21 Ways You Can Save and Make Money in 2021
Are you making financial goals for the new year? Here are 21 ideas to help you get started to live wealthy in 2021.
7 Ways to Save Money on Groceries:
1. Meal Plan. Meal planning will help you spend more wisely on your groceries and save you money. I love using the app Prepear to help me meal plan and shop for everything that I need for the week.
2. Buy the store brand of foods and items rather than name brand. It most cases, the store brand is just as good as name brand. Buy items at their cheapest price.
3. Buy meat in bulk and freeze. Buying in bulk can help you save a lot of money in the long run. Here are 27 ways to save money on meat.
4. Make Freezer meals. Freezer meals are a great way to save money on busy nights when you want take-out. Plus, it’s way healthier. Check out these amazing freezer meal recipes for inspiration to get you started.
5. Make a goal to not throw food away. Hold yourself to only making and eating what you will eat entirely. Or if you can’t eat it all, make sure you can store or freeze it for later.
6. Drink water. Drinking more water isn’t only healthier for you, but it will save you money on more expensive drinks
7. Purchase a reusable water bottle. This can help you drink more water and it will save you money if you like buying plastic water bottles. Check out these deals on my favorite water bottle brand.
How to Save Money on Material Purchases
8. Cancel unnecessary subscriptions. Are you subscribed to anything that you aren’t using? Or aren’t using enough to justify the cost of the subscription? Here are 6 ways to reduce your monthly bills and here is an old blog post about 14 ways to save more in 2019. 🙂
9. When debating a purchase, is it a need or want? A friend once taught me that if you’re debating a purchase to ask yourself if you’d use it the amount of times for each dollar it is worth. For example, if you are debating a purchase on a shirt that is $25, would you wear this shirt at least 25 times?
10. Invest your money in something else. When you want to make a purchase you are unsure about, ask yourself if the money would be better spent somewhere else. For example, could you put it into a savings account, an investment, or to pay off a debt? Here are 50 ways to save $50.
11. Ask for practical gifts. Ask for gifts this year that will actually add value to your home and life. This can help you save money on things you need.
How to Make More Money
12. Clean your home and sell what you can. Selling gently used items can help you earn extra cash. There are a lot of apps that you can sell items from, such as Poshmark, ThredUP, or even on Facebook. Learn 15 more ways you can save money on clothes
13. Start a side hustle. What talents and gifts do you have that you could make a profit out of? A side hustle when working from home offers a lot of flexibility as well. We have a ton of ideas of how to make money while working from home. I started blogging as a hobby way back in 2008 and it has turned into a 6 figure business that employs a team of 13 others who work from home!
15. Earn cash back for shopping. Check out apps like Ibotta or Ebates to get cash back before you check out. Here’s how you can save money at the grocery store without using coupons.
16. Watch videos and take surveys to earn free gift cards. You can do this with apps like Swagbucks.
More Great Money Saving Tips
17. Set up auto transfers to your savings account. Ensure that you put money away every month to a savings account will help you manage your spendings better and help you be prepared for a financial crisis. OR if you have more cash on hand, check out the $5 Savings Challenge… every time you get a 5 dollar bill, you save it rather than spend it!
18. Let others know about your budget goals. It’s okay to let others know how you want to live more frugally. They can keep you accountable and support you in your efforts. See all the frugal living tips we have.
19. Learn more about how you can save and make money from experts. There are so many free resources out there that can help you learn about managing your finances. Start with the money saving advice from Fabulessly Frugal!
20. Make memories with friends and family. Instead of spending money on a gift for someone, spend your time with them. Plan something fun that you can do together that is low-cost or even free. Go on a hike together, invite them over for a game or movie night, or even offer to watch their kids for them.
21. Set realistic money goals. Set goals for the year and at the beginning of each month. Create time to check in with yourself and adjust your goals or spending as necessary.
Learn more about living wealthy:
- 10 Bad Money Habits That Will Keep You Broke
- The Non-Cash Budget System: How It Works and Who It’s For
- How to Start a Blog and Make Money From Home
Save Money on the Stuff You Buy in 2021 in THREE Easy Steps!
- Download our FREE app [CLICK HERE!]
- Tap to select the types of deals you want to know about
- Sit back and relax… we’ll do all the work.
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again