Homemade Cream Corn Recipe
Homemade Cream Style Corn Recipe
Forget the creamed corn that comes in the can! You can make one that is way more delicious and it’s actually not that hard either.
Homemade creamed corn goes well at any barbecue, potluck, holiday recipes, or even just a weekday side dish for dinner. It is made with ingredients that you probably already have in your home and you will be amazed at how many people will adore this recipe. In fact, I bet it will be the star of the show!
A bit of backstory about this cream corn recipe:
My super awesome big sister started making this delicious side dish a couple years ago and it is the MOST REQUESTED side dish of family dinners! It’s heavenly, fattening, and even more heavenly. You WILL want seconds – I promise.
How to Make Homemade Cream Corn
Don’t worry! It’s easy to make and the ingredients are very simple. I could just go to the kitchen and make it right now!
There are so many times that I have been invited to potlucks or spur of the moment get-togethers and I had no idea what to make (side dish ideas aren’t often my strong suit). Well, this side dish recipe is now one of my go-to dishes! People usually ask me for the recipe and they are surprised when they learn how simple it really is – only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
5-Step Cream Corn Recipe
- Mix together the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper, and butter in a sauce pan
- Separately mix the milk and flour
- Stir it all together
- Let it cook (be sure to cook it long enough so that it can get thick, but it shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes or so). If it’s under-cooked, it will be runny.
- Add the freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and you are set!
This homemade cream corn is the perfect side dish as the weather starts to get a little cooler because it is warm and toasty. It will heat your body right up and keep your tummy happy – total comfort food!
More Side Dish Ideas:
- Little Caesar’s Crazy Bread Copycat Recipe
- Lemon Herb Potato Salad Recipe
- Our Favorite Zucchini Recipes
- Pea Salad Recipe
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
Would you like to see more of our recipes? Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Homemade Cream Corn Recipe
- 20 ounces frozen corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Add frozen corn, heavy cream, salt, sugar, pepper, and butter to a large pot.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the 1/2 cup milk and flour (this is what will help thicken the cream). Stir into corn mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring often so the cream doesn't burn, until mixture is thickened and corn cooked through. If you don't cook it until it's thickened, it will be runny (although it will still taste wonderful).
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!
Get the cream nice and thick before you keep warm in a slow cooker, if you are taking it to a gathering. Can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd!