Amazon Prime Day vs Black Friday: What to Buy
I can’t wait for tomorrow… finally Amazon Prime Day.
Think of it like Black Friday – only earlier and better! This is the perfect time to get a head start on your holiday shopping and find all the best deals right on Amazon (make sure you have signed up for Amazon Prime to access all the great savings. Join hassle free. Cancel anytime.).
Be in the Know!
Don’t miss these posts we wrote for you to help you prepare for Amazon Prime Day!
- ENDS 10/12!! Spend $10 get $10 to spend on Prime Day.
- Tips to help you shop Prime Day like a PRO
- Prime Day Deals you can score NOW
- Amazon Lightning Deal Tips
- 7 Ways to Score FREE or Discounted Amazon Prime Membership
- How to use the Fab Frugal app to help YOU with your holiday shopping!
Holiday shopping is going to look very differently this year, and we predict that lots of HOT holiday deals will kick off with Prime Day week, and creep into the traditional Black Friday week. You should expect more online shopping competition over hot deals.
Plan for shipping or production delays as the holidays draw closer. Our advice: if it is something you cannot live without and definitely need for the holidays, BUY IT during Prime Week if you can. Look to Walmart (deals are live!), Target and Best Buy to be full throttle this week to compete with your shopping dollars.
What?? Does this mean NO Black Friday??
Many big retailers from Walmart to Target to Best Buy have announced that they will be stores that will be closed Thanksgiving Day, and that likely means that in-store Black Friday shopping will be strongly cut back. We think that most stores will offer hot online sales, switching from a huge sale to multiple sales.
What to Buy During Amazon Prime Day
First things first… make sure you get the Fabulessly Frugal app and set up your deal alerts!
- Download our FREE app [CLICK HERE!]
- Tap to select the types of deals you want to know about
- Sit back and relax… we’ll do all the work.
Tech and Gaming ESPECIALLY Amazon Tech
- Amazon announced 60+ new products, and we look to see these bundles or with free services, like a trial of FreeTime or Kindle or Music Unlimited. Amazon also offers trade-in promotion.
- Buy those HOT consoles and games now or risk NOT getting them for the holidays.
- Amazon offered up to 30% off on Amazon-brand household goods in 2019.
- From Prime Video to Home Office to Remote Learning and Groceries + MORE
- Discounted Fitbits and other fitness trackers like Versa and Inspire should be discounted.
- We expect to see the Fitbit Ionic, Versa and Inspire for up to $50 off. Best Buy and Target usually also offer deals on fitness trackers.
- Usually toy deals get better the closer we get to Christmas. This year I would NOT wait on things you REALLY want.
- 2019 offered up to: 50% off Melissa and Doug toys, 30% off LEGO sets and 30% off on popular brands like Hatchimal and L.O.L.
- Up to 60% off!
What to Buy During Black Friday
- Black Friday will likely offer you better deals than Prime Day on linens and bedding.
- Amazon Prime Day will offer HOT deals on the likes of Instant Pots, KitchenAids and air fryers — BUT we predict HOT deals on these and good selection through Black Friday.
- We give the nod on this one to Black Friday BECAUSE stores like Kohl’s and Macy’s have historically had BETTER deals on bedding, kitchen appliances and home decor on Black Friday week., Kohl’s has been the unchallenged winner for Black Friday discounts because of their Kohl’s Cash incentives on top of the high discount.
- Clothing is not at the top of our shopping list this year, and look for deep discounts as we approach Black Friday as retailers look to move inventory.
- Expect 60-70% off certain fashion brands and clothing styles on Amazon and other competitors’ sites during Black Friday.
- AGAIN, If you need a TV, tablet, laptop or computer as a Christmas present, then do NOT wait until Black Friday.
- If you don’t mind the possibility of an eight to 10-week delay, Black Friday will be a FAB time to save big on 2020 model TVs and computers.
- Walmart usually dominates the TV and tech deals for Black Friday, but we wouldn’t be surprised if Best Buy and Target stepped it up this year.
Prime day starts tonight at midnight PT (October 13th). Start your shopping with us when Amazon starts.
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again