it all on a plate, adding more teriyaki sauce if you’d like, and serve it with some air fryer rice or your favorite quinoa and enjoy!
Want More Ways to Use Your Air Fryer?
The air fryer is such a versatile kitchen tool that you either love because you have one and use it a lot or will love it once you invest in it! I personally love the Cosori brand of air fryers.
Here are some of my favorite recipes to make in the air fryer:
- Chicken, Cabbage, and Apples Sheet Pan Dinner
- Simple Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in the Air Fryer
- Easy Salmon Air Fryer Sheet Pan Dinner with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies for the Air Fryer or Oven
I think the most significant thing I can say about this recipe is that even though it is super simple, literally 3 ingredients and none of it needs to be fresh, it does not take away from the deliciousness of the dish.
The air fryer brings the flavors of the teriyaki to light and perfectly crisps up the outside of the broccoli and meatballs to provide the perfect texture for this dish.
What other sauces would you try?
Dinner Recipes to Make in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- 15-20 Frozen meatballs
- 1 bag Frozen broccoli
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce
- Place frozen meatballs and frozen broccoli in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer 350 °F for 5 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce to the meatballs, do as much as you would like. Stir around to cover meatballs completely. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until everything is roasted to your liking.
- Enjoy as is or with quinoa or rice. Add more teriyaki sauce if desired.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!