5-Ingredient Air Fryer Zucchini Boats | Easy Low-Carb Air Fryer Dinner
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Boats
I love making vegetables in the air fryer! It is quick, easy, and tastes so good. Today, I am so excited to share with you how to take your vegetables to the next level with this delicious and easy zucchini boat recipe in the air fryer! You are going to love this recipe because you only need about 5 ingredients to make this simple and healthy air fryer recipe!
How to Prepare Zucchini Boats for the Air Fryer
This recipe was featured in one of my latest air fryer videos on YouTube where I share four easy 5 ingredient recipes! And, for this simple air fryer recipe, you will need:
- 1 pound ground beef/turkey
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz of marinara sauce
- 2 medium zucchini
- parmesan cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Okay, so there are two ingredients more than just 5 ingredients, but you will be surprised with how easy it is to make zucchini boats in the air fryer! Plus, this is a great recipe to make if you have leftover meat marinara sauce. It will cut your cooking time in half!
What Goes Inside A Zucchini Boat?
Prepare the meat marinara sauce that will go inside the zucchini boats by browning your meat with the onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Once cooked, add the marinara sauce. Like I mentioned, you can totally forgo this step if you have leftover sauce.
Also, feel free to add more or different seasonings to your marinara sauce. Add fresh garlic or garlic powder, fresh basil, oregano, or thyme!
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Boats
Prepare the zucchini by cutting in half lengthwise and scooping out the seeds. Pat dry any excess water and mist with oil and S&P. I love using this Mistifi oil sprayer.
Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 380˚F/192˚C for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
Pro Tip for Cooking Zucchini in the Air Fryer
Since every air fryer make and model is different, and the size of your zucchini will be different than mine. Check on your zucchini after 5 minutes of cooking, and adjust the cooking time as needed. Once your zucchini is tender (you can check this by poking it with a fork), it is ready for the meat marinara sauce.
Finish with the Meat Marinara Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
Remove any excess moisture with a paper towel, add the meat marinara sauce to the zucchini boats, and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Finish cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
I love how incredibly easy this recipe is to make! This air fryer recipe is nice, low-carb option. And let’s not forget to mention how tasty the zucchini is! Now that zucchini season is coming in full swing, you can bet that this will be a staple in our home this summer!
Share with us what you loved about this recipe!
More easy and simple air fryer recipes
- Taco Foldover Quesadilla
- Go-To Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Rub in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pepperoni Stromboli
- Easy Asian Beef and Veggies in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips, tricks, and everything else you need to know
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download: Top 18 Air Fryer Tips and get air fryer recipes delivered to your inbox every weekend!
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Air Fryer Zucchini Boats
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ onion diced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz marinara sauce
- 2 medium zucchini
- parmesan cheese or other favorite cheese
- Make the marinara meat sauce that will go inside the zucchini boats by browning the ground beef. Add the onion, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and marinara sauce.
- Take the zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Pat the inside dry with a paper towel. Lightly mist with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the zucchini in the air fryer basket and cook at 380°F/190°C for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. The cooking time will depend greatly on the size of your zucchini and how cooked through you want it to be. Check on the zucchini after 5 minutes and adjust as needed. Once your zucchini reaches its desired tenderness, pat dry any excess moisture from the zucchini, add the marinara meat sauce, sprinkle on parmesan cheese, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Recipe adapt from: Julia Pacheco