Air Fryer Bubble Pizza Recipe
If you are looking for a fun dinner recipe, make sure to start the weekend out right with pizza on the menu, especially when you are serving this air fryer bubble pizza recipe.
Air fryer bubble pizza is an easy and quick dinner recipe that can be prepared in minutes and completely done in under 30 minutes.
Serve this recipe as a tasty appetizer if you are hosting an event or get-together. Instead of putting the biscuits into one container, use some silicone cupcake liners and you will have a delicious snack to serve your guests.
Check out how to make this air fryer bubble pizza on our YouTube channel too!
Ingredients & Supplies Required
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
Since this is such a simple recipe and you will only need a few tools to make up this recipe. In this recipe, the most important is of course the air fryer. When making dinner in the air fryer, I work with the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer and absolutely love it.
Make sure to have these tools too:
- Medium mixing bowl
- Cutting board and knife
- Oven-safe baking dish (you can use either a cake barrel, ramekins, or even cupcake liners will work too!)
Choose Your Toppings
We love pepperoni pieces with this bubble pizza recipe, but pepperoni isn’t for everyone and that is okay! However, what is nice about this easy dinner is that you can change it to fit your family’s personal tastes.
Topping Ideas to Put on Air Fryer Bubble Pizza:
- Chopped pineapple
- Bacon bits
- Grilled chicken
- BBQ chicken
- Green peppers
- Banana peppers
- Onions (white or red)
However, I could go on and on, but you get the idea! Use what your family loves. Maybe try even switching out the pizza sauce for BBQ sauce or alfredo sauce and change this recipe completely.
Can I Use Pizza Dough Instead?
If you want to use pizza dough instead of the premade biscuits you are more than welcome to do so!
However, I will say that they probably won’t get that “bubble” effect that you will get with the biscuits, but they will still be delicious!
Be sure to keep an eye on the pizza though as the cooking time will probably be slightly different too, so be sure to keep an eye on them.
What About Frozen Biscuits?
If all you have is frozen biscuits on hand, they should work, but make sure to thaw them out before you need them.
But since part of the texture of the dish is the pieces of biscuits so you will need to be able to cut them up into quarters.
How to Make Air Fryer Bubble Pizza:
Step 1: Cut the Biscuits and Sauce them Up
First, begin by removing the biscuits from the container and then cut each of the biscuits into 4 pieces.
Place all of the biscuits cut biscuits into a medium mixing bowl, and then pour in ½ of the jar of pizza sauce (you can add more if you’d like).
Next, add in the chopped pepperoni (or topping of your choice) and the shredded mozzarella cheese. And then mix everything together until it is all well distributed.
Step 2: Prepare the Baking Dish
Upon choosing the dish you want to use to make your bubble pizza, place the pizza ingredients into the baking dish(es), ungreased, and then place them into the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Bake the Bubble Pizza
Once the baking dish(es) are in the air fryer basket, close the air fryer and set the temperature to 330F or 165C.
The cooking time will depend on what you chose to cook the pizza in. Take a look at the list below and choose the correct cooking time based on your baking dish.
- Cupcake liners, bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes.
- Ramekins, bake the pizza for 13-14 minutes.
- Cake barrel, bake the pizza for about 15 minutes.
Step 4: Sprinkle on the Cheese
After the cooking time is complete and the biscuits seem to be cooked through, remove the air fryer basket, top the bubble pizza with more mozzarella cheese and then place the basket back into the air fryer.
When you are done sprinkling the cheese on, turn the air fryer on for another 1-2 minutes at 400F or 200C to melt the cheese. Now, just carefully remove the dishes from the air fryer and serve the pizza hot!
Recipes to Serve with Bubble Pizza
Instead of just making the pizza itself, you can always turn this dish into a full meal by serving it with a few more of my favorite sides!
Friday Night Pizza Sides:
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Crescent Roll Meatball Dinner Recipe in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Zucchini Tomato Corn Salad
- Poor Man’s Lasagna Recipe (Oven and Air Fryer Instructions)
When your family is like mine and tends to always have pizza for dinner on Friday, why not introduce this air fryer bubble pizza to the Friday menu?
It is such a fun play on the classic family favorite pizza recipe. Not to mention, it is super simple to make and throw together. So, even the kids can help prepare dinner!
Enjoy More Easy Dinner Recipes like this Bubble Pizza Recipe that Can All be Made in the Air Fryer:
- Effortless Air Fryer Hamburgers in Minutes!
- Simple Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
- The Best Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- 5 Ingredient Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers (Quick Air Fryer Recipe)
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Crunch Wrap
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
Air Fryer Bubble Pizza
- Oven-safe baking dish Cupcake liners, ramekins, or cake barrel will work~
- 1 package Refridgerated biscuits, cut into quarters
- 14 oz Jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Pepperoni, cut into quarters
- Open the biscuits container and quart each biscuit with scissors or a knife.
- Place the biscuits into a bowl and mix with ½-1 jar of pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese.
- Place the contents in the desired baking dish. No need to grease the dish.
- Cook at 330°F/165°CTo cook in cupcake liners - bake for 10-12 min.To cook in ramekins, bake for 13-14 min.To. cook in cake barrel, bake for 15 min.
- Top with more mozzarella cheese if desired and cook for 1-2 min more at 400˚F/200˚C.