S’mores Cookie Bars Recipe
Delicious S’mores in cookie bar form!
Mmm. Soft, buttery, graham cracker-flavored cookie bars with smooth chocolate and gooey marshmallow layered throughout.
Just as with the S’mores cookie cups, I think these S’mores cookie bars are even better than your average s’more. No fire needed. Plus, these bars are easy to make and serve to large groups or give to friends. Gotta love cookie bars!
Do not substitute marshmallows for the marshmallow creme! The marshmallows will basically melt and disappear in the oven, while the creme stays perfectly soft and gooey.
Don’t worry, if you’re not familiar with marshmallow creme, you can easily find it right by the marshmallows. These cookie bars are totally worth it! Trust me.
Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of a foil-lined 9×13 pan, then layer on the marshmallow creme and then the chocolate chips. I decided to use milk chocolate chips to stay true to traditional s’mores flavor, but you can use whatever kind you like. (Guittard milk chocolate chips are the best!)
Top it all off with the rest of the cookie dough in clumps. Bake it up and enjoy! Such an easy and delicious treat!
More of our favorite s’mores recipes:
- S’mores Brownies
- S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Indoor S’mores
- Gooey S’mores Treats
- Chocolate Cake S’mores Cookies
- S’mores Bark
- Valentine Smores
- S’mores Cookie Cups
More of my favorite bar recipes:
- Blueberry Sour Cream Bars
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Key Lime Bars
- Orange Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Date Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Bars with Lime
S’mores Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups marshmallow topping, Marshmallow Fluff or Creme (about 7 ounces)
- 2 cups milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9X13-inch pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the 2 short sides. Grease the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the dough in half. Press half into the bottom of the prepared pan until the dough is evenly flattened.
- Dollop the marshmallow topping on top of the cookie base and gently spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Scatter the remaining dough over the top in clumps. Don’t worry about completely covering the top.
- Bake the bars until golden brown, about 30-32 minutes. Cool completely. Remove from the pan with the foil, cut into bars, and serve.