Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
How to Make Honey Mustard Salmon in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is my favorite way to cook salmon! It cooks up wonderfully and only takes about 10 mins of hands-off, foolproof cooking!
And, I always love a good honey mustard flavor. Sweet with just a little tang from the mustard.
PS: If you don’t already have an air fryer, check out our Air Fryer Buying Guide! It’s got helpful reviews to help you find the best air fryer for your needs.
Step 1. Season the Salmon
Pat the salmon dry first with a paper towel and then season with salt and pepper. Easy peasy.
Step 2. Mix the Honey Mustard Glaze
This honey mustard glaze only has two ingredients – honey and Dijon mustard! It is super fast to make and there’s a good chance you have both ingredients on hand now.
I tried other recipes with more ingredients and they just didn’t have the same great flavor! Surprisingly, this incredibly simple honey dijon glaze always came out on top with the best flavor and results.
Step 3. Glaze those Fillets!
Once you’ve mixed your honey mustard glaze, set aside one tablespoon for later and drizzle the rest onto your salmon fillets. Make sure to cover them evenly and completely!
Step 4. Air Frying the Salmon
Before air frying salmon, make a foil sling. The foil sling helps prevent the fillets from sticking or coming apart when removing them from the air fryer basket.
Note that if the extra foil on each end is too long, the circulating air may push it down over the top of the fish. To prevent this, keep the extra foil on each end to about 2 inches so you have something to grab onto, and make sure you have enough salmon on the foil to hold it in place.
Once your sling is ready, lay it widthwise across your air fryer basket, pressing it into and up the sides. Then spray the foil and the basket with cooking spray.
Now you’re ready to arrange your salmon fillets in the basket! Make sure to place them with space between each fillet, and if you’re cooking skin-on fillets, place the skin down.
How Many Fillets Fit In One Air Fryer Basket?
The number of fillets you can fit in your air fryer at one time depends on the width of the fillets and the size of your air fryer.
I can usually fit 3 fillets in my Phillips XXL air fryer, while still leaving space between them, so that’s what works well for me. If I want to cook 4 fillets total, then I would cook 2 at a time though.
How Long to Cook Salmon in an Air Fryer
Salmon is done cooking when it begins to flake easily and the center of the thickest part still has a little bit of a translucent look, but does not look raw.
To get the BEST results, you will for sure want to have an instant read meat thermometer! The internal temperature should register at about 125°, if you want to get technical. And for wild salmon, cook to 120°.
You can get my FREE download with my top 18 Air Fryer tips as well as an internal temp guide for all the meats and baked goods to help you with air fryer perfection! Just sign up for the free download HERE and I will email it to you!
Final Thoughts + Serving Tips
This air fryer honey mustard salmon is amazing. The direct heat from the top of the air fryer caramelizes the glaze and browns the edges, while the circulated air cooks the fish from all sides. So yummy!
Once your salmon fillets are done cooking, serve with fresh parsley if desired, and drizzle the remaining honey mustard glaze over top. Enjoy!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- 20 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- Korean Fried Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Simple Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 15 of the Best Air Fryer Hamburger Recipes
- 10 Air Fryer Side Dishes That Never Get Old
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- 3 salmon fillets, 1 ½ inches thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Make a foil sling for the air fryer basket, about 4 inches tall and a few inches longer than the width of the basket. Lay foil widthwise across basket, pressing it into and up the sides. Lightly spray foil and basket with cooking spray.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and Dijon, until well combined. Reserve 1 tablespoon of glaze. Drizzle remaining glaze evenly over salmon fillets, tops and sides.
- Arrange fillets skin side down on sling in the basket, with space between them. (The number of fillets you can fit in your air fryer at one time depends on the size of the fillets and the size of your air fryer.)
- Cook at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until salmon flakes easily and registers at 125°F (thinner salmon will be ready sooner, thicker salmon will take more time).
- Using sling, carefully lift salmon from air fryer. Loosen the skin with a fish spatula or utensil, then transfer fillets to plate, leaving skin behind.
- Drizzle reserved sauce over fillets. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve warm.
Works with skin-on fillets and fillets without skin.
Recipe Adapted From: Air Fryer Perfection by America’s Test Kitchen