How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer!
Oh, bacon. So delicious at any time of year and any time of day. We’ve experimented with all sorts of ways to cook bacon, like how to cook bacon in the microwave and how to cook bacon in the oven. Now we have perfected how to cook bacon in an air fryer!
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
Say hello to another super easy way to get perfectly cooked bacon – air fryer bacon. It is basically as simple as placing the bacon in the air fryer and cooking for 10 minutes. No flipping needed. No worries about grease splattering all over the stove top.
We have a few tips to help you air fry bacon to perfection…
Tips for Cooking Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Use bread to help minimize air fryer smoking.
- Cut bacon in half crosswise to help it fit better in the air fryer.
- Cook at 350°F. If you go hotter, your air fryer will probably smoke more during the cooking.
- Check bacon halfway through cooking and often toward the end of cooking time.
How Long to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
In my air fryer and with thick cut bacon, 10 minutes is perfect for me. I like it a little crispy, but not too crispy. Go about 30 seconds or a minute less if you like it more chewy or a little longer if you like it more well done. I recommend checking the bacon often toward the end of cooking time because it may vary depending on your air fryer and the thickness of the bacon you use.
How to Reduce the Air Fryer Smoking
Cooking bacon in the air fryer does cause the air fryer to smoke a bit. I’ve had many encounters with the smoke alarm in my kitchen while testing out cooking bacon in the air fryer. The bread tip works though!
Use 1 or 2 slices bread. If you don’t eat the ends of the loaf, those pieces would be perfect to use for this. Rip the bread into 4 large pieces total. Place the pieces of bread under the air fryer basket and leave them there while cooking bacon in the air fryer. The bread soaks up some of that grease and greatly reduces the smoking.
You will probably still have some smoke coming from the air fryer, but it is usually not enough to set off the smoke alarm. And it does not seem to be a problem for the air fryer. Thank goodness.
Enjoy Your Air Fryer Bacon!
I always enjoy bacon as is or on a sandwich, pizza, or burger, but it is also delicious in so many other recipes! How about putting bacon on a donut with maple glaze? I’m a fan. Buy a maple bar from the store and add bacon, or make these delicious air fryer donuts or bake up some donut muffins and sprinkle cooked bacon crumbles over top while the glaze is fresh. Yum!
Here are some more of our favorite recipes to put that bacon to good use:
- Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- Pea Salad
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower with Bacon
- Keto Bacon Ranch Chicken
- BBQ Bacon Meatballs
- Easy Cheesy Bacon Dip
- Brunchy Bacon Strangewich
Check out more of our favorite air fryer recipes!
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer!
- 1 or 2 slices bread
- 4 slices bacon
- Rip the bread slices into 4 total large pieces and place them under the air fryer basket to help soak up some of the grease.
- Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise. This helps the pieces fit in your air fryer better. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. It is ok to overlap slightly because they shrink while cooking.
- Cook at 350°F for about 10 minutes. Check halfway through cooking time to see if any pieces need to be repositioned. Check the bacon often in the last few minutes in order to cook the bacon to your desired doneness. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and your bacon.