Ham and Cheese Slam Sandwich
Oh man if you are looking for a delicious, yet super easy lunch or dinner, heck even breakfast would work for this recipe, then you need to try out this ham and cheese slam sandwich. I am beginning to wonder where it’s been my whole life.
It is seriously surprisingly good for how simple of an air fryer recipe this is. It is also very versatile, so don’t let the fact that it has ham in it throw you off. The ham can easily be changed for what you like.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed for Ham and Cheese Slam Sandwich:
- Grands biscuit dough
- Ham deli meat (or your favorite)
- Cheese slices (we used American cheese)
- Egg wash
- Air fryer
- Sharp knife
- Pastry brushes (These pastry brushes work great for this recipe!)
Try Homemade Biscuits
One of the reasons I love this recipe is that it is super simple and straightforward. However, if you want to make your own biscuits for this recipe I say go for it! Just know it will add time to your preparation process. But the cooking time will probably be less since you won’t be using refrigerated dough.
Sugar Spun Run has a great and easy homemade biscuit recipe that I would suggest trying in place of the Grands biscuits.
More Combinations to Try
When you want to make this recipe in your Cosori 5.8QT air fryer don’t limit yourself! This recipe is like the gateway sandwich.
Must Try Combinations:
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Turkey and Swiss
- Roast beef and Swiss
- Chicken and provolone
- Scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage
- Pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni
How to Make Ham and Cheese Slam Sandwich:
Step 1: Prepare the Dough
Start by pulling the raw biscuits in half or using a sharp knife to cut them in half.
Step 2: Fill the Dough
Take one or two pieces of deli meat and fold them in half and maybe once more to fit it in the dough without spilling out.
Then place a piece of cheese along with the meat on top of the dough.
Step 3: Place the Biscuits Together
Place the other half of the biscuit dough on top of the meat and cheese and then press the edges together to seal it shut.
Step 4: Cook the Slam
Now, spray the inside of the air fryer basket lightly with nonstick cooking spray and then place the sandwiches inside the air fryer basket and then brush the tops of them with the egg wash.
Then place the air fryer basket back in the air fryer and cook the sandwiches at 375F or 190C for 8 minutes or until the tops become slightly golden brown.
Now remove the sandwiches and brush the tops of them with melted butter, and then enjoy!
Perfectly Simple Lunches
If you are still in the market for an air fryer I cannot recommend the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer more! I use it all the time to make up lunch quickly for my family. Plus it is also great for reheating leftovers the next day.
Recipes You Need to Make for Lunch:
- All in One Air Fryer Feta Penne Pasta
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Quick & Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bubble Pizza Recipe
There is never a bad time to have a sandwich, especially when it is as tasty and easy as this one. It is also great that you can make one recipe but make little adjustments to suit all of the family’s taste buds.
You can always try it one way, and then try different flavors to keep this recipe fresh and new without getting bored with the same recipe.
Try Out New Recipes for Your Air Fryer!
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Ham and Cheese Slam Sandwich
- Sharp knife
- Pastry brushes
- 1 can Grands biscuits dough
- 8 slices Ham deli meat Or your favorite type of meat
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 Egg Egg beaten to use as egg wash
- Take the raw biscuit dough and pull it in half.
- Fold the lunch meat to fit inside the dough. I folded it in half and then in half again.
- Place the lunch meat and then a slice of cheese inside the biscuit.
- Take the top half of the biscuit and place it on top of the biscuit, meat, and cheese to make a sandwich.
- Press down on the edges to seal it shut.
- Place the sandwiches in a lightly sprayed air fryer basket and brush the egg wash on top of the sandwiches.
- Cook at 375 °F for 8 minutes
- Remove from the air fryer basket and enjoy with melted butter brushed on top, if desired.