Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
Sometimes you need a downright tasty meal that is simple to put together, and this Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe is just that!
While it does not take long to put it all together, it is ideal to give it time to marinate in the fridge. So make sure that you have at least 1 and ½ hours to let this meal come together.
If you want to find more easy recipes to make in your air fryer, look over at my YouTube channel where I show you 8 Easy meals to make for dinner in your air fryer!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry:
Shrimp and Veggies
- Medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails-off
- Onion, sliced
- Medium red pepper, sliced
- Frozen broccoli
- Garlic minced
- Fresh ginger grated
- Red chili flakes
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Brown sugar
- Cutting board
- Ziploc bag (or a medium bowl)
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
What to serve with Air Fryer Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry?
If you are trying to keep this super simple you can eat this recipe as it and it is super delicious, but you can also round this meal out even more with some delicious sides!
Can this be made without shrimp?
Yes, this recipe most definitely can be made without shrimp. You can just simply remove the shrimp from the recipe and make it as is.
Or, you can also substitute it with a protein of your choice. However, just make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken or steak when you are done cooking to make sure that they reached the ideal internal temperatures that are safe for consumption.
You can find my cheat sheet for safe internal temperatures HERE!
How to Make Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry in the Air Fryer:
Step 1: Cut everything up!
When you are ready to make your stir fry, start by chopping up all the broccoli, peppers, and onions, and prepare the shrimp.
Step 2: Make the marinade
In a medium bowl or Ziploc bag (I recommend using a Ziploc bag), mix the marinade ingredients together (garlic, chili flakes, soy sauce, cornstarch, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and water.
Step 3: Marinate the meal
Add the shrimp and veggies (but not the chopped broccoli) to the bowl or Ziploc bag and marinate the shrimp and veggies for at least 30 minutes but you will get the best flavor if you can let it marinate for at least an hour.
Step 4: Cook the broccoli
During the last 10 minutes or so of the shrimp marinating, place the frozen broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook the broccoli for 5 minutes at 300 degrees F or 149 degrees C.
For this recipe do not spray the broccoli with oil.
Step 5: Add the rest of the ingredients
Once the broccoli is done cooking for 5 minutes and the shrimp and veggies are done marinating, use tongs to add the shrimp and veggies to the air fryer basket along with the broccoli.
Do not pour the marinade in with the veggies, instead discard the marinade.
Step 6: Cook the stir fry
Cook the rest of the stir fry in the air fryer at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are roasted and the shrimp has an internal temp of 145 degrees F or 63 degrees C.
Then, serve the shrimp and broccoli stir fry with rice and other toppings of your choice, like sliced scallions, and sesame seeds, and enjoy!
Enjoy more Chinese meals
If you and your family love these Chinese dish flavors there are even more great dishes you can make in the air fryer and enjoy! Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Chinese dishes to make:
- Easy Asian Beef and Veggies in the Air Fryer
- Freezer Chinese Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Best Ramen Noodle Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
When you are looking for a simple and flavorful recipe to make that makes you feel like you might just be eating at a restaurant, then this broccoli stir fry is the recipe you need.
With the homemade marinade and the air fryer, the flavors infuse perfectly and make this recipe taste absolutely perfect!
Chicken recipes for the Air Fryer
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lbs Medium shrimp peeled, deveined, tails-off
- ½ Onion sliced
- 1 Medium red bell pepper sliced
- 12 oz Frozen broccoli
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger grated
- ¼ tsp Red chili flakes
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- Prep the shrimp, onion, and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl or Ziploc bag (I recommend using a Ziploc bag), mix the marinade ingredients together (garlic, chili flakes, soy sauce, cornstarch, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and water.
- Add the shrimp and veggies (not the broccoli) to the bowl or Ziploc bag and marinate for 30 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of the marinade, place the frozen broccoli in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes at 300 °F, do not spray with oil.
- With tongs, add the shrimp and veggies to the air fryer basket with the broccoli. Discard the marinade.
- Cook in the air fryer at 380 °F for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables are roasted and the shrimp has an internal temp of 145 °F.
- Serve with rice and other toppings of your choice, like sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!
Follow Fabulessly Frugal on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube