Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
Try this Air Fryer Breakfast Egg Rolls recipe!
While these are fundamentally breakfast egg rolls, with eggs, ham, and cheese, they can definitely be eaten any time of day, for any meal. The filling is quick and easy and they cook up perfectly in the air fryer!
Egg, Ham, and Cheese Egg Roll Ingredients
The ingredients are super simple – eggs, salt, pepper, cheese, cubed ham, and egg roll wrappers.
Cubed ham can be cut from leftover cooked ham or you can buy an 8-ounce package of pre-cubed cooked ham at most grocery stores.
Egg roll wrappers can be found at most grocery stores as well, although the item location may vary. At my Kroger store, they used to be in the produce section, but are now in the refrigerated area in the health food section.
The filling is as simple as beginning to cook the eggs as though you are making scrambled eggs, but before they are all the way done, add the ham, then the cheese.
How to Roll an Egg Roll
It can be a little tricky to roll egg rolls at first, but there are usually instructions on the egg roll wrapper package.
- Place the egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with one corner pointing toward you, like a diamond.
- Place the filling in the center of the wrapper and spread it from side corner to side corner, leaving space around the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling, then fold in each side corner, so it looks like an envelope.
- Roll up, while tucking in the edges. Dab a little bit of water on the top corner, before rolling up all the way, in order to help it stick.
Don’t let the filling sit on the wrapper for too long before rolling or the wrapper will begin to get too soggy. I work on 3 or 4 at a time before scooping out more of the filling for additional rolls. Once they are rolled, they will be fine to sit for a bit until they can be cooked.
Cook as many egg rolls as you can at a time in your air fryer, without them touching each other. I can fit 7 at a time in my air fryer. Then spray the top of the egg rolls with oil spray. (Avocado oil or olive oil are great choices.)
How Long to Cook Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
These breakfast egg rolls are awesome in the air fryer because they get nice and crispy and it only takes 6-8 minutes to cook! They seem to cook better, more evenly, and faster in the air fryer. The only plus side of using a conventional oven for this recipe is that you can place them on a baking sheet and cook them all at one time. (See below for oven instructions.)
I like to make a full recipe, cook the egg rolls in the air fryer, then store the leftovers in the refrigerator. It is easy to pop a few leftover cooked egg rolls in the air fryer to reheat for a few minutes and enjoy them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Breakfast Egg Rolls in the Oven
Don’t have an air fryer? No problem, although I highly recommend the Cosori 5.8QT air fryer!
Oven Instructions: Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with oil spray. Place egg rolls on baking sheet, seam-side down. Spray egg rolls with oil spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden and crispy on the outside.
Serve the ham, cheese, and egg rolls with your favorite salsa, ketchup, hot sauce, or any other favorite sauce or condiment that you think would be good. Of course, they are great without any sauce too!
See more of our favorite air fryer recipes!
All you need to know about your air fryer:
- The Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg Rolls
- 12 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Whisk eggs in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until eggs are just cooked through. Add ham and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup (or 1/16th) of egg mixture onto an egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner up over filling, then fold side corners in (like an envelope), and roll it up (see photos in blog post or back of package for visual instructions). Dab a bit of water on the top corner before rolling all the way to help it stick. Repeat for each egg roll.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray. Place 4-7 egg rolls in the basket, however many your air fryer can fit without them touching, seam-side down. Spray egg rolls with oil spray. Air fry at 400°F for 6-8 minutes, until golden and crispy on the outside.