The Best Air Fryer Avocado Toast Recipe
Can you put toast in the air fryer?
Yes, you can toast bread slices in the air fryer! You will be surprised to learn just how quick and easy it is to make toast in the air fryer.
There are so many different things you can do with toast. Today, I am excited to share with you how to make the best avocado toast recipe with your air fryer toast! Keep reading to learn how to make toast in the air fryer!
Easiest Air Fryer Avocado Toast Recipe
Air fryer avocado toast is simple and easy. There are many different ways you can make avocado toast taste better, here is the recipe ingredients that I will be using.
Avocado Toast Ingredients
- Frozen slice of healthy bread of your choice
- 1 avocado
- Splash or two of lime juice
- 1 tomato
- Sausage strips or bacon, already cooked (jump down to the FAQs to learn how to make sausage and bacon in the air fryer)
Avocado toast is a great recipe because you can easily switch out the ingredients with your own personal favorites. Check out a few of these ingredients you can add or substitute.
- egg – fried, hard boiled, it’s your choice. See the FAQ section for how to make eggs in the air fryer
- turkey slices
- cream cheese
- Canadian bacon
- Seasonings – salt and pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, balsamic vinegar, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- carnalized onions
- cheese – feta cheese, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, provolone cheese
- fresh garlic
Keto Avocado Toast Recipe
You can make this recipe keto friendly. Just use your favorite keto bread and your favorite keto friendly toppings and seasonings. Such as, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Get more keto avocado toast ideas from The Big Man’s World.
How does Kylie Jenner make her avocado toast?
According to Insider, you can make the viral avocado toast by Kylie Jenner with only four ingredients: sourdough bread, honey, crushed red pepper flakes, and, of course, avocado.
What setting do you put the air fryer on to toast?
If your air fryer has different presets, you can use the toast preset or setting to make toast. However, not all air fryer makes and models are the same. For example, my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer doesn’t have a toast preset. So, here is how I like to make toast in the air fryer.
Place a frozen piece of bread in your air fryer basket. Lightly spray it with avocado oil. Toast in the air fryer at 380˚F/193˚C for 3 minutes, or until the bread golden brown to your liking.
Prepare the ingredients
While the bread toasts, you can prepare your ingredients for the toast.
In a bowl, I like to mash up one avocado with a fork. Then, I’ll add a splash of lime juice to the avocado to give it a kick.
Slice a tomato, if desired. Or any other vegetables and ingredients you like to eat your avocado toast with.
How to make Avocado Toast in the air fryer?
Once your bread is golden toast, layer the toasted sliced of bread with avocado, tomato slices, then sausage strips.
Add any additional seasonings or toppings that you desire.
I love to eat avocado toast for breakfast. This recipe is also a great snack. Or, if you are looking for a healthy nightly treat, add a little honey and avocado toast will hit the spot!
Other air fryer toast recipes
You don’t just have to enjoy air fryer avocado toast, try one of these delicious toast ideas instead.
- Garlic toast
- Peanut butter or almond butter and bananas (or any of your favorite butters- like cookie butter!)
- Jam or jelly. We love this homemade strawberry jam recipe.
- Fried PB&J sandwich
- Cheese toast or a grilled cheese in the air fryer
- Cinnamon and sugar toast
- French toast sticks
Just toast the bread in the air fryer at 380˚ F/193˚ C for 3 minutes and add your favorite toppings.
Avocado toast is a quick and easy favorite around here! It is healthy, filling, and so tasty! This is the best savory side or breakfast dish that you can make in your air fryer.
Share with us in the comments below what you will pair your avocado toast with!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make sausage in the air fryer?
If you want to add sausage to your avocado toast, you can cook sausage or sausage strips in the air fryer for 5-6 minutes at 400F/200C.
How to make bacon in the air fryer?
Add bacon by air frying it for 10 minutes at 350˚F/177˚C.
Do I have to use frozen bread?
The bread you use doesn’t have to be frozen. I’ve found that it cooks better in the air fryer and doesn’t dry out as fast when I use frozen bread.
If you use regular, not frozen bread, you may want to decrease the cooking time.
Can you cook eggs in an air fryer?
You can make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer. See how to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer.
You can also make avocado eggs in the air fryer. Learn how to make avocado eggs in the air fryer.
You can make fried eggs in the air fryer as well. Get the recipe for how to make eggs in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes for Breakfast or Snack
- Simple Air Fryer Tuna Melt
- Parmesan Tomatoes in the Air Fryer
- Breakfast Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sandwich
- Simple French Toast Roll Ups in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Tips and Tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- The Ultimate Guide to Air Fryers: 25 Air Fryer Tips and Tricks From Start to Finish
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Avocado Toast
- 1 slice bread frozen, bread of your choice
- 1 avocado
- lime juice splash, or to taste
- 1 tomato
- sausage strips or sausage
- Cook the sausage strips in the air fryer for 5-6 minutes at 400 °F. Or cook bacon in the air fryer.
- Place frozen piece of bread in your air fryer basket. Lightly spray it with avocado oil. Toast in the air fryer for 380 °F for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash up one avocado with a fork. Add lime juice (or lemon juice) to taste.
- Slice the tomato.
- Layer the toasted piece of toast with avocado, tomato slices, then sausage strips.