How to Get the Best 2019 Amazon Prime Day Deals + Predictions + Hot in 2018
Be sure to bookmark our Amazon Prime Day 2019 Deals database to save you a ton of time! We scour the deals and share just the best Amazon Prime Day deals! Read on to learn some tips and tricks, PLUS how you can win Amazon gift cards! (We’ll have FORTY winners!) AND below I will share what the hot items of 2018 were and some Prime Day Deals that we expect to see! BRING IT!
Amazon Prime Day 2019
We don’t have an exact date for Amazon Prime Day 2019 yet. Last year Prime Day started at 1 PM MST/3 PM EST (July 16th) and ran a full 36 hours! In 2019, we’re expecting Amazon to likely expand Prime Day 2019 from 36 hours to 48 hours or more. We are predicting that it will run July 15 mid-day until at least mid-day July 17…and possible the end of the day!
It’s 48 hours of AWESOME DEALS people! Make sure you come here when it starts because we’ll be sifting through thousands of deals and posting a few hundred of the very best!
If you’re not familiar with Amazon Prime Day, read on. If you want some tips on how to stay within your budget, go read tip #5! If you want to learn how to win some amazon gift cards, scroll to tip #8!
Amazon Prime Day FAQ’s
- What is Amazon Prime Day?
- What are the requirements to participate?
- What is new about Amazon Prime Day 2019?
- What are the best strategies for shopping Amazon Prime Day?
- What kinds of deals will be there be?
- How can I get the best Prime Day deals and how do I sign up for INSTANT HOT DEAL ALERTS
PS – I’ve got 40 AMAZON GIFT CARDS that I am giving away now through PRIME DAY! In fact, 25 of them are DURING the Prime Day 48 hour sale! All you need to do is vote for your favorite Amazon deals (more on this later on).
#1: What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is an online event where record breaking deals will be published for 48 hours to celebrate the 25th birthday of Amazon. In 2018, they made it 6 hours longer than the 2017 Prime Day! We are looking for more hours this year! Amazon Prime Day started back in 2015 as a way to celebrate 20 years in business. Because the company saw SO much success, they decided to keep doing it every year in July to give thanks to their customers and help them find the best deals around (and let’s be honest, they make a stink load of money too).
#2: What Are the Requirements to Participate in Amazon Prime Day?
You need to be a member of Amazon Prime in order to get these deals! I LOVE AMAZON PRIME! It is $119 for a year subscription and you get SO many benefits. There are a few ways to save if you’re not currently a prime member. According to Amazon, its 1-day Prime shipping is available coast to coast on more than 10 million products with no minimum purchase required.
- You can get a FREE 30 day trial of Prime RIGHT NOW. All you need to do is sign up for this free trial BEFORE Amazon Prime Day! With your free subscription, you can gain access to all the deals that will be available. Here is the key though! After you sign up for the 30 Day Free Trial, it will automatically renew and charge you the $119 once the 30 days are up! SO, if you are not wanting to buy a year subscription (which, I really think you should because it is worth it!) make sure you cancel your subscription before the 30 days are up! If not, you will be charged! Canceling is SUPER easy if you decide Prime is not for you!
- Students with an .edu email can get a membership for only $60 and they can also get a free Amazon Prime Student 6 Month Trial!
- Already used the free trial? If you’ve cancelled a Prime membership in the past 12 months, you don’t qualify for the free 30-day trial. BUT, You now have the option to sign up for Prime month to month. So for $12.99, you can participate in the Prime Day sale AND enjoy all the other benefits of Prime for a whole month!
#3: What was going on for Amazon Prime Day 2018?
Length of Sale: The 2018 Prime Day celebration lasted 36 hours! In 2017, it was only 30 hours long and in 2016 it was 24 hours long. Who knows what will be this year for 2019… or even in 2020! Maybe my then it’ll be a week long, just like Black Friday has now turned into Black Friday Week! (have mercy on me!)
- Monday, July 16 (2018) – Started at 3 pm ET and ran for 36 hours. Sales included Whole Foods deals!
- Monday, July 10 (2017) – Started at 9 pm ET and ran for 30 hours. Now in 13 countries.
