10 Minute Air Fryer Ham Quesadilla
What can you put in a quesadilla?
Quesadillas are cheese tortillas. But there are so many more things you can put in a quesadilla than just cheese. Today I am going to keep it simple and quick and share with you my favorite ham and cheese quesadilla recipe that you can make in the air fryer.
This recipe is perfect if you are looking for a flawlessly crunchy and quick snack, lunch, or dinner that you can whip up in 10 minutes.
Ham & Cheese Quesadilla Ingredients
The ingredients you need for a ham and cheese quesadilla are so simple. Can you guess what they are?
To make one ham and cheese quesadilla in the air fryer, you need:
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2-3 slices of ham (or lunch meat of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese – or any cheese flavor of your choice. Monterey jack cheese, Colby Jack cheese, Swiss cheese, Mozzarella cheese, or even Cotija cheese are all great options.
- Oil of choice – typically quesadillas are made with butter. You can melt butter and brush it on the tortillas with a baster brush, if desired.
Can you use olive oil instead of butter for quesadillas?
Normally, quesadillas are fried on the stove top with butter, but because we are frying it in the air fryer, I like to use olive oil in my reusable oil sprayer bottle instead of melted butter on my quesadilla.
If you don’t have olive oil, here are a few other oils you can use that have a high smoke point:
- avocado oil
- canola oil
- sunflower oil
Peanut oil is another great oil, however, it has a strong peanut flavor. So, if you don’t want to have some peanut infused flavors in your quesadilla, I don’t recommend using peanut oil for this recipe.
How to make a ham and cheese quesadilla in the air fryer?
It is so easy to make a quesadilla in the air fryer. Here are three simple steps for assembling and frying an air fryer ham and cheese quesadilla.
Step 1. Oil
Spray the air fryer basket with a little olive or avocado oil.
Step 2. Layer
Place the tortilla in the air fryer basket. Layer on the ham, sprinkle on the shredded cheese, the second tortilla. Then spritz with additional oil.
Step 3. Air fry
Air fry at 360 degrees F or 182 degrees C for 4-6 minutes, or until the tortilla is crispy and cheese is melty to your liking. If needed, you can flip the tortilla halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking on both sides of the quesadilla.
How do I make my food not blown around in the air fryer?
Because quesadillas are pretty light weight, the air flow of the air fryer may cause the food to blow around in the air fryer basket. To make sure the food doesn’t blow around in the air fryer, I like to use either a wire rack that came in an air fryer accessories kit or toothpicks.
There are many different ways that you can beef up your ham quesadillas. Take out your favorite toppings and serve a simple ham and cheese quesadilla with some, tomatoes, avocados, jalapenos or hot sauce for a spicy kick, sour cream and salsa (my personal favorite), bacon crumbs, cilantro, green onions, or tomato basil soup (or any soup of your choice).
Ham and cheese quesadilla is a quick and easy air fryer recipe that is so fun to make! This recipe is perfect if you are looking for a fun snack to make with your kids or if you need a quick and simple dinner recipe in less than 10 minutes.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Easy 3 Ingredient Ramen Noodle Stir Fry Recipe (Air Fryer Instructions)
- Simple Cowboy Casserole Dinner in the Air Fryer
- 4 Ingredient Crescent Roll Meatball Dinner Recipe in the Air Fryer
- The Best Air Fryer Avocado Toast Recipe
Simple air fryer tips
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Get more tasty and easy air fryer recipes in the Yummy Air Fryer Recipes Cookbook!
Ham and Cheese Quesadilla (Air Fryer Instructions)
- 2 tortillas
- 2-3 slices ham or protein of your choice
- ¼ cup cheese any flavor of cheese - I love cheddar cheese, Colby jack cheese, Monterey jack cheese, or Mozzarella cheese
- oil avocado or olive oil works best
- Spray the air fryer basket.
- Place the tortilla in the air fryer basket. Add ham, cheese, then another tortilla. Spray with oil.
- Keep the quesadilla down with an air fryer wire rack or tooth picks.
- Air fry at 360 °F for 4-6 minutes, or until the tortilla is crispy and cheese is melty to your liking.