Blueberry Sour Cream Bars Recipe
Delicious Blueberry Sour Cream Cookie Bars!
These blueberry sour cream bars are so good! The filling tastes like a light cheesecake with blueberries, which is awesome. But the best part in my opinion, is the delicious crust. I am a crust-lover, for sure, and I definitely approve of this crust and plan to use it in the future with other yummy fillings too.
Mmm. Just looking at this photo is making me want to make these bars again right away. At the rate I’ve been using up blueberries this summer, maybe I need to plant a blueberry bush too!
Lining the baking dish with parchment paper makes it super easy to remove the finished bars from the pan, which makes them easier to cut into bars, which means you can start eating them a bit sooner.
Reserve about 3/4 cup of the crumbly crust dough, then press the rest of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. I love that these measuring cups have a 2/3- and a 3/4-cup, along with the usual measurements, of course. Very convenient!
Pour the easy sour cream mixture over the crust and you’re ready to top it off with the sugar-coated blueberries and remaining crust crumbles. That’s right, the blueberries are coated in sugar and fresh lemon juice. Genius.
Here it is, all ready for the oven. Bake until golden brown and not too jiggly in the center, then try to let them cool completely before you dig in. You can make these blueberry bars a day or two in advance, just store them in the refrigerator.
This recipe is slightly adapted from The Recipe Critic. Thanks for a fabulous recipe!
A few more of my favorite bar desserts:
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Key Lime Bars
- Cheesecake & Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Caramel Brownies
- Orange Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- Date Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Oreo Truffle Brownies
More blueberry recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread
- Spicy Mango Blueberry Salad
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad or Kebabs
- Blueberry Boy Bait
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf
- Blueberry Crisp
- Blueberry Muffins
- Fruit and Brownie Kebabs
- Jello Flag Cake
- Blueberry Baked French Toast
- Berry Dutch Baby Pancake
- Red, White, and Blue Salad
- Blueberry Oat Muffins
- Razzleberry Pie Bars
- Chicken Berry Salad
- Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits
Blueberry Sour Cream Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375. Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt for the crust. Stir in the melted butter until incorporated and the dough is crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of crust dough and press the remaining dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, gently combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla for the filling. Pour the filling over the crust in the pan.
- Spoon the blueberry mixture evenly over the sour cream filling.
- Sprinkle the reserved 3/4 cup of crust dough over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into squares before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.