Gooey Mini S’mores Pies in the Air Fryer
Can you make desserts in the air fryer?
If you aren’t new to Fabulessly Frugal (or on YouTube), then you already know how much I love dessert in the air fryer. Dessert in the air fryer is perfect if you are looking to serve a small, tasty batch of something sweet and delicious. I have so many air fryer dessert recipes for you to try and fall in love with.
Today, I am excited to share with you one of my new favorite air fryer dessert recipes. This recipe is perfect if you have leftover marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers from camping this summer, or if you want to pick any of these items up on end of summer sales.
Mini S’mores Pie Recipe for the Air Fryer
This tasty dessert has many names, Mini S’more Pies recipe, mini s’mores cake, or s’more cups in the air fryer. However you’d like to call it this recipe is delicious, easy, and so quick to make! Keep reading to learn how you can make a mini pie in the air fryer!
Mini S’mores Cake Ingredients
I love this recipe because of the homemade graham cracker crust. I’ll share a couple of other options you can use for the crust instead. The ingredients are simple for a homemade s’mores pie. You only need 5 ingredients to make a s’mores pie, and you probably already have them all if you’ve been enjoying roasted campfire s’mores all summer! The ingredients you need are:
- 9 large rectangular graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12-16 marshmallows
- 2-3 bars Hershey’s Chocolate
Graham Cracker Crust Substitute
I loooove the graham cracker crust in this recipe, it is one that I use for mini homemade cheesecakes. It is perfectly buttery and crunchy. If you want to try something else, you can purchase Keebler mini graham cracker crusts and adapt the cooking time as needed to make a mini s’mores pie.
Mini S’mores Pie Tools
The recipe is written for a 6 ounce ramekin, so you may need to slightly adjust the cooking time if you are using a different dish.
How do I make a s’mores pie?
Once you have all of your ingredients, it is so easy to make this recipe! That is why it is a hit in our home. It takes less than 20 minutes to make this sweet treat.
Step 1. Make the graham cracker crust
This is my favorite part of the recipe, and it is the most fun! Crush the crackers into crumbs, then combine it with the butter and sugar.
Take a 1/2 cup of the mixture and place it in each ramekin. Then take the bottom of a cup and press it into the mixture to flatten the the graham cracker crumbs into a crust. Then, cook the crust in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 320 degrees F or 160 degrees C, or until the crust is golden brown.
Step 2. Make the pies
Let the graham cracker crust cool for about 5 or so minutes before making the cakes. Then, layer each ramekin with
- 3-4 chocolate squares (depending on how much chocolate you like)
- 3-4 marshmallows (depending on how marshmallowey you’d like your pie to be)
Step 3. Air fry
Air fry the marshmallows hand pies for 4 minutes at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C, or until the marshmallows are golden to your liking.
Note: If your air fryer has a broil function, use the broil setting.
If desired, you can melt remaining chocolate squares with some butter in the microwave. Top the marshmallows with the melted chocolate and additional graham cracker crumbs.
Store Bought Graham Cracker Crust
As mentioned, you can use Keebler mini graham cracker crusts (or a similar product) for the graham cracker crust. When I do this, I like to air fry the crust for about 2 minutes at 370 degrees F or 188 degrees C. Then I add the chocolate and marshmallows and air fry for an additional couple of minutes until everything is roasted to my liking.
Add Peanut Butter
I am a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate, and so I like to buy the and add these instead of the Hershey’s chocolate bars.
Another idea is to take a spoonful of peanut butter and add it with the chocolate squares on top of the graham cracker crust. Or, you can melt some peanut bar with the chocolate to a slight peanut butter finish on the top.
Use crushed Oreos instead of crushed graham crackers for the crust.
How do you like to eat your s’mores? Share with us in the comment section for more ideas for this recipe!
If you know me, then you know I love s’more recipes. I especially love how gooey and easy this recipe is. It is perfect if you have leftover chocolate you want to use, but are not sure how. Or, if you just need a quick and delicious pick me up.
Share with us in the comments what you love about this recipe!
- Fudgy and Perfect Air Fryer Brownies Recipe
- Simple and Easy Maple Bars in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Pop Tarts in the Air Fryer
- Easy Air Fryer Lemon Donuts
A few air fryer tips that are worth your time
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Get my air fryer cookbook for more air fryer inspiration and tips.
Easy Mini S'mores Pies in the Air Fryer
- 4 ramekins (6 ounce ramekins)
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 large rectangular graham crackers crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
Mini S'mores Pie
- 12-16 Marshmallows large. Although mini marshmallows will also work, you will just need more.
- 2-3 bars Hershey's chocolate or chocolate bar of your choice
- 4 ramekins I used 6 ounce ramekins. You can use a different size, cooking time may vary.
- Make the graham cracker crust. Crush the graham crackers in a Ziplock bag (or however you like to best crush graham crackers). Mix together the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and melted butter in a small bowl until combined.
Layer the ramekins
- The amount of graham cracker crust is enough to fill 4, 6 ounce ramekins with about ½ cup of graham cracker crumbs each. You can use less graham cracker crumbs if you personally like a thinner crust. The following instructions are if you are using about ½ cup of graham cracker for each ramekin.
- Place about ½ cup of the mixture into a ramekin (4 ramekins total). Using the bottom of a small cup, press down on the crust until flat.
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes at 320°F/160°C, or until the crust is golden brown. (If your ramekins are about ¼ cup full, cook for about 5 minutes at 320°F/160°C).
- Remove the ramekins from the air fryer basket and let the cooked graham cracker crust ramekins sit for about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add 3-4 chocolate squares to each ramekin (depending how chocolatey you like your smores).
- Then add 3-4 marshmallows (depending how marshmallow-y you like your smores).
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes at 350°F/175°C, or until marshmallows are golden brown to your liking.
- While the marshmallows cook, take about ½-1 bar of chocolate and melt with about ½-1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir together until you have a chocolate sauce. (Optional).
- Remove the ramekins from the air fryer. Drizzle melted chocolate on the top. If you have leftover graham cracker crumbs, top with crumbs.
- Let cool slightly before eating!