The Easiest 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bowl in the Air Fryer
Easy 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bowl Recipe in the Air Fryer
Air fryer breakfast bowl is a tasty and fun recipe that is so easy to make! You only need 5 easy ingredients that you probably already have in your freezer, pantry, or refrigerator! This is a quick and easy breakfast that I love to make with my kids, and they love it because it has a special ingredient of chicken nuggets!
Keep reading to learn how to make a breakfast bowl in the air fryer.
Ingredients for Breakfast Bowl
You only need five ingredients to make this simply, tasty, and savory breakfast. You will need:
- 5-6 favorite chicken nuggets
- About 10 tater tots
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼-½ cup cheddar cheese
Ingredient substitution ideas
The best part about this recipe is that the ingredients are super adaptable. If you need a dairy free option, substitute the milk and cheese with your favorite dairy free substitutes.
If you don’t have tater tots, you can use a different kind of potatoes like hash browns.
You can switch out the chicken nuggets for a different protein like breakfast sausage or bacon.
Ingredient addition ideas
You can also make it more colorful and add vegetables like
- bell peppers
I recommend that you sauté the vegetables before adding them into the breakfast bowl. You can do this on stove-top or in the air fryer.
To sauté vegetables in the air fryer, dice the vegetables into chunks or bite-sized pieces. Then, place in the air fryer and spray a little oil on the vegetables. Close the air fryer basket and cook at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender to liking.
How to sauté vegetables on the stove-top
You can also cook the vegetables on the stove top. This method is great for vegetables like bell peppers and zucchini. Preheat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add a small layer of oil to the skillet as it preheats. Once it has heated, add the vegetables and let them sauté until they are lightly browned on the bottom. This will take two to three minutes. Stir the vegetables and continue to cook until they are soft, tender, and browned to your liking.
What do I Need to Make a Breakfast Bowl?
This breakfast bowl recipe is designed for the air fryer. So you will want an air fryer. I use a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. You can use any air fryer that you have.
You will also need an air fryer safe dish to cook the breakfast bowl in. I used a 7-inch cake barrel that came in my air fryer accessory kit. But, you can use any dish that is oven safe and will fit in your air fryer, such as Pyrex bowl.
Important note about air fryers
It is important to note that all air fryer make and models are different. As such, the cooking time may be slightly different than what I have written. As such, I like to use an instant read thermometer to gauge the doneness my food is during the cooking process.
I have this free internal temperature guide that you can download to help you know what the safe internal temperatures need to be for the foods you can cook in the air fryer.
Can I Make Breakfast in the Air Fryer?
This breakfast bowl is such an easy air fryer breakfast idea. It is great if you have frozen foods that you want to use or even leftovers. To make this recipe, here are a few things you will want to keep in mind.
Tip 1: Cook the chicken nuggets and tater tots first
You can cook the chicken nuggets and tater tots in the air fryer first. And, you can cook them together at the same time. I baked these from frozen in the air fryer. You can cook leftovers from the refrigerator as well, you will want to decrease the time and cook them long enough to be warm.
Spread chicken nuggets and tater tots in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 204 degrees Celsius.
Once the chicken nuggets and tater tots are done, chop them into bite-sized pieces or chunks.
Tip 2: Use a measuring cup
I like to use a 2 cup measuring cup to whisk together the eggs and milk. This makes it easier to pour this mixture into the cake barrel later.
Tip 3: Use an oven safe dish
As previously mentioned, you can use any oven safe dish that will fit in your air fryer to make this breakfast bowl. Depending on the size of your bowl and air fryer, your cooking time may vary that what I have written. Just keep an eye on your food and pull it out whenever the eggs are done to your liking.
Tip 4: Cook in the air fryer
Place the dish in the air fryer basket and start cooking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius for 7 minutes.
Then, stir the contents of the dish around to lightly scramble the eggs. Cook for an additional 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius.
Check the eggs to make sure they are cooked through to your liking. Add any additional time if needed.
Tip 5: Add cheese
Add the cheese to the top of the breakfast bake and cook for an additional minute or two, or until the cheese is melted.
My cheese flies around in the air fryer, what do I do?
If your cheese flies around in the air fryer due to the air flow, you can try placing a small layer of cheese to the top of the bowl and then close the air fryer basket. The air fryer should still be warm, so just keep the contents inside for a couple of minutes and the cheese should melt.
You can enjoy this breakfast with a wide variety of toppings, such as sliced avocado, salsa, sour cream, or tomato.
This breakfast bowl would be tasty with:
Air fryer breakfast bowl is a tasty and quick breakfast idea, especially if you love tater tots and chicken nuggets. This is a great recipe for kids and one you can treat them to celebrate the end of a school year or back to school!
Share with us in the comments below how this breakfast recipe went for you!
- Simple French Toast Roll Ups in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Soft and Hard Boiled Eggs in an Air Fryer
- How to Make a Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
- The Best Overnight Breakfast Casserole in the Air Fryer
- Delicious and Easy Air Fryer Puff Pastry Danishes
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Breakfast Bowl
- 5-6 pieces chicken nuggets your favorite brand
- 10 pieces tater tots your favorite brand or hashbrowns
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Spread chicken nuggets and tater tots in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes at 400°F/204°C. (I cooked mine from frozen. Decrease cooking time if cooking from leftovers from refrigerator).
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup. (I like to use a measuring cup because it is easier to whisk and pour).
- Remove the chicken nuggets and tater tots from the air fryer basket and chop into bite sized pieces or chunks on a cutting board.
- Using an air fryer safe dish, such as a 7-inch air fryer cake barrel dish, place the chicken nuggets and tater tots inside the lightly sprayed dish. Add in the egg mixture and lightly mix together. (I got my cake barrel dish from an air fryer accessory kit. You can use any dish that is oven safe and fits in the air fryer).
- Carefully place the dish in the air fryer basket. Cook for 7 minutes at 350°F/176°C.
- Stir the contents of the dish around to lightly scramble the eggs. Cook for an additional 5 minutes at 350°F/176°C. Check the eggs to make sure they are cooked through to your liking. Add any additional time if needed. (The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the dish you are using).
- Add the cheese to the top of the breakfast bake and cook for an additional minute or two, or until the cheese is melted. (If your cheese blows around in the air fryer, layer the dish with cheese and place it back in the warm air fryer without turning it on. Because the cheese is warm it should melt the cheese after a couple of minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you need a dairy free option, substitute the milk and cheese with your favorite dairy free substitutes.
- If you don't have tater tots, you can use a different kind of potatoes like hash browns.
- You can switch out the chicken nuggets for a different protein like breakfast sausage or bacon.
- bell peppers