Cauliflower Tacos in the Air Fryer
Taco Tuesdays have become a family tradition in our house and I love to be able to switch it up and make different taco recipes so it is not the same thing all the time. These cauliflower tacos are a great way to have a filling dinner where you still get a bunch of healthy veggies and have a meatless dinner option, but you still get a good amount of protein.
Oh, and did I mention that you can make this whole meal right in the air fryer?! So no need to worry about having soggy vegetables or soggy tacos. These cauliflower air fryer tacos will be fried to the tender yet crispy texture that you are going to love.
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need
- Cauliflower florets (washed and ready to eat)
- Frozen peppers and onions
- Black beans, drained
- Olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Minced garlic
- Air fryer
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
Make sure to grab yourself a Cosori 5.8QT air fryer if you haven’t yet! Or even add it to your Christmas or birthday list. It is truly my favorite and I use it all the time!
Don’t Forget the Toppings!
Make sure to grab any of your favorite taco toppings to complete this easy taco recipe.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Fresh cilantro
- Cotija cheese
- Feta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa verde
- Lime juice
Should I Defrost the Peppers and Onions?
For this recipe, you will want to keep the pepper and onions frozen. Since they are being paired with cauliflower which is a more dense vegetable, they would get overdone and soggy if they are added to the pan and thawed out.
By keeping them frozen you will be able to get both the pepper and onion mix as well as the raw cauliflower done perfectly.
Does the Cauliflower Need to Marinate Beforehand?
If this was a chicken dish I would say definitely, but no it is definitely not necessary to marinate it ahead of time. You will still get great flavor by just mixing it up right before you pop it all into the air fryer.
How to Make Cauliflower Tacos in the Air Fryer:
Step 1: Prepare the Veggies
Start by making sure that the cauliflower has been washed, and then chopped into bite-sized pieces. Then place the cauliflower and onion mixture into a large mixing bowl and set it aside.
Step 2: Make the Marinade
Now, place the olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, and minced garlic all into a small mixing bowl.
Once it is all measured out, whisk the ingredients together to create the marinade for your tacos.
Step 3: Mix it Up
After you have the marinade made up, grab your bowl with the cauliflower and pour it over top.
Use tongs to mix it all together to make sure the marinade is coating all of the vegetables.
Step 4: Begin Frying
Now, place the marinated cauliflower mixture into the air fryer basket and return it to the air fryer.
Turn the air fryer on to 380F or 193C for 7 minutes.
After 7 minutes, add in the washed and drained black bean and mix everything again, adding another 7 minutes to the timer at the same temperature.
Step 5: Check the Veggies
When the timer is up, stir the vegetables and check to see if they are done. They should be tender and crispy.
If they are, remove the vegetables and begin making up your tacos with your favorite toppings. If they are not, then place them back into the air fryer for another 2 minutes at 400F or 205C.
By this time they should be done, so remove the vegetables and scoop the taco mixture onto your favorite tortillas and enjoy!
Delicious Dishes to Serve with Tacos
For this recipe, you are welcome to just eat and enjoy the tacos and call it good! However, if you want to add any dishes to serve with the tacos, let me give you a few suggestions!
Go All Out with Even More Air Fryer Options:
- Easy Air Fryer Vegetarian Bean and Veggie Quesadilla
- 10 Minute Air Fryer Ham Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Empanadas
- Vegetarian Bean & Cheese Burrito In The Air Fryer Recipe
I always love the idea of making dinner that is meatless but without having to worry about how much protein I am getting. And with the addition of the black beans, you can definitely still get protein and have a filling meal. Plus, you can also use the protein wraps in place of a traditional tortilla if you want even more.
I also love that you can have this dinner ready in under 20 minutes and still have a fantastically flavorful meal that is healthy!
Need More Mexican Dishes to Make in the Air Fryer?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Easy-to-Make Air Fryer Salmon Fajitas
- Easy Way to Make Chimichangas: 5 Ingredient Air Fryer Chimichanga Recipe
- 10 minute Taco Bomb Recipe
- Taco Bell Dorito Crunch Wrap Recipe
- How to Make Vegetarian Tacos in the Air Fryer: Easy and Inexpensive
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipe
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Cauliflower Tacos in the Air Fryer
- 12 oz Bag of washed cauliflower florets
- 2.5-3 cups Frozen peppers and onion bag
- 15 oz Black beans, washed and drained
- 1/6-1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 Lime freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Minced garlic
- Chop any big cauliflower florets into smaller, bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the marinade ingredients.
- Combine the marinade with the cauliflower and peppers and onions in a large bowl.
- Place veggies in an air fryer basket. Cook 380 °F for 7 minutes.
- Stir and add the black beans. Cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Stir, if veggies are tender and crispy to your liking, remove and enjoy with - your favorite toppings. If not, bump up heat to 400 °F for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with favorite toppings, such as corn tortillas, lime juice, cilantro, cotija or feta cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, etc.
Recipe Adapted From: How Sweet Eats
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!