Rice in the Air Fryer
For the longest time, I could never get the rice just right, but with this air fryer rice recipe, I make it perfect every time. There were times when I thought the rice was done, and unfortunately, it was undercooked. So then I would try to avoid that happening again, and would you know it, I then had soggy rice.
But, now with this amazingly simple recipe, I can make perfectly cooked rice in the air fryer. Plus, I don’t even have to keep an eye on it to see when it bubbles and how long the rice has been simmering. I get to let the air fryer do most of the work.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed for Rice in the Air Fryer:
- Boiling water
- Air fryer
- Small pot
- Cake pan (or other air fryer safe dish)
- Aluminum foil
If you are in the market to buy an air fryer or need to replace an old one, make sure to take a look at the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer. Out of all the air fryers I have tried it is truly one of the best air fryers and at a great price point.
Does it Need to be Boiling Water?
It is important to make rice with boiling water no matter if you make it in the air fryer or in a pan. While you will make the rice on the stove by starting it in the water and then bringing it to a boil to start the cooking process, but that is not necessary for the air fryer as it will not evaporate the water as it does over the stovetop.
Will the Rice Get Crispy in the Air Fryer?
No, the rice will not get crispy. Since you have the water added to the rice it will avoid the rice from getting crispy and it will hydrate the rice instead.
Spice Up Your Rice
If you want to make your rice with more flavor try adding some spices to it! There are so many different combinations you can come up with and Mashed has some great insight on ways to use different flavors with the best spices for your rice.
Give these a try:
- Salt and pepper
- Basil and oregano
- Butter and brown sugar
- Curry powder
How to Make Rice in the Air Fryer:
Step 1: Boil the Water
When you are ready to start making the easiest rice recipe, start by boiling a pot of water and preheating the air fryer to 360F or 182C for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the Rice
Then use a cake pan or any other air fryer safe dish that will fit in your air fryer basket and add ½ cup of rice to the dish.
When the water is done boiling, pour ¾ cup of the boiled water into the cake dish with the rice and mix it slightly.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place it into the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Cook the Rice
After the dish is in the basket, return it to the air fryer and turn it on to 360F or 182C for 30 minutes or until your rice is cooked all the way.
Then remove the dish from the air fryer basket and then remove the foil from the dish and use a fork to fluff the rice and enjoy!
Sides in the Air Fryer
The air fryer can play a significant role in preparing your meals, whether it is for either the main meal or the side dishes. Here is a list of some of my favorite sides to make in the air fryer:
- Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- BBQ Tater Tot Casserole in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Zucchini Tomato Corn Salad
Making rice has never been easier than with this recipe! Plus if you want to speed up the cooking time even more, you can use your electric kettle (if you have one) to boil the water in minutes.
Once you have tried this way of making rice in the air fryer, you might not go back to making rice any other way!
Perfect Meals to Make in Your Air Fryer:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Rice in the Air Fryer
- ½ cup Rice
- ¾ cup Boiling water You can boil more though to make it easier and then just use 3/4 cup in the air fryer.
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water on the stovetop.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- With a cake pan or other air fryer safe dish that fits in your air fryer basket, add 1/2 cup of rice. Add in 3/4 cup of boiling water. (If desired, and your dish is big enough, you can double this recipe and use the entire 1 1/2 cups of water).
- Cover the dish with tin foil.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 360 °F for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, fluff the rice with a fork and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From: Fast Food Bistro
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!