Air Fryer Cheeseburger Crunch Wrap
Can you make a cheeseburger in the air fryer?
A crunchy tortilla, classic cheeseburger ingredients, and an air fryer are all you need to make this deliciously simple cheeseburger alternative in your air fryer in 30 minutes.
I am excited to share with you one of my favorite cheeseburger recipes and how you can make it extra crunchy in the air fryer. Keep reading to learn how!
Not a fan of a crunch wrap? You can still make this homemade cheeseburger recipe and enjoy it with buns.
Cheeseburger crunch wrap recipe ingredients
I like to make homemade hamburgers or cheeseburgers for this recipe. Here are the ingredients you need for a classic burger recipe. These ingredient amounts will make two hamburger patties.
- ½ lb ground turkey or ground beef
- ⅛ cup panko
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
Of course, you will want some toppings, here are a few of my favorites:
- 2 burrito sized tortillas
- Cheese slices – any of your favorite cheese flavors (cheddar cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, feta cheese, or provolone cheese are a few of my favorites).
- Lettuce (or spinach) – lettuce can be from a head of lettuce or shredded lettuce.
- Onions- I sautéed mine with the patties during the last couple minutes of cooking (sautéing optional)
- Any of your other favorite burger add-ons (for example, bacon, red onions, avocado slices,
How to make a burger in the air fryer?
First, you need to cook the hamburger patty. It is so easy to make a burger in the air fryer. Here’s how:
1. Combine the ground beef with the other hamburger ingredients. Then, form two patties with the meat mixture.
2. Cook the patties in a preheated air fryer for 4 minutes at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees Celsius. Flip the patties and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F or 71 degrees Celsius.
How do you make a tortilla wrap?
This recipe is so awesome because it tastes healthier because the cheeseburger is wrapped in a tortilla and not a between two hamburger buns.
To make a tortilla wrap, first – while your hamburger patties are cooking – prepare all your ingredients that you want to put inside your cheeseburger. You can use any of your favorite hamburger toppings, as long as the tortilla will still close shut.
Then, place one hamburger patty in the middle of a burrito size tortilla. Add the cheese, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and onions on top of the patty.
How to Fold a Crunch Wrap
Fold the tortilla sides over each other, in the center of the wrap, to make a crunch wrap.
- Take one edge of the tortilla and fold it to the center of the hamburger.
- Move over about one to two inches and take that side and fold it to the middle.
- Keep repeating this until the tortilla is folded in a pinwheel style.
Cheeseburger Crunch Wrap instructions for the Air Fryer
The cheeseburger crunch wrap can be perfectly fried and crunchy thanks to the air fryer. To do this, spray the air fryer basket with olive oil or avocado oil and place the folded side down in the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the top of the tortilla with a little oil from your oil sprayer. This is optional, the crunch wrap will still get crunchy if you don’t.
Cook at 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C for 5-6 min, or until crunchy to liking. Use a spatula to flip at the halfway point, this ensures even cooking on both sides of the crunch wrap.
Remove the crunch wraps from the air fryer basket. Let them cool slightly before eating. They will be hot!
Enjoy as is, or with any of your favorite condiments such as ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, or fry sauce.
You may also enjoy this cheeseburger crunch wrap with air fryer French fries, fresh fruit, chips, corn on the cob, or a different side of your choice! See a few of my favorites for inspiration.
This recipe is so simple and delicious. I love that it tastes crunchier than a typical cheeseburger. And, it is probably healthier too. I also love how simple it is to make hamburger patties in the air fryer. This recipe is just great if you are looking for a quick, tasty, healthier, and grilled dinner idea in the air fryer!
Share with us in the comment section what you like about this recipe!
More air fryer recipes that you’ll love!
- Taco Bell Dorito Crunch Wrap Recipe
- 30 Minute Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Simple Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in the Air Fryer
- Cowboy Casserole Dinner in the Air Fryer
- Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks!
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Get more of my favorite recipes in my Yummy Air Fryer Recipes Cookbook!
Cheeseburger Crunch wrap (Air Fryer Instructions)
Hamburger Patties (Makes 2 Patties)
- ½ pound ground turkey or ground beef
- ⅛ cup panko
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 sprinkle black pepper
Cheeseburger Crunch Wrap Toppings and Ingredients
- 2 burrito size tortillas
- cheese slices of favorite cheese
- Lettuce or spinach
- onions I sautéed mine with the patties during the last couple minutes of cooking- this is optional
- any of your other favorite burger add ons
Make the Hamburger Patties
- Combine the ground turkey with the other hamburger patty ingredients ingredients. Then, form two patties.
- Cook in a preheated air fryer for 4 minutes at 380 °F. Flip the patties and cook for an additional 4-6 min more, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 °F.
Make the Crunchwrap
- Have all your topping ingredients cut, sliced, and ready to use before you assemble your crunch wrap.
- Place one hamburger patty in the middle of a burrito size tortilla.
- Add the cheese, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and onions on top of the patty.
- Fold the tortilla sides over each other to make a crunch wrap. Take one edge of the tortilla and fold it to the center of the hamburger, move over about two inches and take that side and fold it to the middle. Keep repeating this until the tortilla is folded in a pinwheel style.
- Spray the air fryer basket and place the folded side down of the crunch wrap in the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the top of the tortilla with a little oil (optional).
- Cook at 400 °F for 5-6 min, or until crunchy to liking. Flip at the halfway point.
Recipe Adapted From: Skinny Taste
Comments & Reviews
Don’t the additional 5-6 minutes for the tortilla grossly overcook the burger?
I want to adapt this for fish tacos but I’m afraid I’d be eating a bicycle tire at the end.
(I’m a new user…still feeling my way around the air fryer — and very grateful for your YouTube channel & all the info you provide – thanks!)
There is only one problem with the crunch wrap….you forgot the crunch! what makes a crunch wrap a
crunch wrap is the round crunchy tortilla they put inside. When I make them I usually just add a few tortilla chips to the inside. only gave 4 stars because you forgot the crunch! lol
The point is to make this recipe low-carb as possible.
Thanks for the recipe especially since I just nabbed an Air Fryer.
Thanks for the review, Daniel!