4 Ingredient Stuffed Sweet Potato
Unfortunately, I was not introduced to the sweet potato until later in life, but I will never go back! I love that you can make a sweet potato as a delicious side dish or part of an entree like this stuffed sweet potato recipe.
It is such a great option when you are looking for a simple and healthy recipe, without compromising on flavor. Not to mention, you can make all of this deliciousness all right in the air fryer.
4 Ingredients You Need for This Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe:
- White sweet potato, regular sweet potato
- Chicken breast (raw)
- Frozen broccoli
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning (optional)
Season it How You Want!
What is super awesome about this recipe is you can make the chicken however you want! While the recipe will tell you to season the chicken with Italian seasoning, you don’t have to stick to just that.
Seasonings to Try:
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon pepper
- Montreal chicken seasoning
- Garlic salt
- All-purpose chicken seasoning (make it up and save the rest for later!)
Do I Need to Use Cooked Chicken?
For this recipe, you do not need to have the cooking pre-cooked! What is nice about this stuffed sweet potato recipe is that you can cook it all together and skip doing separate cooking steps.
Can I Use a Different Type of Potato?
While I love this recipe with the sweet potato, that doesn’t mean everyone will, so yes you can change out the potato. I would suggest using either a russet potato or a Yukon gold potato for this recipe instead.
How to Make 4 Ingredient Stuffed Sweet Potato:
Step 1: Prepare the Sweet Potato and Chicken
Before you air fry everything together, stab the sweet potato all over with a fork. Then place the sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes.
Now, get the chicken breast out and chop it into bite-sized pieces and then season the chicken with Italian seasoning if you’d like! If not, salt and pepper will work as well.
Step 2: Load the Air Fryer
Now place the pre-cooked sweet potato into the air fryer basket, along with the seasoning chicken trying to space it out a bit so it is not in one big clump.
Now add the frozen broccoli in the space remaining and then spray all of the ingredients with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 3: Cook Dinner
Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and set it for 10-13 minutes at 370F or 187C or until the potato is crispy, broccoli is roasted, and chicken is cooked all the way through.
I would check the food at the 5-minute mark, and 10-minute mark, and then go from there. You may want to remove the broccoli early if it seems to get done quicker.
Step 4: Stuff the Sweet Potato
When everything is done cooking in the air fryer, remove the basket and move the ingredients to a large plate to stuff the sweet potato.
Slice the sweet potato in half and then top it with the roasted broccoli, and cooked chicken, and place the sweet potato back into the air fryer basket.
Sprinkle the sweet potato with some mozzarella cheese and then push the basket back into the air fryer. Just let the basket sit in the warm air fryer for a few minutes just to let the cheese melt. Then just remove the sweet potato and enjoy!
Additional Sides to Serve
If you feel like you will want more sides to serve with this stuffed sweet potato recipe, then let me give you a few suggestions that would be delicious!
Tasty Sides For Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer!
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Maple Syrup
- Air Fryer Zucchini Tomato Corn Salad
- Korean Fried Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
Notes For this Recipe:
You might not be able to fit everything into the sweet potato so you can easily turn this into a two-person meal and make two potatoes, have chicken and broccoli for leftovers, or even just serve the leftover chicken and broccoli on the side.
You could also scrape out some of the insides of the sweet potato to turn it more into a boat and have extra room for the chicken and broccoli.
If you want to save it for leftovers, then simply store it in the fridge and then warm it up in your air fryer (I love using my Cosori 5.8QT air fryer), and then enjoy!
Stuffed sweet potato with chicken and broccoli is such a simple recipe that you can make any night of the week in less than 30 minutes and still eat a scrumptious but healthy meal. The sweet potato is a great way to satisfy those sweet cravings without going overboard on sugar.
Quick and Easy Desserts to Serve with Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Air Fryer Donuts + Donut Holes with a Sweet Glaze
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Air Fryer Molten Lava Cake
- Easiest Air Fryer Fried Oreos
- How to Make Air Fryer S’mores
- Gooey Mini S’mores Pies in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
4 Ingredient Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 White sweet potato, regular sweet potato, or potato
- 1 Chicken breast
- ½ cup Frozen broccoli More or less depending on how much you'd like
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Stab the sweet potato with a fork several times. Then place it in the microwave and precook it for 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Season the chicken with Italian seasoning.
- Place the sweet potato in the air fryer basket. Add the chicken. Don’t place chicken in a clump, but they don’t need to be in a single layer, it is okay if they are touching.
- Add the broccoli to the air fryer basket in any remaining space. Spray everything with some oil.
- Air fry at 370 °F for 10-13 minutes, or until potato is crispy and cooked to your liking, broccoli is roasted, and chicken fully cooked. Check on food at halfway point and the 10 minute mark. Add any additional time as needed and pull out any of the foods as needed.
- Once everything is cooked, cut open the potato, add some of the chicken and broccoli to the inside of the potato. Place it back in the air fryer basket.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, to your taste. Shut the air fryer basket and let the stuffed potato sit in the warm air fryer for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted to your liking.
Recipe Adapted From: Oh Sweet Basil