Simple Air Fryer Tuna Melt
Easy Air Fryer Tuna Melt
Summer is here and you don’t need to wonder what to make for lunch or dinner! This easy, simple, and flavorful air fryer tuna melt hits the spot! Plus, you don’t need any more than a handful of ingredients to whip up this recipe in the air fryer!
What do you need to make a tuna melt?
The ingredients are so simple for this recipe! You can make this recipe as special or as simple as you want!
- 12 ounce can of tuna
- 1-2 tablespoon mayo
- Dill Pickle relish or diced pickles, optional
- 4-8 bread slices (any bread of your choice)
- 1-2 Tomato, sliced
- ½ stick of butter
- Cheese slices (of your favorite cheese)
You don’t need to use tomatoes or pickles for this recipe. But they do add a nice flavor to the tuna melt!
You can use any flavor of cheese that you love best. Colby jack, cheddar cheese, and provolone cheese, or Swiss cheese are all great flavors.
Use any bread of choice, or bread substitutes like tortillas or pita bread.
Add any additional ingredients that you love on tuna melts like onions or avocados.
How to make a tuna melt in the air fryer?
This recipe is so simple to make! It only takes five steps to make this air fryer tuna melt!
Step 1: Make the tuna mixture
Combine tuna with the mayo. The amount of mayonnaise depends on how thick or creamy you want your tuna to be.
I also love to add pickle relish or diced pickles to my tuna. But, this is optional if you aren’t a fan of pickles.
Step 2: Butter the bread
Butter each slice of bread. Place the bread butter side down in the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Layer the sandwich
Layer slice of bread with tuna, tomato slices, cheese slices, and then top with another slice of bread with the butter side on the outside.
Step 4: Repeat
Repeat for however many sandwiches you want or can fit in the air fryer basket. I can fit up to 4 sandwiches in my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer.
Step 5: Air fry
Cook in the air fryer for 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C for 5-6 minutes. Make sure to flip the sandwich halfway through, or until bread is browned and cheese is melted to your liking.
Note: if you are using a dual burner air fryer, like the Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer, you don’t need to flip the sandwich halfway through cooking.
What do I do if I have leftover tuna?
If you have leftover tuna, you can store it in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days. This means that you can make a tuna sandwich at anytime!
This recipe is seriously so great because it is so quick and easy!
This classic tuna melt in the air fryer is the best recipe if you need an easy dinner or lunch! This is a great recipe for kids during the summer because they can easily help you make this recipe!
Share with us in the comments below what you love about this recipe!
More easy air fryer sandwich recipes you will love this summer
- How to Make an Air Fryer Breakfast Sandwich
- Can a Sandwich Be Air Fried? Easy Air Fried PB&J Recipe
- Grilled Bacon, Avocado, Tomato Cheese Sandwich in the Air Fryer
- Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls and Pizza Snails
Get more easy air fryer recipes in my Air Fryer Cookbook
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- How to Reheat Leftovers in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Tuna Melt
- 12 ounce can of tuna fish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- dill pickle relish or diced dill pickles
- 4-8 slices bread of your favorite bread; amount of bread depends on how many sandwiches you want to make
- 1-2 tomatoes sliced
- ½ stick butter or however much you need to butter one side of each bread slice
- 2-4 cheese slices your favorite flavor. Colby jack, Cheddar cheese, Provolone cheese, or Swiss cheese are all great options.
- Combine the tuna with the mayo. The amount of mayo depends on how thick or creamy you want your tuna. Optional, add pickle relish or diced pickles to tuna mixture.
- Butter each slice of bread. Place two to four slices of bread, butter side down, in the air fryer basket.
- Layer each slice of bread with tuna, tomato slices, cheese slices, and then top with another slice of bread with the butter side on the outside.
- Cook in the air fryer for 350 °F for 5-6 minutes, or until bread is browned and cheese is melted to your liking. Be sure to flip at the halfway point to make each side evenly cooked.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: Recipe This