- Tuesday, July 12 (2016) – Started at 2:59 am ET. Amazon introduced exclusive Alexa deals.
- Wednesday, July 15 (2015) – Started at 2:59 am ET. First ever Prime Day!
Amazon Prime Day 2018 had a REALLY rough start! Just minutes after the sales began, Amazon’s website suffered a 15-minute total outage, and outages were intermittent for a few hours. Amazon was able to finally fix it, but as with any major online holiday, be ready for anything! I like to put things I know I will want in my cart in advance, so I have them handy when they go on sale! Remember that patience goes a long way, and that NO DEAL is worth ruining a good day, so roll with the punches and any glitches that happen!
Pre-Prime Day Deals in 2018: In 2018, Amazon released some pre-Prime Day deals. The deals commenced on the last week of June and lasted through the start of Prime Day. The best ones last through the end of Prime Day. We expect some of these, especially the discounts on the Amazon plans like Amazon Music and Kindle Unlimited, to reappear in 2019.
Whole Foods Deals: In 2018, Prime Members got an extra 10% off sale items at Whole Foods. And they also offered a $10 voucher if you shopped at Whole Foods before July 17, and spent at least $10! Members used this $10 voucher during the Prime Day sale on Amazon to snag better deals!
- $100 off Echo Show Prime Day Deal
- 60% off Audible for 3 Months – $4.95/mo (Reg $14.95)
- 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $.99 (Reg $30)
- 3 months of Amazon Kindle Unlimited for $.99 (Reg $30)
- 3 months of FreeTime Unlimited for $2.99 (Reg $30)
- Amazon Twitch Prime offered Free Games for Prime Members
- July 12: Up to 40% Off Women’s Fashion
- July 12: Up to 50% Off Calvin Klein Kids and Baby Apparel
- July 13: Up to 30% Off Women’s Intimates and Sleepwear
- July 13: Up to 50% Off Calvin Klein Accessories, Shoes, and Fragrance
- July 14: Up to 30% Off Women’s Swimwear
- July 14: Up to 50% Off Calvin Klein Jeans, Shirts, and More
- July 15: Up to 40% Off Premium Activewear
- July 15: Up to 50% Off Calvin Klein Underwear
- and more… (see the most recent Amazon Deals HERE)
#4: What are the best strategies for shopping Amazon Prime Day 2019 Lightning Deals?
This day is complete MADNESS, but my team and I will be here to help you all along the way! What you can expect is that hundreds of thousands of items will have reduced prices for just one-two days! On top of the normal discounted deals, you’ll also find Lightning Deals. On Prime Day, there are THOUSANDS of lightning deals being released every FIVE MINUTES! Some are exceptional and others are just “meh”. The great ones sell out FAST.
Here are some tips for getting Amazon Lightning Deals. And make sure that you purchase the lightning deals immediately after claiming the item. Well, you’ve got 15 minutes to get it done, otherwise you’ll lose it. The good thing about that is if you are a little late to the game and the product is “sold out”, you can “join waitlist” and every time people lose their claim, the person who is next on the waitlist will get the opportunity to buy! So always join the waitlist if you initially miss the deal.
#5: Amazon Prime Day TOP Shopping Strategies to Score FAB Deals
- PLAN AHEAD! Take a minute and write out a list of items that you need, want, or have been dying to have. Think about Christmas, or back to school, or upcoming birthdays and weddings, or just things you need around the house. This should help you focus and not overspend your budget. Something is not a good deal if you have to go into debt for it!
- Set a budget and choose to stay within it.
- Make Payments for FREE! Many of the Amazon tech items will offer you 5 equal monthly payments with no fees or interest!
- Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish. For expensive purchases, always consider the extended warranty that is offered. Usually they are very inexpensive to purchase and give you extra peace of mind beyond the warranty period.
- Bookmark our Amazon Deals Page and use our filter during the Prime Day sale to see if anything you need is showing up (here are some tips for using our filter)! If you just try and look through all the deals, you will be stuck searching for HOURS and may end up missing the deals that you really were needing and wanting.
- Found something you think is a good deal? Use Google shopping guides to price compare and determine if it really is a good deal or not.
#6: Will other retailers have sales of their own?
