Magic Cookie Bars
I did a mint version of my favorite magic cookie bars for some festive green. They make a great treat for Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day. I love this combination of coconut, nuts, chocolate, graham crackers and sweetened condensed milk. I have also incorporated some tips for easy cutting and easy clean up! To make Magic Cookie Bars you will need semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch or mint chips, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, graham crackers, butter, a 9×13 pan, foil (optional), nuts (optional). The first step is to crush your graham crackers. This is simple to do with a gallon size zip close bag and rolling pin. It makes for a super easy clean up. But you could also crush crackers in a blender or a food processor, or in a bowl with the bottom of a cup. Mix crushed crackers with melted butter to form a crust and press it into the bottom of a pan lined with foil. You do not have to use the foil, but I like it because it makes the clean up easy and it makes the bars easier to cut because you can remove the whole thing from the pan. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cracker crust. Usually you just pick either mint or butterscotch chips to sprinkle over the sweetened condensed milk. But I used both this time and kept them separate for different flavors on each side of the pan.
Top with a layer of coconut.
Bake in the oven 350. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Butterscotch Magic Cookie Bars.
Mint Magic Cookie Bars.
Use our coupon database to find coupons for your ingredients.
I love my 13×9 baking dishes.I have 3 of them because I use them so much.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (1 package) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (325° for glass dish).
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press into bottom of pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts.
- Press down firmly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- Note: You can substitute the butterscotch chips for milk, white, peanut butter or mint.
- I like to do mint during the holidays to give it a festive green color.
- TIP: If you line the pan with tin foil it is much easier to cut and serve the bars and clean up is a snap!