Air Fryer Ham and Egg Cups
The air fryer is great for breakfast like this perfectly simple Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Cups recipe.
What I love about breakfast is you can whip it up quickly (most times) and with things you already have around.
It doesn’t have to be fancy with a bunch of different spices for this recipe to be a simple go-to breakfast that will hit the spot.
Plus, it has pretty easy cleanup when you use the ramekins to cook the egg cups too!
You can check out my other great air fryer snacks and sides recipes to make like this recipe in your air fryer too!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Ham and Egg Cups:
- Stick butter, at room temperature
- Slices bread of favorite bread
- Slices of favorite breakfast ham
- Black pepper to taste
- Favorite shredded cheese (optional)
Can I double this recipe?
If you have a bigger family you will definitely have to double this recipe.
What is great about it is that you can make as many as you need or have ingredients for!
You will, however, need to bake in batches depending on the size of your air fryer and how many ramekins you have.
Can I put other ingredients in the egg cups?
Most definitely you can! Honestly, you can put whatever you like. Change up each one, or keep them the same. Either way, they are going to be super tasty.
Here are some suggestions for other fillings for the egg cups:
- Deli turkey
- Roasted peppers
- MORE cheese
- Cooked ground sausage
- Bacon bits
How to make Air Fryer Ham and Egg Cups:
Step 1: Prep the ramekins and bread
Start by making sure to butter each ramekin dish to avoid the bread from sticking in the cups.
Once you have the ramekins prepped, flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin. Then line the inside and bottom of the ramekin with a piece or two of bread.
Step 2: Add egg cup ingredients
Cut your favorite breakfast ham into slices so that it fits inside the ramekins. Then line the inside of the bread with the ham slices.
Once you have that done, crack one egg into each ramekin.
Salt and pepper to your liking and then top the egg with as much or as little shredded cheese as you desire.
Step 3: Cook the ham and egg cups
When you have the ramekins filled how you’d like, place them in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes at 320 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
After the cooking time of 10 minutes is up, the yolk will still be a bit runny. Scramble the eggs with a fork carefully trying not to spill it over the sides.
Then, close the air fryer basket and air fry the egg cups for an additional 3-5 minutes or until done.
Carefully remove the ramekins from the air fryer basket. Let cool slightly so you can easily handle the ramekin dish.
Then remove the ham and egg cups from the ramekins and enjoy!
Air Fryer Breakfast
Now that school is starting, having quick breakfast options will be essential to making sure you can get out the door on time for school.
Take a look at these and give them a shot for breakfast during the week.
Quick breakfast recipes:
- Mini Breakfast Pizzas
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Breakfast Bowl in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Eggs in a Hole
This recipe has quickly become a favorite of mine. Not only is it simple, but I can make it for 1-5 people with no problem at all.
Which if you ask me is great for those busy mornings when not everyone is in a great mood and wanting to eat the same thing. I can whip this up fast with little to no prep ahead of time.
We made this with ham, but what else would you put in it that your family would like?
The best breakfast recipes for the air fryer:
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Ham and Egg Cups
- Rolling Pin
- 4 ramekins 6 oz
- Butter each ramekin dish.
- Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin. Then line the inside and bottom of the ramekin with a piece or two of bread.
- Slice your favorite breakfast ham into slices. Then line the inside of the bread with the ham slices.
- Crack one egg into each ramekin. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with shredded cheese if desired.
- Place in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes at 320 °F.
- After 10 minutes, the yolk is still runny. Scramble the eggs with a fork. Close the air fryer basket and air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes or until done.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer basket. Let cool slightly so you can easily handle the ramekin dish. Then remove the ham and egg cups from the ramekins and enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!