4 Ingredient Crescent Roll Meatball Dinner Recipe in the Air Fryer
Crescent Roll Meatballs are a Simple and Easy Air Fryer Dinner Recipe
If you are looking for a simple, easy, and inexpensive dinner that you can make in 30 minutes or less, you’ve come to the right place! Today’s incredibly tasty fried meatballs recipe is perfect for a quick, delicious, and wonderful air fryer meal!
Keep reading to learn how to make crescent roll meatballs in your air fryer with less than 5 ingredients!
I love this simple 4 ingredient air fryer recipe. It makes the perfect afternoon snack or dinner if you pair it with a hearty salad or some fresh fruit. To make air fryer fried meatballs, you will need:
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – optional
- 9-12 Italian style frozen meatballs – this depends on the size of your meatballs and crescent roll dough.
- Marinara sauce (for dipping)
This recipe is super adaptable! Check out a few of these substitution suggestions you may enjoy.
Crescent roll dough substitution
I like to use a prepackaged crescent roll dough for this recipe, like Pillsbury dough. I have yet to try it with a homemade crescent roll dough. But here is a homemade crescent roll dough recipe I found, if you would like to try it.
These meatballs might also be tasty with some Rhodes rolls dough or biscuit dough.
You don’t have to use Italian style meatballs, use your favorite kind of meatballs. You can also make homemade meatballs if you prefer.
Mozzarella cheese substitution
Substitute the mozzarella cheese with your favorite cheese flavor. I imagine that these meatballs will taste great with provolone, swiss cheese, or cheddar cheese (for more of a philly cheese steak flavor).
How to Make Fried Meatballs in the Air Fryer
This recipe is just as simple it is to make as its ingredients. Just follow this instructions and tips to make Crescent Roll Meatballs in your air fryer.
Step 1. Open the Crescent Roll Dough
Place your dough on a flat surface and roll it out.
Step 2. Place the meatballs
I like to place the meatballs on the dough before cutting the dough. This way, I know how big the dough squares need to be. Depending on the size of your meatballs and how thick you like your dough to be, you can place anywhere from 9-12 meatballs!
Step 3. Form the meatballs
Cut the crescent roll dough into squares. Remove the meatballs and add a layer of cheese, if desired. You can place as much cheese as you want.
Place the meatballs on top of the cheese. Then, wrap the dough around the meatballs. Make sure everything is completely covered.
Step 4. Air fry
Because the dough already contains oil, you don’t need any additional oil for this recipe.
Place the wrapped meatballs in the air fryer basket. Close the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 320 degrees Fahrenheit or 160 degrees Celsius, or until the dough is golden brown to your liking.
Step 5. Enjoy!
Enjoy these delicious and simple air fryer meatballs with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce or pasta such as alfredo or white sauce, pesto sauce, or a philly cheesesteak sauce.
The best fried meatballs recipe
I wanted to take a side step away from this crescent roll meatball recipe a share a little bit about the best way to cook frozen meatballs. I’ve found that the best way to cook meatballs are in the air fryer. Air fried meatballs are perfectly crispy and juicy. It beats the stovetop or baking them in the oven.
If you want to cook just meatballs (no dough) in the air fryer (from frozen), place the meatballs in the air fryer basket and cook for about 5 minutes at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees C, or until the insides of the meatballs register 165 degrees F or 74 degrees C with an instant read food thermometer.
Air fried meatballs are tasty, delicious, and are the easiest air fryer dinner or air fryer snack that you can enjoy! You will love this recipe because it is inexpensive, incredibly easy to make, and so delightful!
Share with us in the comments below what you love about this recipe!
More easy air fryer recipes with crescent roll dough
- Easy Homemade Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer
- 10 minute Taco Bomb Recipe
- Lasagna Cups for the Air Fryer
Get more tasty and easy air fryer recipes in !
Air fryer tips and tricks to help you become a pro!
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Crescent Roll Meatballs Recipe
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese optional
- 9-12 Italian style frozen meatballs
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Lay out the crescent roll dough on a flat surface.
- Place anywhere from 9-12 meatballs on the dough, this depends on how big your meatballs are.
- Cut the dough with a pizza cutter into squares, around the meatballs.
- Place a layer of cheese (as much as you want) on each square of cheese.
- Completely wrap and cover the meatballs with the dough.
- Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 320°F/160°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy with marinara sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce.