Easy Breakfast Wrap Recipe with TikTok Tortilla Fold
Tortilla Breakfast Wrap (TikTok Tortilla Fold)
Several years ago, I met up with my friend Kristen from Six Sister’s Stuff and we made different trending TikTok recipes. One of my favorites was the taco foldover quesadilla. This recipe was so easy to make and is a great idea for when you have leftover ingredients.
After trying that recipe, I knew I wanted to see what other ingredients we could try in a foldover quesadilla. As such, here is today’s breakfast recipe- breakfast wrap featuring the TikTok tortilla fold edition!
What does a breakfast wrap contain?
The ingredients are simple and savory for a breakfast wrap. You can use a variety of ingredients. I recommend:
- soft flour tortillas- taco sized or burrito sized
- Bacon strips or Sausage Strips
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Cheese – such as cheddar cheese, Colby or Monterrey jack cheese, feta cheese, etc!
How to Make a Viral Wrap?
Here are three tips for making a breakfast tiktok wrap.
Tip #1: Prepare the ingredients ahead of time
This recipe is great if you have leftover ingredients. Or you can prepare the ingredients the night before.
Cook the eggs on a skillet. Then, store the eggs in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Tip #2: Cook the bacon in the air fryer
While you make the eggs, cook the bacon in the air fryer.
Here are a few tips for cooking bacon in air fryer.
- Place foil underneath the air fryer basket to catch any excess grease.
- If your air fryer is still new, place bread or a little bit of water underneath the air fryer basket . The bread or water will soak up the grease and keep the air fryer from smoking.
- It’s okay if the bacon overlaps. The bacon will shrink as it cooks.
How to make a Wrap Step by Step
Step #1: Cut the tortilla
When you are ready to make your breakfast tiktok wrap, lay out your tortilla. Make a slit in the tortilla from the center to one side of the tortilla. This means that the cut is the length of the radius of the tortilla.
Step #2: Place the ingredients in each quarter of the tortilla
While the order doesn’t really matter, I like to place the egg on the first quarter or the sides closest to the initial cut. Then, in the next quarter, place the bacon. Next, the pico de gallo. And last, the cheese.
Step #3: Fold the tortilla
Fold the tortilla by folding each quarter over the next. For example, start with the egg and fold it onto the bacon. Then take that triangle and fold it onto the pico de gallo. Lastly, take this section and fold it on top of the cheese.
You will end up with a tortilla triangle.
How long to cook breakfast wrap in air fryer?
Air fry the tortillas in the air fryer basket at 370˚F/185˚C for 5 minutes, or until the tortilla is golden brown and reaches desired crunchiness and the cheese is melted.
Pro Tip: Lightly spray the air fryer basket or place parchment paper inside the air fryer basket.
When do I use Air Fryer Parchment Paper?
I love to use air fryer parchment paper anytime I cook with cheese so that the cheese does not cook onto the air fryer basket. This makes cleaning up a breeze because I don’t have to scrub off any burnt or cooked cheese off of my air fryer basket!
Just lift the parchment paper out of the air fryer basket.
Get your own Cathy-approved air fryer parchment paper.
More Ideas for a Breakfast Crunch Wrap
This tiktok inspired breakfast wrap is awesome because you can switch out the ingredients with your own favorites! For example:
- Sautéed veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini)
- Hash browns
- hot sauce
Or if you need a dairy free option? Cook the eggs without milk and don’t add cheese.
Similarly, use a corn tortilla instead of a flour for a gluten-free version.
Top your crunchwrap with diced avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, tomato, salsa, peppers, etc.
More of my favorite breakfast recipes in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Breakfast Bomb
- Air Fryer Crustless Quiche
- Lemon Berry Baked Oatmeal in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
Air fryer tips, tricks, and how-tos
- Air Fryer 101
- The Top 12 Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Accessories That You Need
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Crunchy Breakfast Wrap (TikTok Tortilla Foldover)
- Whisk together the eggs with the milk. Cook the eggs on the stovetop. You basically want 4 big chunks of scrambled eggs, about a quarter size of the tortilla you are using.
- Cook the bacon. Place the bacon strips in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 °F for 5-7 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare the tortilla. Cut the radius of the tortilla, from the middle to one of the edges.
- Assemble the wrap. Place the egg on a quarter of the tortilla next to the cut you just made. In the next quarter, place the bacon. In the third quarter, place the pico or salsa. In the last quarter, place the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla. Fold the tortilla by folding each quarter over the other, starting with the egg, until you have a triangle formed.
- Air fry. Lightly spray the air fryer basket and place the tortilla wrap inside. Lightly spray the top of the wrap and air fry at 370 °F for 5 minutes, or until the tortilla is golden brown, the cheese is melted, and desired crunchiness is reached!