Amazon has managed to make Prime Day into a Black Friday-like holiday. Other retailers like Walmart, Target and Best Buy have held Prime Day-like sales of their own and are likely to do so again. One retailer to watch this year is Walmart, which recently launched next-day shipping in Las Vegas and Phoenix, with plans to expand to all major U.S. cities by year’s end. And Target just announced it is expanding its same-day delivery via Shipt to offer 65,000 items.
#7: What Kinds of Deals Will There Be?
Amazon Prime Deals: Unfortunately, we cannot reveal EXACTLY what deals will be happening this year because Amazon has the deals under lock and key! BUT, I can share the top deals that Fabulessly Frugal readers have enjoyed in 2018, and my 2019 prediction on some of them!
Shipping is FREE with Prime, but here is a BIG change from 2018: 1-Day Amazon Prime shipping is now available coast to coast on more than 10 million products with no minimum purchase required, so you can get your stuff FASTER than 2 days in many cases!
Alexa Deals: Not only can Alexa tell you the day’s top deals, but you can also purchase them via any Alexa-powered device. There will be some deals that are exclusively available via voice Alexa purchase. Alexa voice shopping is about convenience. We think you’re better off making most purchases the traditional way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Top Deals from Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Priced at $19.99, the Fire TV Stick was THE top-selling device on Prime Day 2018!
- This was closely followed by the Echo Dot (3rd Generation) on sale for $29.99 and the Fire TV Stick 4K Uktra HD for $34.99
- Both the Echo Dot 3rd Generation and Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra HD have already hit their Prime Day 2018 prices this year, so we are looking for lower prices and bundled options. in 2018 we scored a 2-Pack of Echo Dots for $49.98, and the newest Echo was on sale Buy 2, Save $80 – just $119.98 for the pair.
- Tablets should also be a popular bundled item. In 2018, we saw the Kindle Fire 7 on sale 3 for $79.97, saving $20 over the sale price of $29.99, and the Kindle HD 8 saved $100 when you snagged 3 for $139.97. Plus we had a Buy 3, save $160 on Fire HD 10 tablets.
- We think that we will have similar prices to 2018 on most of the Amazon tech items, but there should be a few deals that better than 2018 For example, the Fire TV Cube was recently priced $20 less than it was last year when it was $89.99, and the full-size Echo smart speaker is currently $64.99 — $5 below Prime Day 2018, and the lowest price ever offered.
- Electric Pressure Cookers continued to be a most wanted item in 2018! The Instant Pot DUO 6-Quart 7-in-1 was the top seller of the whole line — and is currently ONLY $59.95! Hopefully we will see another good deal on the Instant Pots.
- 23andMe DNA Tests were hot in 2018, with the premium kit for health and ancestry discounted to $99.99 (from its full price of $199.99)
- Prime Day 2018 was another hot one for RoboVacs! The iRobot Roomba Vacuum w/ Alexa was only $229.99 (Reg. $349.99) and it is currently $238. It would shock me if we do not see some nice deals on RoboVacs this year.
More of the deals Fabulessly Frugal readers loved in 2018 were:
- Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner was ONLY $14 and is currently $19.99
- LifeStraws priced at only $9.99 – $14.99 now
- One of my FAVORITE things! Thermos Funtainer 10 Ounce Food Jars were on sale!
- The Tile Sport – Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder 4-Pack was under $25! Currently $42 for the 4-pack!
- When you bought a Kindle Ebook, you snagged up to $20 Off your next Kindle Ebook
- Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD Card with Adapter was $13.99 – Currently even less at $11.71
- 6 Months of Amazon Music Unlimited was offered FREE with purchase of select Echo Devices!
- Magazine Subscriptions were only 99 Cents for lots of popular publications!
- Samsonite Spinner Luggage Up To 70% Off!
- Ninja Professional Blender was half price at $49.99 – currently $59
- $5 Off Your $20 Purchase Of Print Books + Free Shipping is a FAB deal we saw in 2018 as well. Hoping for a repeat in 2019!
- Lots of you snagged deals on American Girl Full Sized Doll & Book Sets for $123.73 (Reg. $164.98)! Hopefully they are going to offer a discount this year as well!
