Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Chocolate Treats
When you are looking for a simple treat, this Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Chocolate Treats recipe is exactly what you need.
Two flavors that pair perfectly together and can be made into a nice little snack in only a few minutes.
You can make as much as you want if you want to double the batch and freeze some or just make one or two for when you are craving it.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Chocolate Treats:
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
What kind of coconut to use
When making these healthy coconut treats, as long as you are using coconut flakes, you can choose your preference.
If you want to keep on the healthier track, choose unsweetened coconut flakes, or if you’re not too worried about it, use the sweetened ones. Either way, it will taste great.
Types of chocolate chips
For this recipe, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips but that is not your only option.
You can use semi-sweet too or you can try using milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate if you want. Just depends on your personal preference.
How to make Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Chocolate Treats:
Step 1: Mix ingredients
Begin by mixing the chocolate chip and coconut flake ingredients together in a bowl.
Step 2: Prep and Cook
Now, add a sheet of tin foil to the bottom of the air fryer basket. (If you don’t like cooking with tin foil you can also use parchment paper without holes).
Then, place the coconut and chocolate chip mixture in a single layer on top of the tin foil.
Once the coconut mixture is set, air fry them for 3 minutes at 300 degrees F or 149 degrees C.
Step 3: Second bake
With a silicone spatula, gently mix the chocolate chips into the toasted coconut. You can add more chocolate chips if desired too(if you like more chocolate than coconut).
Then brush the mixture back out into a single layer and air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Cool the coconut treats
Carefully remove the tin foil sheet from the air fryer basket and mix the coconut and chocolate together again.
Let the mixture cool slightly. Then, form into three or four balls.
The chocolate and coconut won’t stick together super well so do your best here. I keep the mixture on the tin foil and just kinda mesh them together.
Then place the balls (I keep mine on the tin foil) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until hardened. Remove and enjoy!
More ways to shape the coconut treats:
Alternatively, you can help form the balls by placing them in cupcake liners or mini cupcake liners and then placing them in the freezer.
You can also place them in the fridge for an hour or so until harden.
Tasty desserts to make
This coconut treat is not the only simple dessert you can make in the air fryer. Look below and give these easy recipes a try too!
Dessert recipe for the air fryer:
- Mini Dutch Babies (German Pancakes)
- Air Fryer Lemon Cookies
- Air Fryer Nutella Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Lava Cakes
For a quick cookie fix, this will definitely do in a pinch. It is not super soft so it won’t replace a soft chewy cookie. But the flavor is super delicious especially if you are a chocolate lover!
What type of chocolate chips will you be choosing to use for this simple air fryer treat recipe?
Easy Dinner Dishes for the Air Fryer:
- Asian Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Easy Asian Beef and Veggies in the Air Fryer
- Tasty Parmesan Air Fryer Salmon
- Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- One Pan Teriyaki Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Simple and Delicious Lasagna Cups for the Air Fryer
- Korean Fried Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Chocolate Treats
- ½ cup Coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened - whichever you prefer / I did sweetened)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Chocolate chips (which ever flavor you prefer - depends on how sweet or rich you want your treat to be / I did semi-sweet)
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Start with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add a sheet of tin foil to the bottom of the air fryer basket. (If you don't like cooking with tin foil you can also use parchment paper without holes)
- Place the coconut chocolate chips mixture in a single layer on top of the tin foil.
- Air fry for 3 minutes at 300 °F.
- With a silicone spatula, gently mix the chocolate chips into the toasted coconut. Add more chocolate chips if desired (if you like more chocolate than coconut)
- Then brush back out to single layer and air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully remove tin foil sheet from air fryer basket. Mix contents around again.
- Let cool slightly. Then, form into three or four balls. The chocolate and coconut wont stick together super well so do your best here. I keep the mixture on the tin foil and just kinda mesh them together. Then place the balls (I keep mine on the tin foil) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until hardened. Remove and enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!