Valentine’s Day Strawberry Cheesecake
Valentine’s Day Recipe
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and this recipe is one of my favorites! It’s easy to make, our whole family loves it, and it’s a combination of two of my favorite treats – huge bonus!
The graham cracker crust is a wonderful base for this recipe because while it gives the crunch you are looking for in a cheesecake, it’s not too sweet…just incredibly delicious! The nutella is my “secret” ingredient that people always ask about, so I wanted to share it with you as well!
The strawberry topping is simple to make and only calls for a few ingredients. I had my daughter help me make it, and she enjoyed running the blender for this step!
You will want to give yourself a little bit of time to make this, even though it’s simple, because it needs at least 30 minutes to chill in the refrigerator. This is one you wouldn’t want to be whipping up after dinner. Plan ahead and make it the night before or in the afternoon on Valentine’s Day (or any time of the year really!!)
Don’t forget the last step of slicing a few strawberries for the top as a garnish! It’s a perfect finish to a treat everyone will enjoy!
- Fast & even heating with aluminized steel
- The non-stick coating inside the pan helps with a quick release of the food and simple cleanup!
- The best part of this pan is it’s dishwasher safe! One less step in the kitchen you have to worry about!
If you love this recipe idea, you’ll want to take a few minutes to look at all of the other Valentine’s Day projects and menu ideas we have been working on for this year’s celebration!
Valentine’s Day Strawberry Cheesecake
- 7 whole graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry topping (see above)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- In a food processor or blender grind the graham crackers until they are in a fine powder.
- Add the butter, nutella, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder and process until thoroughly mixed.
- You may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl/blender a few times.
- Press the crust evenly into the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch Springform Pan .
- It should come up the sides slightly.
- In a saucepot add the strawberries, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook over medium heat until the strawberries are quite soft.
- Use a blender to puree the fruit and then return to the pot to finish cooking.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl.
- Allow it to sit for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the gelatin to the strawberries and gently cook over low heat.
- Whisking just until the gelatin is completely dissolved, and then remove pan from heat.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the strawberry mixture for the top layer of the cake.
- In a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the strawberry topping, except the ¾ cup you have reserved for the top layer.
- In a separate bowl whip the heavy cream until medium peaks.
- Fold the heavy whipped cream into the strawberry cheesecake batter.
- Gently folding just until it is all combined.
- Pour the cheesecake into the prepared pan.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter to bring any air bubbles to the surface.
- Let it sit, uncovered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until it is set to the touch.
- Once the cheesecake is set, pour the remaining ¾ cup strawberry topping over it.
- If the topping has set up in the pot, gently heat it for a minute, just until it is pourable (or heat in microwave for 30 seconds).
- Place the cheesecake back into the refrigerator and allow to set, uncovered, for another 30 minutes, or until the topping is set.
- At this point it is ready to serve or you can cover the cheesecake with plastic and it can sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Before unlocking the Springform Pan , run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it.
- Top with the fresh strawberries.