- Diaper Deals were HOT in 2018. Expect lots of hot deals in Baby – and look for a nice deal for the Baby Registry on Prime Day 2019 as they did in 2017 and 2018. Make sure you take advantage Amazon Family as it snags you 20% off on some items like diapers and wipes when you Subscribe & Save! It is FREE to sign up.
Predictions for Amazon Prime Day 2019
- Deals are Everywhere – Members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries.
- The best items to buy on Prime Day are Amazon devices, like Kindle, Alexa Enabled Items like Echo, and Fire TV
- We also expect to see great deals on Smart TVs, Apple tech, and integrated smart home devices like plugs, lights, and RoboVacs.
- Air Fryers made a big impression over the holiday season in 2018, and we expect a strong deal showing for this category in 2019. We also look for deals on Instant Pot and other pressure cookers!
- More items expected to have exciting deals this year are Ring Doorbells and Home Security Cameras
- We predict there will be more Whole Foods deals than ever on Prime Day.
- We also expect to see Prime Now discounts on same day delivery (as soon as an hour!), especially for members who haven’t used the delivery service before.
- There should be deals on services like Amazon Music Unlimited, Kindle Unlimited and Audible
- Lots of TVs – The deal inventory of TVs will be nearly 2x than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Toys All Day – Members in the U.S. will find toy deals nearly all day on Prime Day.
- Alexa Specials – Voice Only offers if you use an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or another Alexa enabled device
- More Sellers – MORE small business sellers around the world are participating in Prime Day this year.
- More to Watch – Members will find unbelievable deals on some of today’s top rated TV series and popular blockbuster films to rent or purchase and instantly stream on Amazon Video.
- Watch-A-Deal – Readily track and shop any deal while at home or on-the-go with the Amazon App.
- Sort by Category – Newly-enhanced deal shopping is designed to help customers swiftly sort deals by category.
- Tips and Tricks– Find helpful advice on how to shop on Prime Day
#8: How Can I get the BEST Prime Day Deals and How Will Fabulessly Frugal Help me on Amazon Prime Day?
This is my favorite part… we have built an automated system so that we can send you Facebook Messenger notifications for the VERY BEST DEALS!!! Woot! There are two easy ways to sign up for these HOT DEAL ALERTS:
- Go to any Fabulessly Frugal Facebook post and leave a comment that says PRIME. Moments later, you will get a chat message from me (it’s an automated bot). Follow the prompts in order to subscribe to the deals!
- Click HERE. It will take you to Facebook Messenger. Then click “Get Started” to wake the bot. Then select “Yes Please”. Then just click the deal category you want notifications for. It’s THAT EASY!
When you no longer want to receive notifications, you can just silence them in Facebook Messenger. You can view them any time, but you won’t get pinged by Messenger. OR you can unsubscribe by selecting “unsubscribe” on the Messenger menu within the chat with me.
This will be the MOST INSTANT way to learn about the HOTTEST DEALS!!!
My team and I are will be searching through Amazon ALL DAY and keep you updated so you know exactly what deals are up! We will spend the hours searching through the thousands of deals and we’ll post the ones that people like you will actually want!
Also make sure you follow Fabulessly Frugal on Facebook and turn your notifications on. I’ll be sharing direct links to some awesome lightning deals you won’t want to miss there!
WHY are we doing this? Well, because we’re online shopping addicts just like you are! 😀 Just kidding (kind of). We love shopping online and are genuinely excited about big sales like this! We love to help you by sorting through and finding the best deal. And YES, when you come to FabulesslyFrugal.com/deals and click on our links, we get a small commission when you purchase something. So shopping through our links helps support our team! So, thank you!
How To Win an Amazon Gift Card:
Simply come to the Deal Blog at Fabulessly Frugal, browse the deals and vote on your favorites! Winners are randomly selected and you will be notified INSTANTLY if you are a winner. You’ll get the gift card code right then! Yes, it’s that easy! Head here to learn ALL about how to vote and win a gift card! I love sharing amazon gift cards with you!
So, do your part, get prepped, and we will do the rest! Here’s to Black Friday in July!
Leave a comment and let me know what item(s) you’re hoping to find a deal on!
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again