Easy Air Fryer Vegetarian Bean and Veggie Quesadilla
Can You Make Quesadilla in the air fryer?
Air fryers are great for many foods, such as fries, wings, and a whole chicken. But have you tried to make quesadillas in the air fryer? Air fryers are great for making quesadillas because they make the tortillas perfectly crispy and the cheese beautifully melty.
You are going to love today’s air fryer recipe because it is healthy and inexpensive. You will see this recipe featured on my latest $5 air fryer recipes challenge video on YouTube. This recipe is perfect if you are looking to save a couple of dollars on your grocery budget.
Keep reading to learn how to make a bean and veggie quesadilla in the air fryer!
Easy Air Fryer Recipes All Summer Long
I am excited to share with you easy air fryer recipes all month long. This summer, you won’t have to wonder what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Plus, these recipes are so easy, that your kids can make them too!
Download this free air fryer quick cooking guide so you can whip up easy air fryer recipes all summer!
Be sure to also subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay up to date on the easiest air fryer recipes.
How to Make Bean and Veggie Quesadilla in the Air Fryer
A vegetarian quesadilla is not only super easy to make, but it is also super adaptable. Here are the ingredients I recommend starting with. Then, see the additional ingredient suggestions for substitutions or more ways to spice up this recipe.
- 8, medium sized flour tortillas
- 1-2 cups Shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 can Black beans, rinsed
Additional ingredient suggestions
Make this recipe more spicy, or switch out the ingredients with your own favorites. Such as,
- Use a different cheese, such as a Mexican blend of cheese, Cotija cheese, or Mozzarella cheese.
- Add other veggies such as zucchini, mushrooms, squash, butternut squash, or tomato, for example.
- Switch out the black beans with pinto beans, red kidney beans, or refried beans.
- Add other proteins to your quesadilla such as quinoa or tofu.
- Add spices to the vegetables with a taco seasoning mix or fajita seasoning mix.
- Or make your own seasoning mix with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Get the printed instructions and proportions for homemade taco seasoning mix.
How to Make Quesadillas crispy?
There are a couple of different ways to make quesadillas, but my favorite way is to make crispy quesadillas is in the air fryer! It is so easy to make this vegetarian quesadilla in the air fryer. Check out these simple 4 step instructions.
Step 1. Sauté the veggies
Dice or cut the veggies into bite sized pieces or smaller. Place the veggies in the air fryer basket. Spray with a little oil. Sauté in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
What oil do I use in the air fryer?
I like to use avocado oil in my reusable oil sprayer. You can use any high smoke point oil – such as extra light olive oil, refined peanut oil, vegetable oil, or grapeseed oil.
Note: using peanut oil will change the flavor profile of your veggies and give them a more nutty taste and flavor. If you love that, then go for it. But, generally, I don’t recommend using peanut oil for quesadillas or other Mexican inspired dishes.
Step 2. Layer the tortilla
Layer each tortilla with cheese, veggies, and black beans. Then, fold in half.
Step 3. Secure
Place the tortillas in the air fryer basket and keep the quesadillas secure by using toothpicks to secure the ends or sides or by placing a wire rack over the quesadillas.
Step 4. Air fry
Cook for 370°F/187°C for 5 minutes, or until crispy and melty to liking.
This recipe can be served so many different ways. Top the quesadillas with your favorite salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, or garnishes like fresh cilantro or parsley.
I love how healthy and filling this recipe is. It only takes 5 minutes to cook in the air fryer and you only need a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. This is such a great savory dinner that everyone will actually love!
Share with us in the comments below what you love about this easy air fryer vegetarian quesadilla!
- Bean & Cheese Burrito In The Air Fryer Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Marinade
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas Recipe
- Parmesan Tomatoes in the Air Fryer
Did you know these air fryer secrets? Check them out.
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
Get my Air Fryer Cookbook for more great air fryer recipes!
Stay up to date on air fryer recipes, tips, and saving ideas on the Fabulessly Frugal YouTube channel.
Vegetarian Quesadilla in the Air Fryer
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1-2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- Sauté the veggies. Dice or cut the veggies into bite sized pieces or smaller. Place in the air fryer basket. Spray with oil. Sauté in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
- Layer the tortilla. Layer each tortilla with cheese, veggies, and black beans. Fold in half.
- Secure. Place in the air fryer basket and keep the quesadillas secure by using toothpicks to secure the ends or sides or by placing a wire rack over the quesadillas.
- Air fry. Cook for 370°F/187°C for 5 minutes, or until crispy and melty to liking.