Simple French Toast Roll Ups in the Air Fryer
What is a French Toast Roll Up?
French toast roll ups are tasty breakfast treats. If you love French toast, then you will love this French toast variation. (if you don’t love French toast, scroll to the bottom for a few of our other favorite breakfast recipes).
A French toast roll up is a piece of toast rolled up, then dipped and cooked in a French toast mixture. It is a fun little treat that you can enjoy for breakfast anytime of the week because it is so easy to make! Or, you can serve this one for a special breakfast or brunch. We will be trying this recipe for a special Easter breakfast this year!
Keep reading to learn how to make French toast roll ups in the air fryer!
French Toast Roll Ups with Nutella in the Air Fryer
You only need six ingredients to make this recipe! Plus, this recipe has a special ingredient: Nutella! If you aren’t a fan of Nutella, you can omit it and try a different spread like peanut butter, biscoff, cream cheese, or no spread at all! This recipe will still taste fantastic! For this easy, air fryer breakfast recipe, you will need:
- 10 slices of bread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- About 1/4 cup of Nutella
The Secret to the Best French Toast
Any time you cook French toast, it is so important that the bread is old and dried out. This make the bread crunchy and so much better. For this French toast recipe in the air fryer you will also want to make sure that it is stale. You can do this a couple of different ways.
How to Make Bread Stale
One way to make the bread stale for French toast is to leave it out over night. If you are on top of things, this is the best option!
If you aren’t on top of things, like myself, you can leave the bread out for at least thirty minutes. Or, try this awesome hack with your air fryer.
AIR FRYER PRO TIP: Use the air fryer to dry out bread.
You can make try drying out the bread in the air fryer. My suggestion is to place the bread in the air fryer basket for 2 minutes at 350˚F/177˚C. Just be careful that you don’t start toasting the bread, then it will be a little more challenging to work with.
Can You Roll French Toast?
When you have stale bread, set up your stations for making it into a French toast roll up. In one shallow bowl or dish, whisk the eggs and milk together. In a second shallow bowl or dish, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Then, line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper and lightly spray it with oil.
How to Roll French Toast
To make the French toast rolls, first cut off the crust of each of the slices of bread. Then, make the bread flat by rolling it with a rolling pin or a glass cup.
Next, take about a teaspoon of Nutella and spread it evenly on the slice of bread. Next, lay out the piece of bread and roll it like you would with a cinnamon roll, from one side to the other side. After this, you can smear a little touch of Nutella on the ends of the roll to help keep everything secure during the next part.
How to Cook French Toast Rolls in the Air Fryer
Dip and cover completely the French toast log with the milk and egg mixture. Then, cover it completely with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place the logs, seam side down, in the air fryer basket on top of the parchment paper.
Cook the French toast roll ups in the air fryer at 360 degrees Fahrenheit or 182 degrees Celsius, or until they are nice golden brown and no longer soggy or wet. To help the rolls cook evenly, remember to flip them at the halfway point.
When to Eat French Toast?
French toast is a breakfast item, but honestly because it isn’t the healthiest item on the menu, you can also enjoy this recipe for dessert. Top these babies with some strawberries (or homemade strawberry jam), maple syrup, whipped cream, or more cinnamon sugar.
Or, if you love to have breakfast for dinner like my family does, enjoy this one with a side of scrambled eggs and bacon.
For Christmas and Easter, our family likes to have a special, tasty, and full of sugar breakfast. French toast is a fan-favorite in our home, so you can bet that we will most definitely be gobbling up this recipe on Easter morning this year! Plus, this recipe is easy enough in the air fryer that I think my kids will love to make it with me!
Share with us in the comments below when you will be enjoying this recipe!
Not a fan of French toast? Try one of these other tasty breakfast items
- Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole in the Air Fryer
- Simple Air Fryer Breakfast Bomb
- Our Favorite Monkey Bread Recipe in the Air Fryer!
- Lemon Berry Baked Oatmeal in the Air Fryer
- The Easiest Instant Pot Homemade Yogurt with Homemade Granola
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Nutella French Toast Roll Up
- 10 slices bread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Nutella about 1 teaspoon per slice of bread
- Dry out the bread. Leave the bread out overnight so that it can get stale. This will make it cook better in the air fryer and will take so much better too! If you aren’t on top of things like myself, you can leave the bread out for at least 30 minutes. You can also try drying out the bread in the air fryer by placing the bread in the air fryer for 2 minutes at 350˚F/177˚C.
- Prepare your set up. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl or dish. Set aside. In a separate shallow dish, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Set aside. Line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper and lightly spray it with oil.
- Assemble the roll ups. Cut off the crust on the slices of bread. Flatten the bread slices with a glass or rolling pin.
- Spread a teaspoon or so of Nutella on one end of the bread. Roll the bread in a log and dab a little Nutella on the ends to help keep the rolls secure during baking.
- Dip the bread rolls in the egg and milk mixture then in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Make sure to cover the rolls completely.
- Cook in the air fryer. Place the french toast rolls in the air fryer basket. Cook for 5-6 minutes at 360°F/182°C, flipping halfway through. Enjoy while still warm.
Recipe Adapted From: Air Frying Foodie