Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
We love this low carb egg roll in a bowl recipe!
I love how quick and easy it is to make egg roll in a bowl and we all love how delicious it tastes. An easy dinner recipe that can be ready in less than 30 minutes! Plus, it is a low carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly recipe.
Sesame oil adds great flavor to Asian-inspired dishes like this egg roll in a bowl. I keep sesame oil on hand anyway because I love it in this Honey Sesame Chicken recipe or a stir-fry. But if you’re in a pinch, you can substitute a different cooking oil.
One tablespoon of Sriracha was a little too spicy for us. Still delicious, but most in my fam are toward the very mild end of the spectrum when it comes to spicy food. 😉 The Sriracha is still great in there for the flavor, but it is up to you to decide if you’ll omit it all together, add just a little bit, or add more.
This egg roll in a bowl recipe is pretty simple, but not so simple that you miss out on any flavor. I am super impressed with the ease and speed at which it comes together. And the fact that my husband and kids all really like it is a big deal. I have a particularly picky one in the bunch. We will definitely be making Egg Roll in a Bowl regularly around here!
Would you like to see more of our favorite recipes?
Subscribe to our recipe email.
A few of my favorite tools that I use for this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe are the Zyliss Silicone Stir Fry Spatula and T-Fal Skillet. The spatula is perfect for stir-fry and browning ground meat. I got mine back in 2014 and it is still the one I always reach for!
The skillet is great quality, nonstick, and oven safe. I have the T-fal Professional Total Nonstick Fry Pan and the T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Titanium Nonstick Cookware with Lid. Love both, but I use the Ultimate one more often because it has a lid. Using it since 2015 and still in great condition!
See more low carb and keto recipes.
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha or garlic chili sauce (more or less to taste)
- 14 ounce coleslaw mix (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Saute until onion is softened and garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pork, ginger, salt, pepper, and Sriracha. Saute until pork is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Saute until coleslaw is cooked down and tender, about 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
If desired, substitute ground chicken, turkey, pork, or beef for the ground pork sausage. And feel free to add extra veggies!
Recipe Adapted From: Peace, Love and Low Carb