Air Fryer Honey Ginger Chicken
When you are looking for a simple dinner recipe that can be made with stuff you already have at home, you need to give this Air Fryer Honey Ginger Chicken recipe a try.
Chances are you have what you need either in your pantry or refrigerator to make this easy chicken dinner recipe.
Also, this is a great recipe to pair with some of the other side dishes we have on our website. I’ll tell you a few of my favorites, later, but you can also just eat these as they are too!
Big thanks to our friend, Lisa, for sharing this recipe with us!
Ingredients and Supplies You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Honey Ginger Chicken:
- Chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Chicken bullion or chicken stock
- Ginger, grated or minced
- Black pepper
- Minced garlic
- Green onion for topping (optional)
- Sauce pan
- Bowl or ziplock bag
- Air fryer (Cosori Pro II)
Do I have to heat the marinade ahead of time?
In order to get the consistency of the marinade that you will want it is essential to heat up the ingredients over the stovetop ahead of time. The only way to thicken up the sauce with the thickener is to heat it.
Why am I using cornstarch?
Cornstarch is a great way to thicken up a sauce to get it to a sauce-like consistency, rather than soupy. It also allows you to use the marinade as a dipping sauce too if you’d like!
How to make Air Fryer Honey Ginger Chicken:
Step 1: Create the marinade
In a sauce pan, mix all of the marinade ingredients together except the chicken, green onion, and cornstarch.
Once you have everything in the pan, bring it to a soft boil.
Then, add in cornstarch mixed into a little water (3-4 tbsp of water should do, it just needs to be dissolved). Add to mixture and simmer it all together until it is thick, like the consistency of a sauce.
Step 2: Add the chicken
Once you have the marinade made, combine the chicken and at least half the marinade (depending on how much chicken you have) together in a bowl or ziplock bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavor to penetrate the chicken.
Step 3: Cook the chicken
After the chicken has had a chance to marinade, place the chicken strips into the air fryer basket and cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes at 380 degrees F or 193 degrees C, making sure to flip the chicken strips at the halfway point, or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F or 74 degrees C.
Once the chicken is done cooking, serve it with rice and topped with green onion, and enjoy!
More air fryer recipes to serve with Parmesan potatoes
There are some simple options to pair with this easy chicken dinner recipe. All of these can also be made in the air fryer in no time at all!
What to serve as a side:
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- Air Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Rice in the Air Fryer
If you need a simple, no frills, yet completely delicious dinner, this is the one you need to make. I love when I can create a recipe from scratch out of things I already have (especially when I didn’t get a chance to plan it).
Since this honey ginger chicken recipe has only a few ingredients, you are sure to have what you need at home already!
Dessert air fryer recipes to serve with this chicken dinner recipe!
- Air Fryer Dessert Hand Pies
- Gooey Mini S’mores Pies in the Air Fryer
- Cherry Hand Pie Hearts
- Easiest Air Fryer Fried Oreos
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Honey Ginger Chicken
- In a sauce pan, mix everything together except the chicken, green onion, and corn starch. Bring to soft boil and then add in cornstarch mixed into a little water. Add to mixture and simmer until thick.
- Combine the chicken and at least half the marinade (depends on how much chicken you have) together in a bowl or ziplock bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken strips into the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes at 380 °F, flipping at the halfway point, or until the chicken reaches internal temp of 165 °F.
- Serve with rice and top with green onion. Enjoy!
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!