How to Make a Delicious Breakfast Tortilla TikTok Wrap in the Air Fryer
The Best TikTok Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
Almost a year ago, I met up with my friend Kristen from Six Sister’s Stuff and we made several different TikTok recipes. One of my favorites was the taco foldover quesadilla. This recipe was so easy to make and is a great idea for when you have leftover ingredients. After trying that recipe, I knew I wanted to see what other ingredients we could try in a foldover quesadilla. As such, here is today’s breakfast recipe- breakfast wrap TikTok tortilla fold edition!
Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Wrap
Our family loves breakfast wraps because they are easy, delicious, and packed with great flavors. Nothing beats a simple egg and bacon breakfast. And this tasty breakfast foldover wrap really just makes it way more fun to eat breakfast!
This air fryer recipe is quick and easy, especially if you follow the few tips and tricks that’ll I’ll be sharing with you today. Keep reading to learn how to make the best breakfast wrap in the air fryer or head over to my YouTube channel and make it with me.
Homemade Breakfast Wrap Ingredients
I love this recipe because the ingredients are simple and savory. For a quick breakfast wrap that serves 4, you will need:
- 4 soft flour tortillas- I like to get the kind that is taco sized
- 6 eggs
- ¼-½ cup milk
- Bacon strips or Sausage Strips
- Pico de Gallo or salsa, to taste
- Cheese, to taste- use your favorite kind, such as cheddar cheese, Colby or Monterrey jack cheese, feta cheese, etc!
How to Make a TikTok Breakfast Tortilla Foldover?
There are three things you’ll want to consider when making this recipe so that you can cook it FAST.
Tip #1: Prepare the ingredients ahead of time
Just like the taco foldover quesadilla, this recipe is great if you have leftover. You can actually cook the eggs on a skillet on the stovetop the night before and store them in the air-tight container. While you make the eggs, cook the bacon in the air fryer. Store the bacon in an air tight container in the refrigerator as well.
Now, you will be able to enjoy breakfast at anytime!
Tip #2: Cook the bacon in the air fryer
I love to cook bacon in the air fryer because it requires so little effort and it WAY easier to clean up than on stovetop or in the oven.
Here are a few tips for cooking bacon in air fryer.
- Place foil underneath the air fryer basket to catch any excess grease.
- If your air fryer is still pretty new, place bread or a little bit of water underneath the air fryer basket instead. The bread or water will soak up the grease and keep the air fryer from smoking. However, I’ve noticed that I don’t need to do this as often because I’ve been cooking with my air fryer more.
- It’s okay if the bacon touches each other. I used to be so particular about not letting food touch in the air fryer. However, I’ve noticed with some recipes, like air fryer bacon, it is okay if they touch. It will all cook up the same.
How to fold a TikTok tortilla?
Step #1: Cut the tortilla
When you are ready to assemble the tortilla. Make a slit in the tortilla from the center to one side of the tortilla. This means that the cut is the length of the radius of the tortilla.
Step #2: Place the ingredients in each quarter of the tortilla
While the order doesn’t really matter, I like to place the egg on the first quarter or the sides closest to the initial cut. Then, in the next quarter, I place the bacon. Next, the pico de gallo. And last, the cheese.
Step #3: Fold the tortilla
Fold the tortilla by folding each quarter over the next. For example, start with the egg and fold it onto the bacon. Then take that triangle and fold it onto the pico de gallo. Lastly, take this section and fold it on top of the cheese. You should have formed a triangle by now.
How long to cook breakfast wrap in air fryer?
Once your foldover tortilla is assembled, folded, and ready to go in the air fryer, lightly spray the air fryer basket or place a piece of parchment paper inside the air fryer basket.
Cook the tortillas in the air fryer basket at 370˚F/185˚C for 5 minutes, or until the tortilla reaches desired crunchiness or crispiness and the cheese is melted.
When do I use Air Fryer Parchment Paper?
I love to use air fryer parchment paper anytime I cook with cheese so that any cheese that cooks onto the air fryer basket will actually cook onto the parchment paper. This makes cleaning up a breeze because I don’t have to scrub off any burnt or cooked cheese off of my air fryer basket!
Learn more about air fryer parchment paper in this YouTube video!
Crispy Breakfast Tortilla Foldover Recipe
Another great thing about this air fryer breakfast recipe is that you can totally adapt the ingredients to your very own favorites! Need a dairy free option? Cook the eggs without milk and don’t add cheese. Try a corn tortilla instead of a flour. Or add a little bit of sautéed veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini), hash browns, hot sauce, or spinach. Then, top with your favorites, such as avocado, sour cream, tomato, or even good old ketchup.
Share with us in the comments below how you will be making this recipe!
More of my favorite breakfast recipes in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Breakfast Bomb
- Air Fryer Crustless Quiche
- Lemon Berry Baked Oatmeal in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
Air fryer tips, tricks, and how-tos
- Air Fryer 101
- The Top 12 Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Accessories That You Need
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
Crunchy Breakfast Wrap Foldover in the Air Fryer
- 4 soft flour tortillas taco sized
- 6 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 8-12 slices bacon
- pico or salsa to taste
- cheese to taste
- Whisk together the eggs with the milk. Cook the eggs on the stovetop. You basically want 4 big chunks of scrambled eggs, about a quarter size of the tortilla you are using.
- Cook the bacon. Place the bacon strips in the air fryer basket and cook at 400˚F/200˚C for 5-7 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare the tortilla. Cut the radius of the tortilla, from the middle to one of the edges.
- Assemble the wrap. Place the egg on a quarter of the tortilla next to the cut you just made. In the next quarter, place the bacon. In the third quarter, place the pico or salsa. In the last quarter, place the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla. Fold the tortilla by folding each quarter over the other, starting with the egg, until you have a triangle formed.
- Cook in the air fryer. Lightly spray the air fryer basket and place the tortilla wrap inside. Lightly spray the top of the wrap and cook at 370˚F/185˚C for 5 minutes, or until the tortilla reaches desired crunchiness and the cheese is melted.
Comments & Reviews
Hi, do we have to use a special ‘air fryer parchment paper’ or is the regular parchment paper we use for baking the same? Thank you
Hi Rosa, great question! You can use regular parchment paper, but make sure that it has holes so that the air can flow. You can learn more about this in this video- https://youtu.be/DYrABwp8myc
Thank you for everything you post, especially when your You Tube segments have your kids, cant wait to share with my 10 & 11 yr. old granddaughters! Just received your latest cookbook,fantastic recipes! Have you ever thought of doing a cookbook just for kids, would make a great Christmas gift to give them or really for any occasion Thank
you again,. Sharon
Hi Sharon, thank you for your support! I hope your granddaughters love it. A kids recipe cookbook is such a fun idea and one I’ll have to think more about!