Air Fryer Cabbage
Air Fryer Cabbage is a great gluten-free and low carb side dish that you can make for the whole family and requires minimal prep time.
This is perfect when you are looking for a healthy side dish to add to a simple dinner recipe using delicious napa cabbage.
If you’re anything like me, if I can throw it in the air fryer, it makes any vegetables that much easier to eat, so this easy side dish recipe is perfect!
Ingredients needed for making Air Fryer Cabbage:
- Small head green cabbage
- Yellow or white sweet onion
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
Supplies needed for this Air Fryer Cabbage Recipe:
Different spices and seasonings to use for this savory cabbage side dish:
If you want to switch up this simple recipe, a great way to do that is to add different seasonings to toss cabbage in:
- Ranch packet
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Old bay seasoning
- Season salt
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Bacon bits (this might be on the less healthy side)
Ways to slice cabbage:
For this recipe, we will use it chopped, but when you want to get the cabbage core out of the way, you can cut the cabbage into cabbage wedges or cabbage steaks as well.
How to store cabbage leftovers:
If you have any leftovers for the cabbage, place it in an air-tight container and store it in the fridge for 3-5 days for the best texture of the tender cabbage.
How to make Air Fryer Cabbage:
Step 1: Slice cabbage
Slice the cabbage into slices and chop it.
Step 2: Cut the onion
Slice the onion into bite-sized pieces.
Step 3: Combine onion and cabbage
After cutting up the cabbage and onion, place them in a small mixing bowl and mix them together.
Step 4: Season the cabbage mixture
Place cabbage and onion into the air fryer basket and liberally spray the cabbage and onion mixture with oil.
Then, add minced garlic, salt, and pepper, mixing it all around so everything is coated as evenly as possible.
*Cook in batches if you need to double the recipe*
Step 5: Cook air fryer cabbage
Air fry at 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C for 5 minutes.
After the 5 minutes, stir the cabbage and turn the air fry back on for another 5 minutes at 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C.
Optional: Stir. Bump up heat to 380 degrees F or 193 degrees for 2-3 minutes for extra crispiness.
The best air fryer vegetable recipes
When you are in a slump and need to change up dinner time, give these quick and easy vegetable recipes a try to add to any dinner entree!
For a new, simple, and delicious side dish to serve with any dinner recipe, this air fryer cabbage is a great option! Not only are there just a few ingredients, but it can come together fairly quickly and is a great healthy side dish recipe.
What other seasonings do you think would make this recipe stand out even more?
Dinner recipe to serve with air fryer cabbage:
- Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Dinner Recipe
- The Easiest 5 Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Dinner
- How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies for the Air Fryer or Oven
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Make Perfect Chicken Street Tacos! (Easy Dinner Idea + VIDEO)
Air fryer tips and tricks
- Air Fryer 101
- Learn these common Air Fryer Mistakes!
- All about the Best and Worst Air Fryer Accessories
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- How to Cook Any Recipe in the Air Fryer
- FREE Download → Air Fryer Tips & Temps
- Air Fryer Buying Guide
- Watch Fabulessly Frugal YouTube Channel for Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cabbage
- Slice the cabbage
- Slice the onion
- Mix together the cabbage and onion together in a bowl.
- Add to the air fryer basket.
- liberally spray the cabbage and onion mixture with oil. Add salt and pepper. Mix around so it evenly coats everything.
- Air fry at 350 °F for 5 minutes.
- Stir air fry for another 5 minutes at 350 °F
- Optional: Stir. Bump up heat to 380 °F for 2-3 minutes for extra crispiness.
Keep up to date on our newest air fryer recipes!