7 Natural DIY Air Fresheners
7 Natural DIY Air Freshener Recipes
Are you tired of your home never smelling fresh? Some easy homemade solutions can help! Here are some natural DIY air fresheners that will help freshen your air and help keep those bad scents away!
1. Heavenly DIY Fall Air Freshener for Cheap!
If you’re looking for an easy fall scent that you can make using items from your spice cabinet, this one will be an instant hit! It has a beautiful fall scent, but you probably have all the ingredients you need just sitting at home!
- 1 mug
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (imitation vanilla extract works fine too)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-4 cloves (It is better to use whole cloves, but I only had ground)
2. Essential Oil Air Freshener in a Jar
Customize your air freshener using this easy essential oil air freshener recipe! This is a great DIY to make if you’re an essential oil lover, and you can change up the scent for the seasons!
- Essential oil scent of your choice
- Small 4 oz mason jar
- Baking soda
- Cupcake liner
- Skewer or other pointy object
3. Homemade Air Freshener Spray with Essential Oils
Whether you need to freshen up your fabrics or spray your old mattress, this air freshener is perfect for those items that can’t be machine washed! You can also use this as a quick fix before guests come over!
- 3/4 c. distilled water
- 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils
- glass spray bottle
4. 2-minute Rice & Essential Oil Air Freshener Diffuser Recipe
If you need an air freshener quick, you can put this one together in just two minutes! It only takes three ingredients to put together, and one of those ingredients is the bowl it will sit in!
- Jasmine Rice, Black Rice, or any other rice you have on hand
- Pine, Peppermint, or your favorite scent
- a small dish or container
5. Natural Air Freshener
If you don’t want to use essential oils, but still fill your home with natural scents, this recipe is perfect! The smell of lemon mixed with rosemary and vanilla will create a heavenly aroma in every room of your home.
- 3 springs of rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
6. Autumn Leaf Beeswax Air Fresheners
These adorable fall shaped air fresheners are great for your home or as a gift! Each little leaf is packed full of scents and will smell just like fall without having to open your windows.
- 1/2 cup beeswax (divided into four 1/8 cup servings)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mica (I used yellow, orange, green, and red)
- 20 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
- 5 drops clove bud essential oil
7. Homemade Gel Air Freshener
If you are looking for a way to use up leftover gelatin, or a unique air freshener, you’ve got to give this one a try! You can easily customize the essential oils in the container to make your favorite scent or use it as a decor piece in your home.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 15-20 drops essential oils
- Mason jars
- OPTIONAL flowers for decoration
- OPTIONAL natural food coloring
As you can see, many of these natural homemade air fresheners can be made with ingredients you already have at home! While you can use many of these recipes to create your own customizable air freshener, these are all still natural ways to make your home smell better without using candles or aerosol sprays. Hopefully, with all of these great choices to choose from, you’ve been able to find the one that is perfect for your home!
If after reading this list you still don’t want to go through the trouble of making your own homemade DIY air fresheners yourself, don’t worry! You can still enjoy this natural air freshener from Amazon that smells just as amazing!
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again