Balsamic Beef Kebabs Recipe
The best balsamic beef kebabs!
These balsamic beef kebabs have been a family favorite for years now! One of my many favorite kebab recipes. Bite-size, flavorful morsels straight off the grill! The balsamic marinade flavor is right on point and the steak is tender. These beef kebabs are sure to please!
The balsamic vinegar and Dijon give it a bit of tang and the crushed red pepper, rosemary, and garlic round it out. It doesn’t end up being spicy at all, even with the red pepper in there. And the beef is so tender! You really need to try this recipe!
Beef can be a bit spendy, but these beef kebabs are worth it. Next time you find a sirloin roast or something similar on sale, snag it and freeze it for the next time you can make this recipe.
I used a sirloin roast here, but you could use well-marbled steak tips as well. This marinade is great with chicken too! Maybe go for half of the marinade for beef and half for chicken. With the chicken, you may need to adjust the cooking time to be sure that the chicken is cooked through. (Note that the balsamic vinegar will make the chicken darker in color.)
How to cut an onion for a kebab:
- Peel the onion, trim off stem and root ends, then cut onion into quarters.
- Pull onion apart into sections that are three layers thick.
- Cut each section into 1-inch pieces.
- Skewer the onion through center of each piece.
FYI – I used a little under 3 pounds of sirloin roast and I ended up with eight 14-inch skewers of deliciousness. My husband and I easily enjoy a full skewer each. (These are my favorite skewers. Love them!)
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our recipe email.
See more of our favorite BBQ recipes!
Balsamic Beef Kebabs Recipe
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 to 3 pounds sirloin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into squares (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Measure out 1/3 cup of the mixture and set aside for basting later.
- Add the rosemary to the bulk portion of the marinade. Pour it into a large resealable bag and add the meat. Press out extra air, seal, and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in cool water for 20 minutes. If using red onion, start with red onion on each skewer, then fill most of the skewer with meat, and finish it off with red onion.
- Whisk the reserved basting sauce to recombine. Grill the kebabs, turning every 2 minutes or so and basting with the sauce, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer kebabs to a plate, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
Recipe Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe