Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Mini Cheesecakes are a fun and easy way to serve cheesecake at a party!
These little cheesecakes taste awesome too! The perfect crust-to-cheesecake ratio, in my opinion, and the cheesecake filling is rich and creamy. Exactly how a cheesecake should be, just in mini form!
Plus, you can make these divine little treats in advance! Store the cheesecakes in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze them for up to one month.
I love a good graham cracker crust with cheesecake! Throw about 7 or 8 full graham crackers in a food processor for fast and easy crumbs. Measure out the crumbs, then stir in some brown sugar and melted butter. I use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the crust into the the liners. You will end up with about 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of crust mixture per muffin liner.
Using a small drinking glass, or other flat-bottomed food-safe object the same size as standard muffin cup, is an easy way to flatten and pack the crust mixture into each liner.
Room temperature ingredients in a cheesecake help to produce a smooth, creamy filling and avoid lumps. So, be sure to take your cream cheese, sour cream, and egg out of the refrigerator in advance to let them reach room temperature before mixing. As a side note, you can use vanilla bean paste in place of the vanilla extract, if you want to get all fancy like that.
Make the cheesecakes even more fun by providing a variety of topping choices! For a friend’s baby shower recently, I put together a cheesecake bar. It was a fun and delicious treat! Here are some topping ideas:
- Lime Strawberries Recipe
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Easy Lemon Curd Recipe
- Crushed Oreo Cookies
- Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Toffee Pieces
- Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- Fresh Fruit
- Almond Whipped Cream
- Fruit Preserves
- Chopped Apples and Caramel Sauce
This recipe is from Crazy for Crust.
Magnetic Measuring Spoons! I have a similar set and I love them!
- Set of 5 stainless steel magnetic spoons: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/2 Tbls, 1 Tbls
- Magnets allow spoons to nest while stored
- Narrow end fits most spice jars, round end is for liquids
- Flat base allows spoons to rest on counter without spilling contents
- Dishwasher safe
Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner. Use the bottom of a small glass and press to pack each crust.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth, then beat in the sour cream. Add in egg, sugar, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Evenly divide cheesecake filling among each crust, about 2 1/2 tablespoons each. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until set and just beginning to brown. Let cool completely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Store cheesecakes loosely covered in refrigerator. Cheesecakes will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator or can be frozen for up to one month.