Air Fryer Pancake Donuts Recipe
Try these Fluffy Air Fryer Pancake Donuts!
Take your pancakes to a next level with donut pancakes! Fluffy pancakes in donut shape topped with your favorite pancake toppings. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. I always love breakfast foods served for dinner too. 😉
You can use any fluffy pancake recipe to make pancake donuts in your air fryer. If the pancakes turn out light and fluffy, the batter will be perfect for pancake donuts.
How to Make Air Fryer Pancake Donuts
In these photos, I tripled the recipe and made 27 pancake donuts. That’s a lot of pancake donuts and a lot of baking sessions in the air fryer since I can only do 4 donuts at a time.
If you would like to make more than 9 (the yield of the recipe below), I recommend tripling the recipe and cooking pancakes on a griddle at the same you are air frying the pancake donuts. It won’t take as long as doing it all in the air fryer and you’ll still get some fun pancake donuts in the mix.
These pancakes are light and fluffy and indulgent all at the same time. The sour cream in there makes them so tender and delicious.
They are actually pretty easy to make though! Just a little whisking here and there, then stir it all together. The batter is done! It will be lumpy because you only want to stir until it is just combined. Don’t overmix or the pancakes will lose some of that delectable fluffiness.
How Long to Air Fry Pancake Donuts
Spoon the thick batter into the donut pan and fill each cavity about 3/4 full. These are 3-inch donut cavities – your yield and baking time may vary depending on the size of your donuts.
They are done when the tops are a nice, light golden brown, which is about 7-9 minutes at 320°F in my air fryer.
What kind of donut pan should I use?
You want to make sure the pan or mold will fit in your air fryer. If you have a basket air fryer, like the Cosori 5.8 Qt, a mold for four 3-inch donuts will work great.
I bought a silicone donut mold for six 3-inch donuts and cut it to fit. It is a good idea to cut a vent in the middle of the mold to help air circulate more evenly in the air fryer. Silicone donut molds are super affordable and easy to cut!
Obviously, these air fryer pancake donuts are awesome with any of your favorite pancake toppings, but here are a few ideas…
Donut pancake topping ideas:
- maple syrup with a dusting of powdered sugar
- sliced strawberries and whipped cream
- sliced bananas and caramel syrup
- buttermilk syrup and sprinkles
- cinnamon syrup
- peanut butter
Have some fun with it or stick to what you know you already like. Share your favorite pancake toppings with us in the comments!
See more of our favorite air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Pancake Donuts Recipe
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a spoon or spatula until just combined. The batter will be lumpy. Don't overmix. Let batter rest while you prepare the pan and preheat air fryer.
- Spray donut pan with cooking oil to help prevent the donut from sticking. Preheat air fryer for a few minutes.
- Spoon batter into each donut pan cavity until about 3/4 full. Bake in air fryer at 320°F for 7-9 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove.
- Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings!
Baking time may vary depending on the size of the donuts and your air fryer.
Recipe Adapted From: Mel's Kitchen Cafe