5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken
I personally love anything that is smothered in salsa, so when I decided to marinate the chicken tenderloins in the salsa verde it bumped this recipe up to the next level! It allows the salsa flavors to meld into the chicken and be brought to life by the air fryer.
What is nice about this recipe is that you can eat the chicken in different ways! Don’t worry give some tasty examples later, but trust me, this simple dinner will knock your tastebuds right out of the park.
5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Ingredients and Supplies:
- Chicken tenderloins
- Jar of salsa verde
- Monterey jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Tomato, diced
- Air fryer
- Ziplock bag
- Parchment paper or air fryer safe dish
- Cutting board and knife
When you are making saucier things in the air fryer it can definitely cause a bit of a mess, which is why I suggest using either parchment paper or an air fryer safe dish to line the inside with to make clean-up much easier! The silicone kitchen reusable silicone air fryer liner is a great option for a recipe like this!
And of course, don’t forget to use your Cosori 5.8QT air fryer or any other air fryer you already have to make this simple dinner dish.
Different Meals In One
For this recipe, you will make the chicken into a delicious chicken tenders dish and serve it with any of your favorite sides, but that does not mean you can’t do more with the chicken either!
Why not give these a try:
- Shred the chicken and make them into tacos
- Chop the chicken and put it over a fresh salad
- Use the chicken in a protein bowl with lots of veggies
- Make a burrito or burrito bowl with the salsa chicken
Does the Chicken Need to be Marinated?
You don’t have to marinate the chicken ahead of time, but I definitely suggest it! I think you will get the best flavor for the chicken that way, plus it will cut down on the cooking time rather than cooking the chicken smothered in the salsa verde.
How Long Do I Need to Marinate the Chicken For?
I would suggest that the chicken is marinated for at least 2 hours to get some good flavors developing. But, the longer the better, you can even have the tenderloins marinade overnight will work if you want to prepare it the night before and be able to just pop it right in the air fryer when you get home from work!
How to Make 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken:
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
Make sure you prepare for this meal in advance. You will want to pat the chicken dry and then put it in a ziplock bag and pour the salsa over top and seal up the bag.
Then place the bag in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Step 2: Fry the Salsa Verde Chicken
Remove the air fryer basket and line it with either parchment paper or an air fryer safe dish.
Then, after the chicken has been able to marinate, remove the chicken from the bag and place it in the prepared air fryer basket.
NOTE: You can add some of the salsa to the chicken now if you wish, but it may add extra cooking time to make sure the chicken is done completely.
Now turn on the air fryer to 380F or 193C for about 10-11 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Finishing Touches
When the chicken has been cooked all the way through and is at a safe internal temperature, open the air fryer basket and top the chicken off with some Monterey jack cheese and tomatoes and then return the air fryer basket back to the air fryer.
Turn the air fryer on at 400F or 204C for about 2 minutes. Or if you are sure that the chicken is done, you can also just place the basket back in the air fryer and let the remaining heat melt the chicken and allow it to rest in the air fryer for about 5 minutes.
Now remove the chicken from the air fryer and garnish the chicken with some more fresh tomatoes and cilantro and enjoy!
Air Fryer – A Great Way to Make Chicken!
If I am being honest, the air fryer has taken over the majority of the cooking in my house! It is such a great way to make dinner, quick, easy, and of course delicious. Have you tried these great chicken dishes in your air fryer yet?
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer with Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- 5 Ingredient Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers (Quick Air Fryer Recipe)
- Simple Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in the Air Fryer
Chicken is such a great ingredient to cook with and is easy to make. It is super versatile and filled with great nutrition for you and the family.
When you make this marinated chicken in the air fryer you will be surprised by the tasty flavor that you can build up in the chicken while marinating it. Plus with the quick cooking time in the air fryer, you will be able to have dinner on the table in no time!
Check Out Just How Versatile Chicken is in the Air Fryer with these Amazing Recipes!
- How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- How To Cook Chicken From Frozen in the Air Fryer
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Dinner
- Easy Air Fryer Dinner Idea: Paprika Chicken with Fries
- The Easiest Sweet and Sour Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
- How to Make Easy Balsamic Honey Chicken with Pantry Staples
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken
- Parchment Paper
- Ziplock bag
- 6-8 Chicken tenderloins
- 15-16 oz Jar salsa verde
- ½ cup Monterey jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tomato
- Pat chicken dry and cover with salsa verde in a dish or Ziploc bag. Let marinade for approx 2 hours.
- Remove chicken strips from marinade and place on parchment paper or an air fryer safe dish.
- Add some of the salsa verde if desired, but it may increase the cooking time.
- Air Fry 380 °F for 10-11 min.
- Top with cheese (and tomatoes if desired) and cook at 400 °F for 2 min (OR if chicken has come to temp, let sit in hot air fryer for 5 min to melt cheese and let chicken rest).
- Let chicken rest.
- Garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
Recipe Adapted From: Kara Creates
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!