Zucchini Pizza Bites in the Air Fryer
This delicious zucchini pizza bites recipe is a perfect snack or appetizer that you can make in under 30 minutes all in the air fryer. It is not super complicated making it a perfect beginner recipe if you are new to the air fryer.
Let me take you through the steps below or watch exactly how to make zucchini bites in the air fryer!
Ingredients Needed for Making Zucchini Pizza Bites:
- Zucchini, sliced
- Garlic powder
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Favorite pizza toppings
Pizza Topping Ideas
You can use as many toppings as you want or that you think you can fit on your pizza bite!
Here are toppings I love to use on the pizza bites (or any pizza):
- Browned sausage
- Chopped, cooked bacon
- Banana peppers
- Sliced ham
What Do I Need to Make Pizza Bites in the Air Fryer?
This zucchini bites recipe is designed to be made in the air fryer, so you will need to get an air fryer if you do not already have one. If not, I would suggest the Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer as that is the one I use! But, you can use any air fryer that you have already.
You will also need parchment paper to line the air fryer with so be sure to have that on hand as well. It works well for easy clean up of the air fryer.
How To Make Zucchini Pizza Bites in the Air Fryer:
Step 1: Cut the Zucchini Slices
After you have washed the zucchini you will need to cut it into ½ inch thick slices to make the pizza bites. You want to make sure they are not too thick otherwise they won’t cook through all the way, but not too thick otherwise they can burn.
After slicing the zucchini, sprinkle a pinch of salt on each piece and let it sit for about 5 minutes to allow excess moisture to be removed.
Step 2: Season the Zucchini
After 5 minutes add garlic powder and any other pizza seasonings to the zucchini to your tastes. I love to add Italian, basil, and sometimes oregano!
Then place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of your air fryer basket and layer the zucchini in the basket, but do not layer the zucchini.
After the zucchini is in the air fryer basket, spray it with a little bit of nonstick cooking spray and then place the basket in the air fryer and cook them for 8 minutes at 320F or 160C, or until the zucchini feels tender to the touch.
Step 3: Build the Zucchini Pizza Bites
When the zucchini is done roasting, remove the basket from the air fryer and spoon pizza sauce onto each slice of zucchini and then continue layering the zucchini slices with the mozzarella cheese and the pizza toppings you chose.
You may want to put a piece of parchment paper on top of the pizza bites if you use thinner toppings like pepperoni.
The air fryer tends to blow the pepperoni around, so to stop that place another piece of the parchment paper on top of the zucchini bites and then a heavier air fryer tool like the rack from this tools accessories kit.
Once the pizza bites are prepared, place the basket back into the air fryer and continue to cook them for 3 minutes at 400F or 200C, or until the cheese is melted the way you like!
Then just carefully remove them from the air fryer and enjoy!
What To Serve With Zucchini Pizza Bites
These delicious and flavorful pizza bites can be served as a snack or an appetizer, but if you want to turn it into a meal, try making some of these:
- Cauliflower Broccoli Pea Salad (with Bacon)
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
- Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Easy Homemade Breadstick Recipe
I love that this is a healthy recipe that you can make as a snack in under 20 minutes and use everything you have at home and make the recipe fit your personal taste or diet. It is nothing crazy complicated so you can jump right in if you are new to the air fryer.
Let us know in the comments which toppings you tried on your zucchini pizza bites!
Enjoy These Delicious Appetizers You Can Make in the Air Fryer:
- Bacon and Pineapple Appetizer in the Air Fryer
- 10 Minute Air Fryer Ham Quesadilla
- 4 Ingredient Crescent Roll Meatball Recipe in the Air Fryer
- Vegetarian Bean & Cheese Burrito In The Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas Recipe
- Parmesan Tomatoes in the Air Fryer
- Dorito Crusted Babybel Cheese Bites
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Zucchini Pizza Bites in the Air Fryer
- Cut the zucchini into ½ inch thick slices
- Season each slice with a pinch of salt and let it sit for 5 minutes to remove moisture.
- Add Garlic powder to taste and any of other of your favorite pizza inspired seasonings (Italian seasoning, basil, etc).
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Layer the zucchini in the air fryer basket, spray with a little oil, and cook for 8 minutes at 320 °F, or until the zucchini is tender and roasted to your liking.
- Spoon on pizza sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings onto each zucchini bite.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 400 °F, or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Remove and enjoy!
Recipe From: Fabulessly Frugal YouTube
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!