Instant Pot Cheesecake of Your Dreams
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
No fuss, no oven, no cracks. Perfect cheesecake in the Instant Pot! This Instant Pot cheesecake is so so good! The graham cracker crust is my favorite part, but the filling is amazing too – smooth, rich, creamy, and flavorful.
To be honest, I thought a 7-inch cheesecake would be smaller than I want, but it is actually just the right size to me. Not too big and not too small.
I made quite a few Instant Pot cheesecakes before deciding that this is the one for me. There are bits and pieces from lots of different recipes, but mostly adapted from the Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe from Delish. Definitely happy with the results!
A Few Instant Pot Cheesecake Reviews
Want to read some reviews from a few of my personal taste testers? 😉 After sending them on their way with cheesecake slice in hand, they promptly sent me messages…
“This cheesecake is AMAZING! Better than Juniors is NYC!” – Emily
“Wow, yep this is good. It’s like buttery and creamy. The crust is delicious too. I think this is my favorite cheesecake you’ve made. Winner!” – Krista
I’ve never been to NYC, so I can’t personally confirm Emily’s comment, but this is my favorite cheesecake recipe yet! And it’s pretty darn easy in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Cheesecake Tips
First of all, plan ahead and make your cheesecake a day in advance. This allows your cheesecake plenty of time to firm up and chill. If you don’t let it chill long enough in the fridge, you will have a runny, soft center.
Graham Cracker Crust
Use the bottom of a cup, ramekin, jar, or something similar to press the crust in firmly and evenly. Placing the crust in the freezer for 15-20 minutes helps to firm it up without having to bake it.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Ingredients
Start with room temperature ingredients. Cold cream cheese = lumpy cheesecake. Room temperature ingredients help to produce a smooth, creamy filling, and avoid lumps. So be sure to take your cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs out of the refrigerator in advance to let them reach room temperature before mixing.
Don’t overmix! You want to avoid adding too much air to the batter. That’s why I wouldn’t use a stand mixer. And with the hand mixer, only use low speed.
Of course, you’ll want to have an Instant Pot to make Instant Pot cheesecake. 😉
The Instant Pot silicone rings tend to hold odors, so for a sweet cheesecake with no hint of pot roast or chicken, it is best to use a new sealing ring reserved only for dessert recipes. I got a set of rings on Amazon with different colors so it is easy to tell them apart.
To more easily put the cheesecake into and out of the pot, you can create a foil sling (like in the photos) or you can get yourself a silicone sling if you think you’ll be using it a lot.
Use the trivet that usually comes with your Instant Pot. It doesn’t really matter which one it is as long as it keeps the cheesecake out of the water.
Which springform pan should I use?
Snag a 6-inch or 7-inch springform pan so you can make delicious Instant Pot cheesecake whenever needed. 😉 It’s worth it to have one and they are not expensive. I have used both sizes and prefer the 7-inch, but they are very similar.
Because the cheesecake is a little thicker in a 6-inch pan, reduce Instant Pot cooking time by 5 minutes if using one. Instead of 30 minutes (with a 7-inch), it would be 35 minutes with a 6-inch.
How to store Instant Pot cheesecake
Store the Instant Pot cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, covered loosely with foil or plastic wrap.
Can you freeze Instant Pot cheesecake?
Yes! After the cheesecake comes to room temperature, carefully remove it from the pan. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then with foil, or place it in an airtight freezer-safe container. Freeze cheesecake for up to 3 months, thaw in refrigerator overnight before serving.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Topping Recipes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
Combine water and jam. Cover loosely and microwave for 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in strawberries until evenly coated.
Strawberry Lime Topping
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
Mix together strawberries, sugar, and lime juice. Stir occasionally over about 15 minutes, to allow the sugar to dissolve.
Sour Cream Cheesecake Topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Whisk together sour cream and sugar. Pour over top of the cheesecake after it comes out of the Instant Pot. Let cheesecake cool for 1 hour.
Additional Cheesecake Topping Ideas:
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Crushed cookies or candy bars
- Mini chocolate chips
- Lemon curd
- Canned pie filling
- Fresh sliced strawberries, or any favorite fresh fruit
- Whipped cream
More cheesecake recipes:
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake
- Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake
- Mini Cheesecake Tarts
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Check out more of our favorite Instant Pot recipes too!
Instant Pot Cheesecake of Your Dreams
- 9 graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Grease or spray a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter, until crumbs are evenly moistened. Pour mixture into springform pan and press into the bottom of the pan and about 1 inch up the sides. Use the bottom of a cup or jar to help press the crust firmly and evenly. Place crust in the freezer while preparing the batter, for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, room temperature sour cream, flour, salt, and vanilla. Add room temperature eggs, one at a time, and beat until just blended. Don't overmix. Pour batter into springform pan on top of crust. Tap cheesecake pan against the counter to let air bubbles rise to the surface. Pop bubbles with a toothpick or fork, then smooth the top.
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot. Place trivet in Instant Pot. Create a foil sling by folding a large piece of foil into thirds and place it in the Instant Pot with the cheesecake on top of it.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then quick release any additional pressure, if needed, and remove cheesecake from the pot using the sling. Absorb any water from top of cheesecake with the edge of a paper towel. Center of cheesecake will be jiggly, but should not run if pan is tilted. Place cheesecake on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Cover springform pan with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Slice and serve cold with your favorite toppings.
If using a 6-inch springform pan, increase cooking time to 35 minutes.
Recipe Adapted From: Delish