7 Easy and Fun Fall Crafts to Make With Real Leaves
During the fall season, leaves are abundant! There are so many great DIY crafts you can make with them as soon as those leaves start falling from the trees! Using colorful leaves is a simple and easy way to celebrate the turn of the season!
Plus, what’s more affordable than something literally sitting on the ground in your backyard? Grab a basket and head outside to gather some leaves, then bring them in to give some of these crafting projects a try! Mother Nature has done a fantastic job supplying us with a bountiful amount of leaves this fall, so now is a great time to put them to use!
Here are some excellent fall DIY craft ideas that all utilize real leaves! While you could use faux leaves for some of these in a pinch, they do work better with real leaves! Hopefully, you can gather inspiration from at least a few ideas on this list or save a few to try at home!
1. How to Preserve Real Fall Leaves
If you are looking to make crafts or DIY projects with leaves, you’ll probably need to preserve them first! This guide shows you how to preserve your fall leaves easily so they’ll last a lifetime!
2. DIY Pressed Flower Leaf Coasters
These beautiful fall leaf coasters would make a great fall decor piece in your home, or a nice coaster for your table during the fall months!
- 4×4 cut glass squares or circles
- Dried & pressed leaves
- Copper foil tape
- soldering iron
- double sided tape or glue dots
- small paint brush
- binder clip or jewerler’s third arm
3. Leaf Fall People Craft
This is a fun and creative craft that your kids will love! Using leaves, a marker, and some googly eyes, your kids can make their own leaf people to play with.
- Real leaves
- Googly eyes with adhesive backing
- Black marker
4. DIY Table Runner with real Fall Leaves
If you’re looking for a natural yet beautiful fall tablescape, you can’t go wrong with this homemade table runner! The leaves are real leaves, which is a great way to incorporate fall foliage into your home!
5. Real Fall Leaves Door Wreath
Use preserved leaves to make your own unique fall wreath! Not only is this a completely free DIY to make (or a few dollars if you have no supplies at home), but it’s also eco-friendly!
- Fall leaves (60-70 fresh leaves for a 16” wreath)
- Cardboard or heavy duty cardstock to make a wreath form
- Stapler and staples
- Craft glue or glue gun
- Parchment paper
6. DIY Leaf Prints
This easy DIY leaf project is perfect for little kids and an excellent option for a frugal yet fun fall craft for your kiddos. In five minutes, you’ll have a fun design that you can hang in your home for the fall season.
- A rubber brayer or a wooden rolling pin.
- Paper towel, scrap paper, or plastic sheets for the printing process.
- Paint brushes, and a palette or anything you can mix paints on.
7. Stunning Fall Candle Holder with Real Leaves
Make your own beautiful fall candle using this tutorial! This is a great way to upcycle your old vase and use real leaves to create a fabulous fall DIY for your home.
If you are looking for a great frugal craft that requires very little materials, you can’t go wrong with any of these seven crafts. Fall leaves are a great crafting material to use in your fall crafts to add some fall colors without going out to buy a lot of expensive decor items.
If you’re looking for more fall DIYs, check out these posts:
- 7 of the Greatest Mason Jar Crafts to Make This Fall
- 10 of the Easiest DIY Fall and Pumpkin Decoration Ideas
- 9 Frugal and Easy DIY Fall Wreaths That Will Transform Your Home this Fall
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again